Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best.

3 posters

Go down

Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best. Empty Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best.

Post  TimS Wed May 06, 2009 11:17 am

This Sunday 10th May Mallory Park has a complete afternoon of Caterham's (and probably some Lotus 7's) competing against each other. This usually gives some very entertaining thrills & spills racing. They also are running the Citroen 2CV championship which is surprisingly entertaining for such low powered cars. If you fancy a run out then have a look at www.mallorypark.co.uk its just £12 on the gate or £10 in advance...cheaper than a decent pub meal and much more memorable.. Smile
Cheers, Tim. cheers
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best. Empty Re: Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best.

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed May 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Oh how I hate you Tim Steel,

I was having such a good day until you reminded me of what I'm missing out on Crying or Very sad
Are the house prices still dropping on "the Island"? No

Cheers
John Laughing
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best. Empty Classic Car Evening Meet Wednesday 10th June

Post  Trigger Wed May 06, 2009 11:06 pm

To add to this:

Tim Sisson wrote:On the evening of Wednesday, 10th June, from 6pm to 10pm, there will be a Classic Car Evening Meet at Mallory Park Race Circuit, Leicestershire.

The meet is part of the “Charity 24 Hour Buzzathon” – Stephen Warner, President of Nottinghamshire Law Society, and Deborah Hutchinson, Vice-President, plan to drive a 48cc Piaggio Ape van for 24 hours non-stop around the circuit, to raise funds for three charities, Macmillan Cancer Support, the Railway Children (helping homeless children in India) and the Alzheimer’s Society.

A number of features are planned for the evening, including a display by the Nottinghamshire Police motorcycle display team, an appearance by BBC’s “Des the Weatherman”, live music, food vendors, children’s bouncy castle etc.

As a member of the society and owner of two classic cars (Chevrolet and Rover), I have been given the job of publicising the event to classic car owners.

A dedicated classic car parking area will be provided in the centre of the circuit and is open to all classic cars of whatever age. Bring a picnic if you want to. Admission is free and there is no judging, no prizes, no formalities – just a get together with other classic car owners on a summer evening. Sorry but there is no access to the track!

Admission is free although the organisers do ask for a donation to their charitable fundraising – how much is up to you.

I hope that as many classic owners as possible will turn out to join us at this new evening event, to enjoy their cars, to meet other owners and to support a good cause in doing so.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best. Empty Re: Mallory Park - Club Racing at its best.

Post  TimS Fri May 08, 2009 4:22 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Oh how I hate you Tim Steel,

I was having such a good day until you reminded me of what I'm missing out on Crying or Very sad
Are the house prices still dropping on "the Island"? No

Cheers
John Laughing

Yes prices are still falling, the traffic is also apparently on the decline as the cash struck public pull in their belts to economise, even the banks could one day go back into profit... Question so all the more room to belt around in our Lotuses, but unfortunately they are trying to claw back some revenue by reducing the speed limits around us Exclamation Still the sun is high in the sky and motorsport in the UK still seems to be on and going at full speed so here's hoping for a great 2009.
Cheers Smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 am

Not such a good meeting at Mallory afterall. Sad In the past there would have been about six different makes or types of racing covering about 8 to 10 races throughout the afternoon, but this time there were only three - Caterhams, Westfields and 2CV's.
The first Caterham race was stopped after a smash on the first lap, the Westfields were highly entertaining, the 2CV's were a real hoot, and the next Caterham race was also stopped after only a few laps due to more mayhem Exclamation so we ended up leaving early, but lunch in the paddock diner was very tasty and good value Exclamation
Still, never mind, looking forward to some better racing in the future.

cheers Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue May 12, 2009 12:55 pm

I had a somewhat similar experience there a few years ago.
Unfortunately a Caterham smashed into the tyre wall just before the bridge on the finish straight.
After cutting the poor guy out they helicoptered him to Hospital taking along the event Doctor.
No replacement Doctor arrived after a pause in the proceedings of over an hour.
Result was that the rest of the races had to be cancelled.
That's fate; the way things happen sometimes.

At your Mallory meeting, did the clear up work after the smash slow everything down or was there just a lack of races?
Caterhams are exciting to watch but they are very hairy & IMHO one of the most dangerous classes to compete in.
Braver men than me Gungadin Embarassed
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down