Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elan M100 Thermostat

2 posters

Go down

Elan M100 Thermostat Empty Elan M100 Thermostat

Post  Trigger Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:26 am

This may be of interest to you Tim...

I have the thermostat housing and gasket ordered from SJ's which will be fitted along with the cambelt and waterpump parts in a few weeks. I know your Elan is suffering a lack of hot air from the vents and apparently you are right this is a common issue (although I have never had this myself). I am not sure if the thermostat on the M100 fails in the open position when it is faulty. Both the stat and gasket are cheap and easy to replace. This is the diagram from the workshop manual if its any help. I will remember to bring it along tomorrow to Arrow.

A100E6176S - THERMOSTAT - £11.47
A100E6355S - THERMOSTAT COVER GASKET - £3.54

Elan M100 Thermostat Thermostat
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Elan M100 Thermostat Empty Re: Elan M100 Thermostat

Post  TimS Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:00 am

That's great CJ, I've got the thermostat & gasket now, RBS are hoping to have it in towards the end of next week to test it and replace as necessary, the drawing will be useful so I'll collect it from you tomorrow,
Thanks,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down