Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula1 chat

+14
Spunky
the83man
rocket63
Atthelimit
dpr59
eclat22
GrumpyBodger
NickO
Trigger
Simon Hough
TimS
Paul D13
tashuka
A7ESK
18 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Re: Formula1 chat

Post  A7ESK Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:42 am

How much ?

Raleigh Chopper

Estimate:£600 - 700.

If only i keep one or two at the time cheers Mike .

Eddie . affraid
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Latest Donington News

Post  Trigger Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 pm

Donington Park bosses have not revealed if it has the funds and plans in place to satisfy F1 bosses it is ready to host next year's British Grand Prix.

Circuit management have less than 24 hours to provide Formula 1 surpremo Bernie Ecclestone with evidence of its ability to hold the event. It will cost £80m to bring the Leicestershire circuit up to standard. The venue could be in danger of losing the 2010 race, one which would bring huge investment to the East Midlands.

The company which operates the track has faced legal and planning problems since being given the rights to stage the race and has declined all week to comment on whether it will be able to meet the latest deadline
set by Mr Ecclestone.

Bosses at the track have continually dismissed doubts over its ability to host the event. Motor racing at Donington Park ended last month so work could begin to prepare the venue for next year's grand prix.

Speaking last week Mr Ecclestone told BBC Sport: "Donington have had 'a bit more time' three times...they can't have much more."

The last major race at Donington was the British Moto GP in July. Donington Park secured the contract to host the British Grand Prix from next year in July 2008, at the expense of Silverstone, which has been home to the race since 1987.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/8287991.stm
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Trulli, Glock 'not needed' at Toyota in 2010

Post  Trigger Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:12 pm

Toyota have reportedly told their racing duo Jarno Trulli and Timo
Glock that their services will not be required next year and have urged
them to seek alternative options for 2010. Heard after watching the F1 qualifying that they could both be looking at a place at Lotus F1. Trulli would certainly be an experienced driver to have in their first season ... Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_biggrin

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Jarno-trulli-and-timo-glock-in-the-race
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Senna close to securing F1 drive

Post  Trigger Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:50 pm

Brazil's Bruno Senna says he is close to following his late uncle Ayrton Senna into Formula 1 next season.

The 26-year-old has been linked with Campos Meta Racing, who will join the grid for the first time in 2010, but he is also holding talks with other teams.

Senna revealed that he has been in discussions about an F1 race seat for the last few months, holding talks with an existing outfit as well as 2010's new teams - Campos Meta Racing, Lotus and Manor GP - with the exception of USF1.

The Brazilian is hopeful of determining where his future lies before the season finale in Abu Dhabi on 1 November but will take his time weighing up all the options.

"The best possibilities are with the new teams. There are a few good propositions on the table and we seem to be quite close. I'm keen to get going next year."

However, Senna ruled out a move to the new Lotus F1 team for sentimental reasons alone. It was with Lotus that three-time world champion Ayrton Senna claimed his first ever pole position and victory in 1985.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:49 pm

YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!!
Well done that man from the West Country.
That were good on thee boyo Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_lol Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_lol Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_lol

Wooha!
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:19 pm

Well done BRAWN GP first year out won it all.

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Offbrawn1b

Eddie King
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:01 pm

Has anyone done their Sums?
Where would Mr. Button be now if Barichello had finished without a "Puncture"?
I wonder how the "perpetual loser" is feeling at the moment?

As previously expressed I'm very happpy for our West Country Kid but how long can Rubens cope with coming in as runner up, my heart bleeds for him.

john
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:10 pm

Hi, I just found this:-

F1 'war' on car makers - Ferrari

Ferrari has said that those in charge of Formula 1 have "waged war" against the major car manufacturers, leading to the withdrawal of several teams.

Toyota quit the sport on Wednesday, following the loss of Honda and BMW, while Renault are also considering their future in F1.

The Ferrari statement comes soon after a change of leadership at the sport's governing body, the FIA. Max Mosley will be replaced by ex-Ferrari boss Jean Todt as president. In a statement released on its website, Ferrari compared the sport to the Agatha Christie detective novel 'Ten Little Indians' in which the murderer is not exposed until after the other characters have been killed off. The statement read: "It could be seen as a parody of "Ten Little Indians," the detective novel by Agatha Christie, first published in England back in 1939, but the reality is much more serious.

This gradual defection from the F1 fold has more to do with a war waged against the major car manufacturers by those who managed Formula 1 over the past few years, than the result of any economic crisis.

Ferrari statement:
"Formula 1 continues to lose major players: in the past 12 months, Honda, BMW, Bridgestone and Toyota, have announced they are leaving the sport. "In exchange, so to speak, we will now have, Manor, Lotus (at least in name only, as this incarnation has little to do with the team that gave us Colin Chapman, Jim Clark and Ayrton Senna to name but a few,) USF1 and Campos Meta.

"Can we claim that it's a case of like for like, just because the numbers sitting around the table are the same? "Hardly and we must also wait and see just how many of them will really be there on the grid for the first race of next season in Bahrain and how many will still be there at the end of 2010. "The reality is that this gradual defection from the F1 fold has more to do with a war waged against the major car manufacturers by those who managed Formula 1 over the past few years, than the result of any economic crisis. "In Christie's work of fiction, the guilty party was only uncovered when all the other characters died, one after the other. Do we want to wait for this to happen or do we want to pen a different ending to the book on Formula 1?"

Renault held an emergency board meeting on Wednesday to discuss their future in the sport. The French car manufacturer is considering whether to remain in the sport with its own team, switch to simply being an engine supplier or quit altogether.

Tyre manufacturer Bridgestone have also said they will leave Formula 1 at the end of 2010. In a statement released on Wednesday, the FIA said: "(We have) repeatedly warned that motor sport cannot outpace the world economic
crisis. "That is why the competing teams have been asked to cut costs and the entry of independent teams has been encouraged.

"The FIA accepted the cost-reduction measures put forward by the teams on the basis that they would ensure a long-term commitment to the championship. Toyota's announcement demonstrates the importance of the original cost-reduction measures set out by the FIA. "The FIA will now work to ensure that Toyota's departure is managed in the best interests of the championship and will continue to encourage the F1 teams to undertake the necessary
cost-cutting measures for the good of the sport."

Cheers, John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Lotus F1 website

Post  Simon Hough Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:48 pm

Not much to look at now, but one to watch as news develops...

http://lotusf1racing.my/

Regards

Simon

Simon Hough
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Re

Post  Trigger Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Simon Hough wrote:Not much to look at now, but one to watch as news develops...

Nicely found Simon. The website address says a lot about the Lotus F1 team and where the developments are being funded and backed from .my = Malaysia Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_lol

Still looking forward to 2010 ... will be good to shout at the tv for another team rather than Ferrari. Would be nice to see Rubens Barrichello, Jarno Trulli or Nick Heidfeld at the team in the new year.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:00 am

[quote="Trigger"]
Simon Hough wrote:Not much to look at now, but one to watch as news develops...

Nicely found Simon. The website address says a lot about the Lotus F1 team and where the developments are being funded and backed from .my = Malaysia Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_lol

Still looking forward to 2010 ... will be good to shout at the tv for another team rather than Ferrari. Would be nice to see Rubens Barrichello, Jarno Trulli or Nick Heidfeld at the team in the new year.

Yes I agree, it will be great for us all to support the new Lotus team. Has anyone tried to complete the media registration off the site? it maybe worth a try to see if we get more information.
Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:08 am

It sound like Silverstone is the place to be two weeks earlier next year the home of F 1. cheers

Press Release
Toyota And Bridgestone 04/11/2009
The announcements this week by Toyota and Bridgestone of their withdrawal from Formula One are of concern to the FIA.

Bridgestone has given almost 18 months’ notice of its intentions, thereby allowing the necessary arrangements to be made for the future supply of tyres to the championship.

Toyota’s decision, however, comes just weeks after its F1 team signed the new Concorde Agreement until 2012.

Urgent clarification is now being sought from the Toyota F1 team as to its legal position in relation to the championship. This will have a direct bearing on the admission of any future 13th entry.

The FIA has repeatedly warned that motor sport cannot outpace the world economic crisis. That is why the competing teams have been asked to cut costs and the entry of independent teams has been encouraged.

The FIA accepted the cost-reduction measures put forward by the teams on the basis that they would ensure a long-term commitment to the championship. Toyota’s announcement demonstrates the importance of the original cost-reduction measures set out by the FIA.

The FIA will now work to ensure that Toyota’s departure is managed in the best interests of the championship and will continue to encourage the F1 teams to undertake the necessary cost-cutting measures for the good of the sport.

Eddie King.
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:59 pm

WHAT THE HELL BUTTON, WHAT THE HELL?!?!
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Sorry lost me there Tash.

Mercedes buys Brawn & Button was the last thing I heard.
Fireworks between him & Hamilton to be expected no doubt?
Where does Mr. Brawn stand though?

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Re

Post  Trigger Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:48 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Sorry lost me there Tash.

John

I wonder if it was part of the deal having Mercedes buy up Brawn and have Button on his wanted pay salary at Mclaren for an all British drivers team. Apparently Mercedes also want Brawn to have two German drivers!!! Oh well it was good for Brawn while it lasted, now the Germans have em. Come on Lotus F1, sign Kimi and Rubens!
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Lotus F1 team sign first driver

Post  Trigger Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:20 am

The new Lotus Formula 1 team have signed their first driver but are keeping his name under wraps, according to team principal Tony Fernandes.

The aviation entrepreneur made the announcement on Saturday but did not name his new recruit. "Public announcement soon. The dream continues," he said. Jarno Trulli has been linked with the Malaysian-backed team, whose technical director Mike Gasgoyne worked with the Italian at Toyota.

F1 veteran Trulli, 35, is currently out of contract, with Toyota pulling out of F1 after eight unsuccessful seasons. Malaysian motorsport star Fairuz Fauzy has been linked with a reserve driver role with Lotus. The team are one of five new outfits due to make their debuts in 2010, with Toyota and BMW bowing out. Between 1958 and 1994, Lotus won 79 races and list world champions Jim Clark, Graham Hill and Emerson Fittipaldi among their former drivers.

The reformed franchise has been funded by Malaysian companies Tune Group and Naza Group and will have a budget of £55m for next season. Lotus are aiming for a roll out of the new car in mid-February to test it before the season opener in Bahrain in March.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In-depth interview - Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne

Lotus F1 Racing team principal Tony Fernandes and design chief Mike Gascoyne talk about how the team came into being, the pressure of having such an historic name and their hopes for their first season back in F1.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Lotus want experienced drivers - Gascoyne

Mike Gascoyne reveals there is plenty of work to do to get the Lotus team ready for the 2010 F1 season and says they have held talks with some experienced drivers to fill their two seats.

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Lotus_2010_f1_car_1
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:07 am

Trigger wrote:
GrumpyBodger wrote:Sorry lost me there Tash.
John
I wonder if it was part of the deal having Mercedes buy up Brawn and have Button on his wanted pay salary at Mclaren for an all British drivers team. Apparently Mercedes also want Brawn to have two German drivers!!! Oh well it was good for Brawn while it lasted, now the Germans have em. Come on Lotus F1, sign Kimi and Rubens!
I heard button was off to maclaren, n well erupted, what a sell out, brawn made him, he fails all next year! humph, i'm heading to be an out lotus fan now, see who brawn get n i might stick with them i don't no....
tashuka
tashuka

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:01 pm

I've totally lost the Plot here.

1. Mercedes has bought Team Brawn along with Button?
2. So Mercedes is now an F1 Car Manufacturer & well as being an Engine Supplier?
3. There is no question 3 Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_lol
4. So Mercedes will continue to supply Engines to McLaren?
5. Ross Brawn now without a team or is he part of the Brawn package bought by Mercedes?
6. Hamilton is driving alongside Button for Mercedes & not for McLaren?
7. Who will drive for McLaren?
8. And where does this leave Rubinio? (the World's best loser)

Am I right on any of those points Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_redface
Question 3. maybe Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_clown

Have a good Weekend
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:52 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:I've totally lost the Plot here.
Mercedes now own Brawn and want two German drivers for 2010. Mclaren, who have a long term contract with Mercedes-Benz have signed Jenson Button to drive alongside Lewis Hamilton (think this was part of the Mercedes/Brawn deal). Ross Brawn is still at Brawn and I assume still has 'some' ownership left in the team. The Worlds best loser Rubens Barrichello has been signed by Williams for 2010.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:05 pm

Thanks for the enlightenment Chris.
Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne Interview Here

Post  Spunky Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:57 am

See this web reference if you're interested in seeing an interview with Tony Fernandes and Mike Gascoyne

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8359642.stm

Spunky

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Michael Schumacher met with Mercedes bosses

Post  A7ESK Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:09 pm

Schumacher's manager confirms the driver met with bosses at new F1 team Mercedes
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS (CP) – 3 hours ago
FRANKFURT, Germany — Former Formula One champion Michael Schumacher met with Mercedes bosses amid speculation the driver may come out of retirement to join the new F1 team.
"I know that Michael spoke with Dieter Zetsche and Norbert Haug at the season's finale in Abu Dhabi," Willi Weber, Schumacher's manager said on Sunday.
Zetsche is the CEO of Daimler AG, the parent company of Mercedes-Benz, and Haug is vice-president of motor sport at Mercedes.
Mercedes has taken a majority stake of Brawn GP - which won the Formula One championship this year - and will race under its own name in 2010.
The new team has not announced its driver lineup for next season, but has retained Ross Brawn as its chief. He was closely linked to Schumacher's success at Ferrari.
Schumacher retired in 2006 after winning a record seven F1 titles. He abandoned plans for a temporary comeback this year with Ferrari because of a neck injury from a motorcycle crash.
Schumacher's spokeswoman, Sabine Kehm, said two days ago that a comeback was "highly unlikely at the moment."
Mercedes is believed to want at least one German driver in its ranks.

He back hmmmm
Eddie
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Who better for a first "shake down" Season. His experience together with Brawn should get the Car working nicely.
I wonder if Vettel will end up there soon? (I'm told that his Mummy's English though Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_smile )

Oh & no thanks for sending your Windy weather down this way!
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:26 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Who better for a first "shake down" Season. His experience together with Brawn should get the Car working nicely.
I wonder if Vettel will end up there soon? (I'm told that his Mummy's English though Formula1 chat - Page 4 Icon_smile )

Oh & no thanks for sending your Windy weather down this way!

I'll tell you what ... IF Schumacher and Vettel were to ever drive for Brawn under Ross Brawn, it would certinaly be the best team on the grid, sorry Lewis and Jenson.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 4 Empty Some stiff opposition

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Mercedes, Brawn & Schumacher. Quite an imposing line up.
Other than that a practically fully developed Car (Brawn) apart from the Regulation changes.
2010 Will truly sort the Drivers out with the elimination of refueling stops & all of the associated Tactics.
But I wonder if it will be more interesting for us mere Spectators?

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next