Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

posts since last visit/ spell check

3 posters

Go down

posts since last visit/ spell check Empty posts since last visit/ spell check

Post  tashuka Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:38 pm

Ok so i know i help run this place, but there has been one thing bugging me. Apart from the general scrolling thingy on the portal,(latest posts) is there any other way to view a list of the posts since last your visit?
As i feel this would be really useful for those members who are unable to get on say once a week, so they could check to see if anything important was said, anywhere, relating to them, or something they could help with?

i know there is one on the main forum page, which i forget to look at, as i'm sure others do.
Maybe we could have a button on the portal?

Last edited by tashuka on Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

posts since last visit/ spell check Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Indeed there is an option to view all the posts since your last visit which is located in the header bar along the top of the forum. The scrolling portal list is dead useful but as the site gets busier in the future it is likely to be insufficient for viewing 20+ posts a day, several other forums I have been on will count up thousands of un-read posts in just a few weeks if you do not log in. I will look into putting an icon on the portal page to allow users to quickly and easily view any new posts in a list format.

Like the idea ... Wink
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

posts since last visit/ spell check Empty Re: posts since last visit/ spell check

Post  TimS Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:58 pm

Chris, whilst we are on the subject of forum use...can a spell check be accessed or somehow used when posting topics or replies Question it may tidy up the spelling mistakes...some may even learn form it when typing next time!
Rolling Eyes ...all the best, Tim
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:20 am

TimS wrote:Chris, whilst we are on the subject of forum use...can a spell check be accessed or somehow used when posting topics or replies Question it may tidy up the spelling mistakes...some may even learn form it when typing next time!

Huh ... But then you would be replacing me, I am the spell checker Laughing
Top tip though seriously and will be added to my list for phase 2
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

posts since last visit/ spell check Empty Re: posts since last visit/ spell check

Post  tashuka Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:39 am

Trigger wrote:
TimS wrote:Chris, whilst we are on the subject of
forum use...can a spell check be accessed or somehow used when posting
topics or replies Question it may tidy up the spelling mistakes...some may even learn form it when typing next time!

right i have been looking in to this, as i do run things around her too

it looks like is going to be very difficult to do, me and chris both work to spell check ourselves were
we can, are at all times posts can be changed.

as for a spell checker, both firefox and internet explorer off free add
ons for doing this, i myself use one all the time, but what i can suggest which is was i have craftily done with a few of my common miss-spells, is added into the foul language editor. i could do that with
some of yours, but i feel this is a bit of a cheat way from.
tashuka
tashuka

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:45 am

tashuka wrote:
Trigger wrote:
TimS wrote:Chris, whilst we are on the subject of
forum use...can a spell check be accessed or somehow used when posting
topics or replies Question it may tidy up the spelling mistakes...some may even learn form it when typing next time!

right i have been looking in to this, as looks like is going to be very
difficult to do, me and chris both work to spell check ourselves were
we can, are at all times posts can be changed.

as for a spell checker, both firefox and internet explorer off free add
ons for doing this, i myself use one all the time, but what i can suggest which is was i have craftily done with a few of my common miss-spells, is added into the foul language editor. i could do that with
some of yours, but i feel this is a bit of a cheat way from.

A good work around for when we know people are constantly spelling certain words incorrectly but is a much better way to control bad language on the forum. Certain words and phrases can be entered so that they can never be displayed in a post. Although web browsers do offer add ons for spell checking I am confident that there is a way to enable this in house within the application.

I do indeed alter posts every now and again when I notice mistakes, basically as a style of house keeping. I do not get bothered by people posting in the wrong sections or spelling words wrong but once again the more users try and do this themselves then the more professional and literate we all sound.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:07 am

right here is the add on that i use in firefox : link

but you don't need to download the add-on, there is one automatically
installed as default in firefox when it is downloaded and installed,
you just have to enable it.

Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> check mark Check My Spelling As I Type >> Click OK

here is the add on for internet explorer : link
tashuka
tashuka

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down