Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100

3 posters

Go down

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 Empty Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100

Post  Trigger Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:48 pm

I am in urgent need of the wiper arm mechanism for an Elan M100. Please let me know if you have any contacts with people who may be able to get one or be breaking an M100. Lotus no long produce the part ... absolutely brilliant! Evil or Very Mad

The red marked rod is the one that has either come loose or more likely snapped off from the rotary end on the left where the motor rotates the rods.

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 F630_1
LHD example

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 WiperMechanism

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 F938_1
Motor assembly
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 Empty Re: Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100

Post  tashuka Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 pm

tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Yes I have emailed the seller and the email address supplied to try and get this part. Failing that and several phone calls tomorrow I will have to look at removing the existing one and seeing if the rod can be re-attached in some form or use the rod from a LHD mechanism which several places have in stock for a lesser price.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 Empty M100 wiper part

Post  TimS Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 pm

Chris, Try Hills Breakers yard up north, Mark Postlethwaite is the contact, he is an LDC member and a good friend of Martin Edwards. Tel. 01695 551964 or 07788 102668. He has really helped me out mainly with a family Nissan Micra, but I believe he has 250,000 scrap cars in stock so maybe worth a call.
All the best, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 Empty Yay!

Post  Trigger Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:30 pm

This is one lesson learnt that I will not repeat again ... always lift the wiper blades even after de-icing the windscreen lol else you run the risk of snapping the mechanism rods and ooooo they are expensive from Lotus.

Basically, after hitting myself over the head several times I was forced to look at ordering the part from Lotus as it all comes as one working piece, you can't just buy the sections. Paul Matty's and SJ Sportscars both told me that the last price quoted from Lotus for the part was around £325!!! Ok after a few deap breaths I knew I had no choice so went and ordered one, only to get a phone call the following morning to say that they no longer produce the part! Brilliant so now I have to hunt for a used one or someone who has a spare one?

Luckily enough there was someone breaking an Elan SE on flea bay and he could provide me with the part although I was lost as to where I stood price wise. Nige on LEC luckily enough had 2 of the parts sat around from the parts fayre in Bristol back in 2007, and he was kind enough to offer me one for the price he paid at the time ... £45!!!

Okay so now I had several choices, but I thought I would take a chance by emailing the guys at Lotus from the link on the Novemeber parts sale that was down at Hethel this year. The list they had on the website listed at the time that they had 25 of the parts available selling at £55 each. I quickly had an email back the following morning saying that they still had some left over and would deliver one to my local dealer at the cost listed in November of £55 plus VAT.

Brilliant so I went forward and ordered this one to be sent to my local dealer in Cardiff and then got in touch with the technical assistance team at Lotus regarding advice fitting the part. Again I quickly had a response on the same day and although the person who emailed had never fitted one first hand he did email me the pages from the manual with the instructions on fitting it. I was told on Thursday that the part would be with the dealer on Fri / Mon and it arrived on the Friday afternoon and I collected it today ....

Now all to do is get it fitted ...

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 DSCF2095
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100 Empty Re: Wanted: RHD Wiper Mechanism for Elan M100

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down