Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July

+12
the83man
andyhodg
Paul D13
kevin brown
Conway
CAM
NickO
Trigger
Simon Hough
TimS
rocket63
A7ESK
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July

Post  NickO Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:09 pm

Trigger wrote:Are you wanting an electric hook up Nick? I'm just trying to think where they had the hook ups last year. I think they were at the top of the field on the flat, as there are also some gravel areas for Caravans. I have to call them at the weekend about a space for us.

We don't need electric hookup we can run of the battery and gas for a weekend, just a nice flat bit will do us. Very Happy
NickO
NickO
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.ormecreative.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:12 pm

NickO wrote:
Trigger wrote:Are you wanting an electric hook up Nick? I'm just trying to think where they had the hook ups last year. I think they were at the top of the field on the flat, as there are also some gravel areas for Caravans. I have to call them at the weekend about a space for us.
We don't need electric hookup we can run of the battery and gas for a weekend, just a nice flat bit will do us. Very Happy
Will do my best Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty Event Info and agenda

Post  Trigger Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:13 pm

I have uploaded a copy of the event guide with all the timings etc on, which from last years experience is always useful so you know what's going on and where. It also includes vital info for those of you who are bringing your car into the Circuit for the Club stand.

Download the Silverstone Classic Event Guide and Club Information
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty Re: Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July

Post  A7ESK Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 am

If you got the pc on have a listen
http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/player.html

Eddie King.
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty camping

Post  kevin brown Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Re camping. I'm up for camping in LDC area. I haven't camped at this site before so have no idea how big it is or where you enter it. Is it easy to find and will LDC be easy to find? I think I should be able to get there by midday.
Also on timetable there is mention of getting cars on stands by 10.00. I've never known restrictions on moving cars or times before, is this likely to be enforced?

kevin brown

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:51 pm

kevin brown wrote:Re camping. I'm up for camping in LDC area. I haven't camped at this site before so have no idea how big it is or where you enter it. Is it easy to find and will LDC be easy to find? I think I should be able to get there by midday.
Also on timetable there is mention of getting cars on stands by 10.00. I've never known restrictions on moving cars or times before, is this likely to be enforced?

The campsite is part of the Whittlebury Golf Club Kevin. You will enter the Golf Club through the main gates and then drive down the single track road. You will have to pass a man in a box usually, so I'm sure he will point you to the sign in point just on the right. Park up, sign in (follow the signs), and then drive down to the camping area dedicated for the Silverstone Classic people. Everyone will be in the same field and you can camp anywhere but there will be dedicated areas for certain car clubs, like us. These areas will be marked with a small sign.

Like alot of other events, the organisers of the Classic this year want everyones cars on the stand by 10am. There will be cars moving around the infield to and from the track etc but on the most part they are to stay until the afternoon. The good news is the campsite is a 5-10 minute walk from the back gates to the circuit.

What car are you coming in Kevin? Mine will be the red Elan M100 ... and our tent will have a large Lotus flag out.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:13 pm

Can I get my car onto the stand on Friday morning (just to drop it of and leave it for the weekend) even if I only have Sat Sun Tickets, I'm guessing not Question
NickO
NickO

Back to top Go down

Post  kevin brown Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:44 pm

I'll be in my goldleaf Elan Sprint drophead there's a picture of it in last years silverstone photos DUS 77K

kevin brown

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Tickets have arrived today Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty In field parking

Post  CAM Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 pm

All those attending Silverstone Classic.

I have received the LDC club pack and there no car passes for the infield. If you have purchased tickets then I am informed you have your own car pass. If not, please report to the welcome centre (car park 50) upon arrival and they can issue passes to Zone 4 LDC stand ( before 10 am or it will become difficult).

You will have to purchase entry tickets to the event first, if you are not already in possesion of a ticket. The good news is that the evening music, Pussycat Dolls and Santana are now included in the entry ticket.
I know Carlos Santana but who are the pussycat Dolls or am I getting too old??.

I am expecting traffic to be difficult on Saturday and Sunday so please leave early and allow plenty of time to get to the stand by 10.00 hrs. I am certain we will have room for all those wishing to SHOW their cars just get there in good time.

Chris Mayhew
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:40 pm

Yup. We got tickets too. Coooool. Very Happy
rocket63
rocket63

Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=regist

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:08 pm

CAM wrote:All those attending Silverstone Classic.

I have received the LDC club pack and there no car passes for the infield. If you have purchased tickets then I am informed you have your own car pass. If not, please report to the welcome centre (car park 50) upon arrival and they can issue passes to Zone 4 LDC stand ( before 10 am or it will become difficult).

You will have to purchase entry tickets to the event first, if you are not already in possesion of a ticket. The good news is that the evening music, Pussycat Dolls and Santana are now included in the entry ticket.
I know Carlos Santana but who are the pussycat Dolls or am I getting too old??.

I am expecting traffic to be difficult on Saturday and Sunday so please leave early and allow plenty of time to get to the stand by 10.00 hrs. I am certain we will have room for all those wishing to SHOW their cars just get there in good time.

Chris Mayhew

Yes just to confirm Chris we have recieved our infield parking permit with our tickets.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:14 pm

Hi Chris. Our car pass came with the tickets as stated. All good. Lets hope the monsoon weather up here disappates before the end of next week.
rocket63
rocket63

Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=regist

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:53 am

CAM wrote:...........I know Carlos Santana but who are the pussycat Dolls or am I getting too old??......

Chris,

I'm sure I'm even older than you are, but even I know that Lewis Hamilton goes out with one of the Pussycat Dolls! I think they probably look better than they sounmd to the likes of you and me......... Smile

Last edited by the83man on Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : poor grammar....)
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:56 pm

all booked now 4 sat/sun see you all soon
Paul D13
Paul D13

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty Discount code

Post  haicovdh Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:20 pm

Hi
Does anybody know a discount code which still works? Looks like the SC09LDC is no longer available.

Regards
Haico
haicovdh
haicovdh

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:20 pm

haicovdh wrote:Hi
Does anybody know a discount code which still works? Looks like the SC09LDC is no longer available.

Regards
Haico
Haico, non of the discount codes will work anymore as it has passed the date to order the tickets with the discount. It is certainly worth giving them a call though and stating that you are a Club member and would like you use the discount offer if still possible. They can only say no.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty Last Minute Tickets

Post  Trigger Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:51 pm

Trigger wrote:
haicovdh wrote:Hi

Regards
Haico
Haico, non of the discount codes will work anymore as it has passed the date to order the tickets with the discount. It is certainly worth giving them a call though and stating that you are a Club member and would like you use the discount offer if still possible. They can only say no.

Silverstone Classic is on countdown - just 4 days to go. Grab last minute tickets for just £10 at 0871 231 0849 and quote SC09TEN. Don't miss out, its gonna be a big hit. www.silverstoneclassic.com.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 Empty silverstone classic

Post  paulmasonracing Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:12 pm

Paul & Trish - Sunday Very Happy
paulmasonracing
paulmasonracing

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:58 am

paulmasonracing wrote:Paul & Trish - Sunday Very Happy
Nice one .... see you there, oh and bring the sun Cool
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Is anyone going to be there with a new Europa we could have a sit in/gander at??? Shocked
NickO
NickO

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:28 am

If Geoff Morgan is there with his europa I'm sure you can have a good look mate. You looking at getting one lol?
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:51 pm

Trigger wrote:If Geoff Morgan is there with his europa I'm sure you can have a good look mate. You looking at getting one lol?

Possibly, I'm looking to get rid of my Daily Hatchback and the Elise to replace with one everyday Lotus Shocked
NickO
NickO

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:45 pm

NickO wrote:
Trigger wrote:If Geoff Morgan is there with his europa I'm sure you can have a good look mate. You looking at getting one lol?

Possibly, I'm looking to get rid of my Daily Hatchback and the Elise to replace with one everyday Lotus Shocked

Like this one.

Silverstone Classic 24/25/26 July - Page 3 1149283-1

Metallic canyon red with black leather interior. 2.0 litre manual.

Under 9,000 miles. One owner, excellent condition, kept in garage.

Alloy wheels, air-con, radio/CD Player, sat nav, electric windows, alarm & immobiliser, tracker.

Colour / model as picture (though not the actual car).
9,000 miles £19,000

Eddie King.

Laughing
A7ESK
A7ESK

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:41 pm

prob going to come up tomorrow eave, so see you all at whittlebury.
Paul D13
Paul D13

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next