Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elise S1 111S brakes

4 posters

Go down

Elise S1 111S brakes Empty Elise S1 111S brakes

Post  Simon Hough Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:14 am

Hi

Looking for peoples experiance, I am about to change the discs / pads on my 111S S1 Elise.

The standard lotus discs are the iron based cross drilled type but are shot really and I want to generally improve the cold bite and reduce hot fade.

I have been looking into two discs in particular,

EBC Turbo groove with yellow or green stuff pads

or

Eliseshop motorsport with padgit pads

These options look to offer improved performance over standard but at no significant price increase.

Any comments welcome !

Many thanks

Simon

Simon Hough
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Elise S1 111S brakes Empty Re: Elise S1 111S brakes

Post  TimS Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi Simon,
I suggest you send a PM to Martin Edwards (martin e) I'm sure he can give you some good info on Elise brakes.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Green Stuff pads work well on an Exige for road use so will probably work well on the Elise as well. Pagids are definitely better but noisier and more expensive and probably not necessary if you are only doing road use.
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:34 am

A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Hough Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks for the comments, there is stacks of info on the internet and reviews on pads and discs for the Elise. So after a week of research I have decided to go for the EBC turbogrove discs using the Yellow stuff pads. cost is around £425 for all 4 corners. It looks like to improve from this set up the costs start to rocket, also many of the "better" performance pads don't carry the approvals for road use so don't want to run into problems with insurance or the law should the worst ever happen.

The discs will probably give off slightly more noise, I had this with the MR2 when fitting groved discs, but the reviews of the Yellow stuff pads talk about the lack of squeel and the pads come with all the shims anyway.

So I will pay the cash and see, must be better than the standard ones, I think blocks of wood are better !!!

Oh and Eddie, Marie will want to go shopping with Sue now I've spent that much...... so our secret...yes, you never know when you need new tyres !! Elise S1 111S brakes Icon_lol

Simon Hough

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:52 pm

Simon Hough wrote:Thanks for the comments, there is stacks of info on the internet and reviews on pads and discs for the Elise. So after a week of research I have decided to go for the EBC turbogrove discs using the Yellow stuff pads. cost is around £425 for all 4 corners. It looks like to improve from this set up the costs start to rocket, also many of the "better" performance pads don't carry the approvals for road use so don't want to run into problems with insurance or the law should the worst ever happen.

The discs will probably give off slightly more noise, I had this with the MR2 when fitting groved discs, but the reviews of the Yellow stuff pads talk about the lack of squeel and the pads come with all the shims anyway.

So I will pay the cash and see, must be better than the standard ones, I think blocks of wood are better !!!

Oh and Eddie, Marie will want to go shopping with Sue now I've spent that much...... so our secret...yes, you never know when you need new tyres !! Elise S1 111S brakes Icon_lol
Simon, You could always argue that brakes are needed, and they are a necessity. So from a blokes point of view you haven't spent a penny Elise S1 111S brakes Icon_exclaim and not only that - you can drive her to the shops both quicker and safer if required Elise S1 111S brakes Icon_smile
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Hough Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:16 pm

So EBC turbogrove and yellow stuff now on all corners. Feals better but no aggresive braking yet, need to give them 200 miles according to bed in process!

Of the old disks I found that the car had been fitted with all left hand ones, or is it that the hole patterns on the standard discs only go in one direction ?

Simon Hough

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down