Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction

4 posters

Go down

Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction Empty Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction

Post  Simon Hough Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:29 am

Just a bit of notice to anyone with a more modern Lotus insured with Hagerty. Come renewal time they are likley not to quote for you as they are no longer covering "future" classics. It would appear that this is generally cars produced after 1980.

Thats a shame as they are a knowledgable and friendly company and have no complaints about them.

But if you have a car with them maybe a call before your renewal comes up, but to be fair they have sent me a letter well in advance of my renewal date.

Simon Hough
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction Empty Re: Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction

Post  TimS Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Simon, I suggest you give Kim Eaton a call at Abbot Insurance on 01162 333559. He has done some very good quotes for us on both classics and Elise's.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction Empty Re: Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction

Post  Simon Hough Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Cheers Tim, I was going to phone Eddie for his number tonight ! Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction Icon_smile He was going to be my next port of call !

Simon Hough

Back to top Go down

Hagerty Insurance - Change in direction Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Kim managed by far to get the best quote on the Lotus for me also ... unfortunatly in the end I stuck with Admiral Multicar as all in all they did me a good deal, mainly because I could use my no claims on both cars. I tried Hagerty again this year but once again the age has gone up ... in fact it's gone up quicker than I aged!
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Atthelimit Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:05 pm

Simon & Co

There is a change in the wind in general on the classic car age limits. We deal with a few insurers and we have seen some of them change from a 10 year age limit to a 15 year age limit. All is not lost because we still have a Lotus scheme which caters for cars of any year.

Kim
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Hough Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:05 pm

Hi Kim,

I am going to pen you an email in the next few days with all of our car details to see what you can do with us, possibly with 4 cars we may get a home fleet type policy ?

Cheers

Simon

Simon Hough

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down