Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Brentwood ESSEX

4 posters

Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty New Member Brentwood ESSEX

Post  lansledj Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:29 am

Hi all, just a quick note to say hello, I'm a new Elan M100 owner and just joined the club. Not the greatest of starts as i picked up my car last thursday in Newbury and within 10mins had it backed into Shocked !! the bumper was repaired yesterday just need to get the car mopped to shine it up, also need to replace a couple of wheel bearings and driveshaft gators, and maybe the cam belt (only done 3k on it but its 5years since it was changed) then i will be out enjoying the sun.

regards
David Very Happy

lansledj
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:42 am

Hello and welcome David. I also own an Elan M100 and not so funnily enough also had someone reverse into the front of it the other weekend. Luckily there was little damage and I am having it repaired at Option1 Sportscars, also have the whole inncident on cctv as it was at a Tescos garage.

Have you got any photos of it to share? Very Happy

CJ
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty pics of the car

Post  lansledj Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:54 pm

not sure how to upload them ? but will do when i find out ... ahh need tohave them on a web site which I don't have so can't at the moment Sad

lansledj

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:02 pm

lansledj wrote:not sure how to upload them ? but will do when i find out ... ahh need tohave them on a web site which I don't have so can't at the moment Sad

I use www.Photobucket.com (free) ... just upload them from your pc and add the link into you post.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty now with pics

Post  lansledj Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:51 pm

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Elan_210New Member Brentwood ESSEX Elan_410New Member Brentwood ESSEX Elan10

lansledj

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty Re: New Member Brentwood ESSEX

Post  tashuka Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:33 pm

welcome along, i'm tash, chris's/trigger's other half, if there any thing yoyu need a hand with pm me, and i'll be sure to help asap.

as for the car wow looks to be in fab condition, though i bet you wont be polishing it quite as much as chris does. will you be attending any events this year, we have a lot on!
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty meetings

Post  lansledj Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi Tash,
Thanks for the welcome. I do intend to get to some events and will kep any eye out for them. I'm not using the car much Sad until i get the wheel bearing (Hopefully that's all it is) sorted. Should be done next thursday and then happy days Very Happy

lansledj

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:18 pm

lansledj wrote:Hi Tash,
Thanks for the welcome. I do intend to get to some events and will kep any eye out for them. I'm not using the car much until i get the wheel bearing (Hopefully that's all it is) sorted. Should be done next thursday and then happy days

Have you sourced the bearing?
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty bearing

Post  lansledj Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:23 pm

Trigger,
no i havent yet as I'm not sure it is the bearing, are they hard to get then ?? was going to replace all 4 as the rears are on the MOT as having play in them. I need to replace the "nuts" as well don't I ?

lansledj

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:31 pm

lansledj wrote:Trigger,
no i havent yet as I'm not sure it is the bearing, are they hard to get then ?? was going to replace all 4 as the rears are on the MOT as having play in them. I need to replace the "nuts" as well don't I ?

I know that SJ Sportscars list the bearings as I was going to have them done on mine at one point.
http://www.sjsportscars.co.uk/partsandaccessories/srchRes.asp?Car_ID=9&Type1_ID=7&srch=bearing

Do you mean the wheel nuts? I had a set sent to me from PerformanceAlloys.com, I know someone there so let me know if you need a set?
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty thanks Trigger

Post  lansledj Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Hadn't thought about it in advance may order them just in case

David

lansledj

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty requested from SJS

Post  lansledj Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:44 pm

just placed my request into SJS

lansledj

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:13 pm

They will always sell on flea bay if you don't use them Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty nuts

Post  lansledj Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 am

i meant the nuts that hold the hubs, though i had read somewhere that they should be replaced too

lansledj

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty ordering parts

Post  lansledj Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:11 am

spoke to SJS today and he has now gone on holiday so wouldn't be able to dispatch till 24th, he recommended i call paul matty so i've ordered from them today, also ordered belts and driveshaft gaters just in case.

Thanks for the heads up, just used to going in local spares shop and picking parts up !
David

lansledj

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:14 am

lansledj wrote:spoke to SJS today and he has now gone on holiday so wouldn't be able to dispatch till 24th, he recommended i call paul matty so i've ordered from them today, also ordered belts and driveshaft gaters just in case.

Thanks for the heads up, just used to going in local spares shop and picking parts up !
David
I was just about to ask if you got them ordered in time because apparently SJ's are closed until the 24th July? Paul Matty and SJ's are always my first two ports of call. And I think you are right that the nuts on the hubs are a good idea to be replaced at the same time, possible could have a knock on effect from the old bearings otherwise and always better to play safe.

Let me know how you get on with the new bearings as I will have mine done at some point, just for good measure. Will be booking mine in soon for all the belts to be replaced by Mattys.

Any chance you will fancy coming along to the Silverstone Classic in 3 weeks time or the Stoneleigh Country Show at the end of August? It is a good chance to get in for free and display the car.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty silverstone or Stoneleigh

Post  lansledj Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 am

Would love to come to both will see if i can get a pass from the wife as I've been out the last few weekends (GP and shooting comps) Smile

lansledj

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty Welcome

Post  CAM Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:27 am

Hi David,
Welcome on board. I hope you enjoy your M 100 now the sun has come out. Please consider joining us @ any of the club meets including Silverstone Classic 24th-27th July. LDC will have a stand but as yet I don't know the number.
Best wishes
Chris Mayhew
Events organiser
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

New Member Brentwood ESSEX Empty update

Post  lansledj Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:33 am

Guys thanks for the invite will try to get along to one of the events, ive had the front bearings replaced and its much quieter now Very Happy i also had all the belts, front disks, and pads replaced as well. Just need some sun now to enjoy the car Sad

Impressed with Paul Matty service (all parts well packaged and sent fast)

David

lansledj

Back to top Go down