Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit

+3
TimS
A7ESK
Mattwatts
7 posters

Go down

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit Empty New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit

Post  Mattwatts Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:31 pm

Hi all, Just a quick Hello, and to introduce myself, I'm 35 and an engineer by trade but I love restoring cars in my spare time, I restored an Elan +2 in 2004 and a S1 Esprit in 2006 and I'm looking for an S1 Europa to do next but they seem rather rare !
Some pictures of my cars are here Link

I've always been been a bit of a Lotus nut, my father says it's because I was conceived in his S1 Elan ....shudder Embarassed ...Anyway

What a great website looking forward to going to a local meeting soon

Cheers
Matt
Mattwatts
Mattwatts
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit Empty Re: New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit

Post  A7ESK Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi Matt nice photos is that a power major you used .
Welcome to the LDC club .
Eddie King Midlands Area Meet Co-Ordinator.

Mattwatts wrote:Hi all, Just a quick Hello, and to introduce myself, I'm 35 and an engineer by trade but I love restoring cars in my spare time, I restored an Elan +2 in 2004 and a S1 Esprit in 2006 and I'm looking for an S1 Europa to do next but they seem rather rare !
Some pictures of my cars are here Link

I've always been been a bit of a Lotus nut, my father says it's because I was conceived in his S1 Elan ....shudder Embarassed ...Anyway

What a great website looking forward to going to a local meeting soon

Cheers
Matt
sunny
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit Empty Re: New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit

Post  TimS Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:12 pm

Hi Matt,
Welcome to the LDC, great to have you on board. I like the pictures, you have really worked hard on your Esprit, its a credit to you.
How about sending me an article on either of your cars with pictures and I'll feature it in our next Chicane, its due out in November, the deadline for copy is 30th September. If you want to discuss the detail then get in touch.
Cheers,
Tim. Smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Hello and welcome Matt. Glad you like the website and forum.

Adore the photos of your restorations. Do you still have the S1 Esprit? If you do then this may interest you. http://www.lotusdriversclubonline.org/esprit-f18/s1-james-bond-esprit-needed-t552.htm

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay with us and hope to meet you during the year.

CJ

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit IMG_4933
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Eds Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 pm

He had on show at Donington Chris IIRC, c/w slideshow of renovation works.

Nice work Matt, you told me you were having more work done as the perfectionist in you was not quite satisfied. Did you get it done?
Dave Eds
Dave Eds

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Mattwatts Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:03 am

New member from Northants with Elan & Esprit IMG_0200
Yes I still have the Esprit and can't see me ever selling it, I paid £200 for it, it had been in a barn for 20 years poor old thing. I have been working hard on it since donnington, overcoming many of the original S1 problems also the engine I brought for it, sold as a "newly rebuilt engine" had terminal problems, I rebuilt it over the last few weeks and fitted it last monday the pictures are here

I would happily write an article on either of my cars with pictures for Chicane

I would love to have my car at the Christmas dinner/dances please put me forward Very Happy

Matt
Mattwatts
Mattwatts

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi there Matt,

you certainly are a talented man, I enjoyed browsing through your Photos.
Just one question; you mentioned that you want to do an S1 Europa as your next project.
What's the fascination in doing an S1, the challenge?
You say they seem to be rare, well I think you're right there.
The problem is, as you probably know, that the molded in chassis on the S1 makes restoration such a pig of a job so most of them have been binned because of that.
If you could find a 47 the effort would be well worth it.
I know a couple of people who've done it but it took them a very long time & they had to dig deep into their pockets.

In any case good luck.
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Hi Matt & Welcome

Cant wait to see the cars in the flesh, they both look fantastic.
If you ever need a volunteer to drive one to a meeting or event just let me know Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Nick
NickO
NickO

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.ormecreative.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down