Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evora Funding Problem

+2
Paul D13
the83man
6 posters

Go down

Evora Funding Problem Empty Evora Funding Problem

Post  the83man Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:12 am

Sad Here we go again...............Evora Funding News Item Shocked

It's the M250 all over again - brilliant design, wrong time. Let's hope they find the money - this one musn't get away!
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Evora Funding Problem Empty Re: Evora Funding Problem

Post  Paul D13 Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 pm

thats a shame, they may have to shelve till current credit climate gets back to normal (WHAT EVER NORMAL IS)are their any figures on pre production orders with factory? why did they not make m250 in end?
Paul D13
Paul D13
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Evora Funding Problem Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:32 am

the83man wrote:Sad Here we go again...............Evora Funding News Item Shocked

It's the M250 all over again - brilliant design, wrong time. Let's hope they find the money - this one musn't get away!

Surely now that they have officially released the Evora and have plans to move it well into the European market that they are some what forced into keeping up production even if it slacks? As per the article above I think the larger issue will be whether they can afford and want to take the risk to fund two more future models, I think this will be where we will see delays once again like the M250.

As for the current Evora ... decreasing market? maybe lower pricing is to come? I'm sure it will survive the current financial situation and may have to become another Lotus gem that wasn't snapped up by buyers of the current time.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:28 am

Trigger wrote: I'm sure it will survive the current financial situation and may have to become another Lotus gem that wasn't snapped up by buyers of the current time.

isn't that how the /m100 S2's came to fame!?!?
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Evora Funding Problem Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:32 am

tashuka wrote:
Trigger wrote: I'm sure it will survive the current financial situation and may have to become another Lotus gem that wasn't snapped up by buyers of the current time.

isn't that how the /m100 S2's came to fame!?!?

I believe the M100 was 'over engineered' for a lot of buyers and the S2 came to light when the new parent owners Bugatti decided to use up the 800? remaining engines they had supplied from Isuzu.

In some ways it may be nice that the Evora doesn't walk out of the showroom in the sense of them becoming rare but at the same time we all want to see the car become a huge hit and a financial boost to Lotus!? so that they can carry on producing great sports cars.
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:46 pm

Paul, Mike will give you the answer to 'what happened to the M250' when he sees this posting...he know's all about it and even had a M250 number plate ready for it!.

Tim. Smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Atthelimit Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Tim, Paul, Mike and others.

The M250 was not produced because of the need to harmonise the design to meet vehicle legislation throughout world markets. Whilst the under skin of the Evora may be "harmonised", the outer skin looks remarkably similar to the M250 anyway, but on balance I think the M250 looks better!

I think this model is probably safe at present but funding for future models in this current climate is a different matter, but the solution may just be at hand.

Why don't Lotus adopt the governments lead and take the quantitative easing route to sucess. They should invest in new technologies (a printing press) and manufacture some paper (money) to fund development.

The government make it sound so easy that I think we should all do it.

Kim
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:54 pm

Kim's right. The idiotic thing with the M250 was that they had firm orders for 2,400cars, including mine! Mad Whilst that is nothing in the world market that they hoped to reach with the car it's not a bad production run for the UK market. I still don't understand why they didn't at least fulfill those orders confused - unless they had got the costings all wrong again, like they did with the M100 - each one of which was subsidised by other parts of the business I suspect.

The Evora is lovely but I'm sure Kim is right that it is a 'harmonised' M250 (see Chicane No 84 for the full article!)

Anyway, to go back to the original post it seems that, on closer inspection, it might be that the Evora production is safe and that it is the next two models in the five year plan (new Elise, new Esprit) that are on hold until the funding turns up.....(I made the stupid mistake of relating the picture to the headline - silly me!) drunken
the83man
the83man

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down