Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July

+12
the83man
andyhodg
Paul D13
kevin brown
Conway
CAM
NickO
Trigger
Simon Hough
TimS
rocket63
A7ESK
16 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:38 pm

Paul we are in the same plot as last yeear. Row 12 of Copse field I think it is.We have the little green tent with the lotus flag out front. We have tried to save at least a plot either side of us but there is usually plenty of room opposite if we need it. U will all be pleased to know that even in a tent at half nine at night I am on the forum lol. We are planning to be back at the campsite around 3-4pm tomorrow. See you all soon &bring some drink,oh & remember the concets we have to watch lol.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July

Post  rocket63 Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:26 am

We will see you tomorrow sometime Chris. Whittlebury, get pitched, then over to Silverstone Very Happy
rocket63
rocket63
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=regist

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am

A7ESK wrote:
NickO wrote:
Trigger wrote:If Geoff Morgan is there with his europa I'm sure you can have a good look mate. You looking at getting one lol?

Possibly, I'm looking to get rid of my Daily Hatchback and the Elise to replace with one everyday Lotus Shocked

Like this one.

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 1149283-1

Metallic canyon red with black leather interior. 2.0 litre manual.

Under 9,000 miles. One owner, excellent condition, kept in garage.

Alloy wheels, air-con, radio/CD Player, sat nav, electric windows, alarm & immobiliser, tracker.

Colour / model as picture (though not the actual car).
9,000 miles £19,000

Eddie King.

Laughing

Nice colour.
NickO
NickO

Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.ormecreative.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:00 pm

Fabulous weekend. Sorry we missed saying goodbye to:

In particular and with thanks for your great company, Chris, Tash, Nick, Karen, Thomas & Harry.

Thanks for a great weekend all. Look forward to more in the future.

Paul D, let me know about the track day mate. You have my number.

Nick you have PM Smile

Paul & Sarah
rocket63
rocket63

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Silverstone on Saturday

Post  Jennie Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi All

What a great day Saturday was - helped of course by the weather. Thanks to all who helped to organise it - good turn out despite that 'hard'standing. Eddie - writting on the forum again - found my password !!!!!
Jennie
Jennie
Jennie
Advertising Secretary
Advertising Secretary

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:23 pm

hahaha .... glad to see you kept the email from me Jennie!

It was a brilliant weekend, not put off by the weather, and we had a great time camping also. Thanks to Paul D, Paul and Sarah, Tim and Nico and Karen +2 for providing such good company and entertainment at Whittlebury over the weekend. Mind you I never thought I would be talking cars whilst being drunk and watching the Pussycat Dolls lol. Saturday night’s concert with Santana was even better than expected and worth the walk from the campsite, I do hope they do the same next year.

Finally, thank you to everyone who turned out at the club stand ... it wasn't the best location this year but as in the usual LDC fashion, the company of enthusiasts and members a like made up for it!

Official Photographs will be posted asap (hopefully before I go to Cornwall) Cool
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:24 am

What a fabulous time we had, so many wonderful cars, we didn't know where to look next, so much to see, fantastic atmosphere, all in all one of the best events for classic motorsport without a doubt, but I must say our pitch was a bit naff, Shocked felt like we were stuck in the corner like second class citizens. I think we deserve much better than this, our cars look so wonderful on grass, and people love to look at them, even if they are really there for the racing. MR LDC events organiser....have a word in the right ear before next years event and get us a better position please. Good job we are the friendly club and make the best of whatever we have so we all had a great time anyway.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Yup. The pitch was the pits. Had to be the worst area in Silverstone bar none.
rocket63
rocket63

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Are put if it rained alot in would have been the best place to be.
After all that food and drink it was about the right distance to walk it of and close to the concert aswell.

As i have been on the grass with the stand near bridge you were lucky your TYRES didn't have nails in them .

Eddie King. tongue
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:43 pm

thanks to all concerned. had a great weekend, great company too. see you all soon Very Happy special thanks to nick 4 the best piella ever. pig
Paul D13
Paul D13

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:24 am

Excellent weekend, we all loved it. The kids were made to feel so welcome and the camping was great fun (if you can call it real camping Rolling Eyes ). Still got loads of Paella left, think we'll be having paella sarnies for a couple of weeks.

Thanks again to everyone for making it so successful, especially all the happy campers.

Cheers

Nick
NickO
NickO

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Blagger alert!

Post  garyk1968 Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:18 pm

Hey hey

this where you all hang-out!

had a great weekend, thanks for the food Nick and the essentials we forgot to pack (inexperienced campers and all that!)

Great to meet all the lotus 'boys and girls'

Paul, here are some pics of me old TR6 (and the 1600e I had before it) http://www.coolretro.net/

That porsche 911 didnt sell at auction, its now for sale on one of the classic car sites for £8k, not a bad price but it has *no* history so thats a complete no-no.

Cheers All!

Gary and Sharon
in the 'lotus' bmw 320cd Smile and 'lotus' orange tent!

P.S. Nick got a couple of nice pics of Thomas and Gemma I can send to ya

garyk1968

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 am

garyk1968 wrote:Hey hey

this where you all hang-out!

had a great weekend, thanks for the food Nick and the essentials we forgot to pack (inexperienced campers and all that!)

Great to meet all the lotus 'boys and girls'

Paul, here are some pics of me old TR6 (and the 1600e I had before it) http://www.coolretro.net/

That porsche 911 didnt sell at auction, its now for sale on one of the classic car sites for £8k, not a bad price but it has *no* history so thats a complete no-no.

Cheers All!

Gary and Sharon
in the 'lotus' bmw 320cd Smile and 'lotus' orange tent!

P.S. Nick got a couple of nice pics of Thomas and Gemma I can send to ya

So now we know you are secretly hankering after a Lotus Smile Smile
It was good to meet you all at the weekend, just a shame the Targa wasn't up to scratch, but now you can concentrate on finding the 911 Cab.

I'd love to see the photos my email is nick@ormecreative.co.uk

Cheers

Nick
NickO
NickO

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Silverstone weekend

Post  Conway Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:10 am

Just wanted to add our thanks to Chris M for organising a great weekend last week (is it a week already?). Lovely day on Saturday but b****y cold on Sunday - hope you managed to get down the gazebo in the wind, Chris!
Conway and Joan
Conway
Conway

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:08 am

great pics Gary. nice to see the TR out in the snow (can't say they where great to drive in the stuff though) was same colour as mine only mine had black trim. thanks for the trip down memory lane, hope all goes well with car hunt. keep in touch (your welcome on this forum without a lotus (we have ways of making you buy)maybe see you about the dunstable area if ther are any events on.say hi to Sharon .great to meet you both,(all car nuts welcome) Paul
Paul D13
Paul D13

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 4 Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 pm

hahaha nice to see you on here Gary! Really glad everyone involved with the camping had such a good time. The weather could have been a lot better but it was the best time I've had for a long time ... and most drunk too thanks Paul lol! Nick, Tash also has some good snaps for you, especially of young Thomas. Hope we can arrange the same for next year.

The event itself was good and it was nice to have the concerts in the evening as an extra but yes you should have seen the look on my face when we turned up on our stand position on Thursday, I'm sorry but it felt all too cut off and second best. Hopefully next year will be a better event again and organised properly.

The pictures will be up soon ... sorry been in Cornwall taking in the sun Laughing
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4