Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain

3 posters

Go down

S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain Empty S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain

Post  Flump Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:27 pm

Hope someone here can help.....my S2 was parked outside my friend's house in the rain the other weekend and the alarm was going off literally every 5 minutes. I disarmed it in the end as it was nearing midnight. But the alarm kept going off.

We put a black bin bag over the engine (under the lid though) and also covered up the front vents with a bin bag too (being a noob I know there are sensors on the engine lid and the two front panels but I didn't know where), and left the car disarmed and it was then fine for the rest of the night.

So what on earth triggered the alarm? Are there any vulnerable points where water drips that does this? Parked in my friends garage (also disarmed) it never goes off. The battery is in tip top condition so it's nothing to do with battery drain, I hope. It's a 2002 S2 with a META alarm system.

Helllp

Rache
Flump
Flump

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-04-12

Back to top Go down

S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain Empty Re: S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain

Post  TimS Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:53 pm

Not sure what causes it, but I guess Eddie will have a good idea when he see's your posting, he has advised and given re-set instructions for Elise alarms. My Elan has a Cobra, they were helpful when I contacted them directly for advice.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain Empty Re: S2 disarmed alarm going off in the rain

Post  A7ESK Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi i have PM you give me Cool a call
Eddie
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down