Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Lotus

3 posters

Go down

Lost Lotus Empty Lost Lotus

Post  CAF 678K Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have recently discovered that a previous car of mine owned in some very informative years, did not go to Japan as I believed but is still in the UK. It is an Elan Sprint yellow over white with the above registration. If someone could let me know the wherabouts of the car; obviously with the owners permission I would be very grateful.
Thank you Steve

CAF 678K

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Lost Lotus Empty Re: Lost Lotus

Post  GrumpyBodger Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:18 pm

Hi there Steve,

I suppose that you've tried the DVLA site?
That may tell you if the car is registered or SORNed.
Another good site to look at is given below (I hope the link works)

Lotus Elan Registry

Failing that someone on LotusElan.net may know the Car.
Please let us know if you find your Car & how.

Good luck
Lohn
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  CAF 678K Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:08 pm

Hello Lohn,
Thanks for the thoughts, it is the DVLA site that started this off. As I said I understood the car went to Japan when I sold it, but obviously not. I realised very quickly I had made a mistake selling it but was commited to the sale.
Regards Steve

CAF 678K

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:43 pm

I guessed that might be the case Steve (DVLA)
As I understand it The Registry address that I sent you is no way complete but growing.
e.g. I haven't entered my Elan on it
Have you taken a glance through it?
I really think that LotusElan.net is your best next move. There are a number of "Elan Historians" from all around the World & hundreds of other Elan owners who regularly use the Forum & will do their best to help you locate your "Lost Car"
Other than that I'm sorry that I can't be of further help.

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  CAF 678K Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for your interest, it is appreciated. I will do as you suggest and use the registry. I have noticed my post is not showing up in the forum anymore, any ideas as to why?

Regards Steve

CAF 678K

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:22 pm

CAF 678K wrote:Hi John,

Thanks for your interest, it is appreciated. I will do as you suggest and use the registry. I have noticed my post is not showing up in the forum anymore, any ideas as to why?

Regards Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm not sure what you mean by:-

I have noticed my post is not showing up in the forum anymore

Which Forum do you refer to?
If you mean LotusElan.net what user name are you using? I'll have a look for you.

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  CAF 678K Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:50 pm

Whoops I was looking in the wrong section of this site Lost Lotus Icon_redface I am found, car still lost though. Thanks John I have looked in the registry but no luck and do not seem to be able to post this sort of query on that site. I am ready to be embarressed again if that is not the case!

Regards Steve

CAF 678K

Back to top Go down

Post  trw99 Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:49 pm

Steve

I have had a search in my records and have not been able to unearth your car, though clearly from the DVLA site it is still on the road. It is unusual in that it was initially registered in Truro and I do not have any Sprints on my register that were first registered there.

Tim

Visit www.lotuselansprint.com

trw99

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 pm

Excellent advice from Tim there,
that man is Bananas about Sprints & he'll do anything if only to get his Records as complete as possible.
Yes definitely give the Sprint site a try.
I don't understand why you've had difficulty posting on LotusElan.net
You have to register first & answer a couple of easy anti-spam questions. Give it another go; it could be well worth your while.

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Lost Lotus Empty LOST LOTUS

Post  CAF 678K Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Gentlemen, Happy New Year to you,

Thank you very much for keeping a look out for me, it is appreaciated. To track down an old Lotus at first seems an easy thing to but if the car is "isolated" perhaps not. I will try again with the register;with luck the new year will produce a result. Needless to say I will post any success here.

Thanks, Steve

CAF 678K

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down