Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser

3 posters

Go down

Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser Empty Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser

Post  waghorri Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:08 pm

Can anyone shed some light on the following.

I have been hunting all day to try and get a replacement fob for the alarm / immobiliser which I am told is made by Cobra. I have spoken to a local Cobra supplier / installer and it was like talking to a brick wall. Can anyone suggest who could supply the fob and programme them.

Secondly, I am told that there is an overide "Dongle" in case the fob goes flat which overide's the immobiliser / alarm. Can anyone tell me the localtion of the overide and any idea who can supply the "Dongle" that is required as the car did not come with one.

I have searched all the other normal Lotus info sites but cant find anything on it. Any info would be greatly appricated.

Cheers

Rich Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser Affraid
waghorri
waghorri
Cornwall & Devon Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://ldcsouthwest.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:15 pm

I would imagine that the replacement fob for the alarm could be purchased from either Cobra themselves or from an alarm fitter. I have used a local company which fit tow-bars and alarms in the past and they told me that they can re-program a second alarm fob if I needed one. I am looking at getting a replacement one for my Clifford Concept, and maybe even get it programed to lift and flash the lights (show off I know).

Is the Cobra alarm system a stock in your Esprit or was it fitted/upgraded?
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser Empty Re: Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser

Post  Trigger Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:20 pm

This company in London have Cobra Alarm fobs listed but the page is under construction:
http://www.cliffordcaralarm.co.uk/clifford-remotes.html
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser Empty Re: Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser

Post  Ian Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:04 pm

I've looked into this in case I ever need a new one, luckly both mine are fine, so far. These replacement fobs are often seen on eBay, new and used, and usually go for around a few £'s., also just the case is available if you have a damaged one. However the reprogramming is done by using the car alarm unit and switching the ingnition on ond off to select digits(!) Again you can find these instruction on the web (google search) The downside of all this is that you MUST have the alarm PIN and I suspect you don't have it! When I got my car I had to get the dealers to get this as Lotus, although they had a record of it wouldn't give to me for obvious security reasons. This deactivator 'dongle' I've heard about but also never seen it and the dealer didn't know about one either. (If you can't find the manual on the web I can email you a copy, or Chris, how can I put it in the manual section of the forum...?)

Ian
Ian
Ian
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Ian wrote:I've looked into this in case I ever need a new one, luckly both mine are fine, so far. These replacement fobs are often seen on eBay, new and used, and usually go for around a few £'s., also just the case is available if you have a damaged one. However the reprogramming is done by using the car alarm unit and switching the ingnition on ond off to select digits(!) Again you can find these instruction on the web (google search) The downside of all this is that you MUST have the alarm PIN and I suspect you don't have it! When I got my car I had to get the dealers to get this as Lotus, although they had a record of it wouldn't give to me for obvious security reasons. This deactivator 'dongle' I've heard about but also never seen it and the dealer didn't know about one either. (If you can't find the manual on the web I can email you a copy, or Chris, how can I put it in the manual section of the forum...?)

Ian

Thanks for that Ian, I have contacted my local Lotus Main Dealer as well as the independant's. I am hoping that one of them comes up with something.

I am lucky the car came with all the original books and now after reading it when awake I have found the page on alarms which explains most of what I need, however no PIN code etc.

I will await the return emails from the dealers and search ebay.

Thanks for your input.

Rich

Esprit GT3 key fob for the alarm / immobiliser Icon_biggrin
waghorri
waghorri

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://ldcsouthwest.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down