Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear light out

3 posters

Go down

Rear light out Empty Rear light out

Post  TimS Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:37 pm

CJ,

Exclamation We noticed your rear n/s light was out when you left the NEC last night. (all other rear's were OK including brake lights all working).
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Rear light out Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:50 pm

Okay thanks Tim ... a change of bulb is the least of my problems at the moment I think ... the car lost an injector about 10 mins after leaving the NEC ... took ages to get home and I don't know what to do about this one as of yet.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Rear light out Empty Injector lost!

Post  TimS Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:56 pm

Oh dear, not sure which course of action to take on this, I'm sure you know plenty of M100 guys who will know, although its worth talking to Martin Edwards in case he can help, also Roy Bury at Paul Matty's will give free help & advice on the phone as he is the LDC technical advisor.
Tim. Surprised
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Rear light out Empty Re: Rear light out

Post  Trigger Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:48 pm

TimS wrote:Oh dear, not sure which course of action to take on this, I'm sure you know plenty of M100 guys who will know, although its worth talking to Martin Edwards in case he can help, also Roy Bury at Paul Matty's will give free help & advice on the phone as he is the LDC technical advisor.
Tim. Surprised
I may well be calling on Roys assistance this afternoon ... I have arranged for someone with a tester to come over and test the injectors as it is only effecting the 1st one, but further than that I need to start reading.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:59 pm

I assume you have looked for all the obvious causes such as loose connections, and the usual cause of trouble at this time of year...damp.. maybe worth a quick squirt around with WD40, but I should see what Roy Bury says as he usually knows best.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Rear light out Empty Problem solved.

Post  Trigger Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:55 pm

Big sigh of relief ... had someone come out today to look at the fuel injectors to see if there was an obvious problem. It was apparent that it was the 1st cylinder that was receiving a problem after checking the plugs, leads, pressure etc. In the end it was simply a dirty and sticky fuel injector causing the problem and with a clean and some attention from someone who knows what they're doing, the car is running better than before and feels nice and clean under acceleration.

I can put my wallet away now bounce

Furthermore, my rear lights are all in working order so I will have to get round to checking in case there is a loose connection. Will give the boot a little clean at the same time.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Rear light out Empty Car

Post  A7ESK Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:18 pm

Hi Chris thats very good news on the car keep the money for Tash christmas box. santa
Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down