Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs

+9
Spinball
TimS
tashuka
the83man
haicovdh
pearman
A7ESK
CAM
Trigger
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Empty Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs

Post  Trigger Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:55 pm

The date for this years introduction to trackdays and sprinting event is Thursday October 8th. This is a brilliant chance for anyone with little or no experience of sprinting or trackdays. The controlled environment will allow you to learn to push yourself and your car as far as you like with no other cars on circuit at the same time to worry about. There are also plenty of chances to get in the passenger seat of more experience drivers. Below are the entry forms and details required to enter this LDC event. This event is run by the clubs competition secretary, Colin Smith.

Timetable
08:30 – 09:30 Signing on and Scrutineering
09:30 - 10:00 Introduction to the day, discussion of car / driver preparation and track walk
10:00 - 13:30 Track Session 1
13:30 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 - 17:30 Track Session 2

Entry Fees: £60.00 For LDC Members, £ 10.00 For Additional Driver
£ 5.00 For “Day Membership” of any non LDC drivers.

Spectating facilities at Curborough are excellent, so by all means, bring your friends, family and camera. Any dogs must remain on a lead or inside a vehicle (not on the track!) during track driving sessions.

Click here to download entry form
Click here to download deceleration form (*required for entry)
Click here to download the timetable for Curborough
Click here to download checklist for entry
Click here to download directions

To see photos from last years event click here

Last edited by Trigger on Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Empty Re: Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs

Post  CAM Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:26 pm

Sorry Guys,
Can't make it this year as we are in Turkey.
Good luck and enjoy

CAM

ps Does Colin's bad leg mean he will go round on 4 wheels this year instead of 3 last time??? Please send me the video.
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Empty Re: Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs

Post  A7ESK Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:22 pm

Trigger wrote:The date for this years introduction to trackdays and sprinting event is Thursday October 8th. This is a brilliant chance for anyone with little or no experience of sprinting or trackdays. The controlled environment will allow you to learn to push yourself and your car as far as you like with no other cars on circuit at the same time to worry about. There are also plenty of chances to get in the passenger seat of more experience drivers. Below are the entry forms and details required to enter this LDC event. This event is run by the clubs competition secretary, Colin Smith.

Timetable
08:30 – 09:30 Signing on and Scrutineering
09:30 - 10:00 Introduction to the day, discussion of car / driver preparation and track walk
10:00 - 13:30 Track Session 1
13:30 – 14:00 Lunch break
14:00 - 17:30 Track Session 2

Entry Fees: £60.00 For LDC Members, £ 10.00 For Additional Driver
£ 5.00 For “Day Membership” of any non LDC drivers.

Spectating facilities at Curborough are excellent, so by all means, bring your friends, family and camera. Any dogs must remain on a lead or inside a vehicle (not on the track!) during track driving sessions.

Click here to download entry form
Click here to download deceleration form (*required for entry)
Click here to download the timetable for Curborough
Click here to download checklist for entry
Click here to download directions

To see photos from last years event click here
Names who have signed up as i have posted this on NYLOC and Mloc aswell .
Eddie King.

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pearman Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:48 am

how many have booked for this day

pearman
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:25 am

pearman wrote:how many have booked for this day
Think there are nearly 10 confirmed bookings made but plenty of room for more and even better for the amount of tracktime for each person.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  haicovdh Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Hi
Had such a lot of fun last year that i will join again.
Will bring the little Kia since the Europa, is still missing some essential parts, engine, suspension, wheels, seats, steering .......

CU in Curborough
Haico
haicovdh
haicovdh

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Trigger wrote:
pearman wrote:how many have booked for this day
Think there are nearly 10 confirmed bookings made but plenty of room for more and even better for the amount of tracktime for each person.

Does Colin have the numbers so far that have booked,

Eddie. pirat
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Mloc wrote:

Do you need a competition license or can joe blogs off the street (me) come? And can my mate come with his MR2 Mk1?

Eddie.

Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Alien
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:56 pm

No Competition Licence is required. I'm sure Colin will acept entries form non-members if there is still space left but, obviously, LDC members will take priority.
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:33 am

the83man wrote:No Competition Licence is required. I'm sure Colin will acept entries form non-members if there is still space left but, obviously, LDC members will take priority.

Thank you Mike.
Could get some new members as well.

Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:38 pm

I certainly had a good time watching this last year and would like to have hoped to make it along this year but with work comitments and the distance it's looking more and more unlikely. Still had a good time round Castle Coombe brielfy this year so can't complain just yet.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:42 pm

Trigger wrote:I certainly had a good time watching this last year and would like to have hoped to make it along this year but with work comitments and the distance it's looking more and more unlikely. Still had a good time round Castle Coombe brielfy this year so can't complain just yet.

looking the same for me with uni commitments, cant we have friday insted thats my day off !
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:59 pm

the83man wrote:No Competition Licence is required. I'm sure Colin will acept entries form non-members if there is still space left but, obviously, LDC members will take priority.

Do we now how many have booked so far.

Eddie. study
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:12 pm

'STOP -PRESS- NEWS'

I've checked, Colin confirms there are eight places left, so sign up and enjoy a fabulous day out giving your car a proper workout.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinball Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:57 pm

I am interested in doing this. I have never done a track day. What is this event like, please?

Spinball

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:09 pm

Spinball wrote:I am interested in doing this. I have never done a track day. What is this event like, please?
Hello and welcome. I was at this event last year and I think it is a great first time trackday / sprinting experience on a nice little, twisty sprinting track. Drivers will have all day to progress from getting to know the track to developing skills and testing yourself. There is only one car going round at a time and plenty of advice to be gained ready for your next run. If I didn't live so far away I would be there again this year without a doubt. Colin Smith, the Clubs Competition Secretary, runs this event brilliantly and you are sure to get something from the day.

Photos from 2008
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinball Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:46 am

Ok I would like to do this. I don't want to trust a cheque to the postal service. Is there an alternative method of payment? Could I fax the forms? Or can bring a cheque and forms on the day, if that is ok.

Spinball

Back to top Go down

Post  NickO Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:53 pm

I really wish I was coming, I'm moving offices that day but put me down as an dead cert for the next one.

Have a great day Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Icon_cheers

Nick
NickO
NickO

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2009-03-13

http://www.ormecreative.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Spinball wrote:Ok I would like to do this. I don't want to trust a cheque to the postal service. Is there an alternative method of payment? Could I fax the forms? Or can bring a cheque and forms on the day, if that is ok.
I will try and get hold of Colin and let you know Rolling Eyes
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinball Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:20 pm

Trigger wrote:
Spinball wrote:Ok I would like to do this. I don't want to trust a cheque to the postal service. Is there an alternative method of payment? Could I fax the forms? Or can bring a cheque and forms on the day, if that is ok.
I will try and get hold of Colin and let you know Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Icon_rolleyes

Great, thanks. I've put the hard top on, and checked that I fit in with my skid lid. I'm all set Smile

Spinball

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinball Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:38 pm

Not heard anything, yet

Spinball

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Spinball wrote:Not heard anything, yet
Afraid not. I would certinaly go along though in the morning if you have a cheque to hand and the form filled out, I'm sure it won't be a problem and there were spaces availalbe when I last heard 3 weeks ago. Hope you have fun, wish I could join you all.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi that not a problem all you have to do is print of the paper work fill it in and bring it with you .
and Colin will see you at the event .

Eddie King . alien
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  Spinball Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:26 pm

A7ESK wrote:

Hi that not a problem all you have to do is print of the paper work fill it in and bring it with you .
and Colin will see you at the event .

Eddie King . Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Alien

Marvellous, thanks.

Spinball

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:43 pm

How did it go? Lots of fun I imagine, you had a great day for it with the weather Curborough Intro to trackday/sprinting Oct 8 Thurs Icon_cool
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next