Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI

3 posters

Go down

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Empty Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI

Post  john.p.clegg Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:01 am

What more can I say apart from that I live in Glossop Derbyshire U.K. and the above puts a smile on my face not only when blatting round the hills but also when I get out my hammers and hacksaws to do a bit of maintenance....

John Wink

john.p.clegg

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Empty Welcome

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:09 am

Hello and welcome along John ... you must be our first true Elan member Very Happy

Have you got any photos of your car? Would be great to see some if you have. But apart from that I hope you stick around and enjoy the site and the community.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Empty Re: Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI

Post  john.p.clegg Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am

Oh,I have plenty of photos but as I'm more of a mechnic than an IT person (have trouble posting photos) I'll give it a go and see....[img][/img]

john.p.clegg

Back to top Go down

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Empty Image Posting

Post  Trigger Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:20 am

Trigger wrote:Although the site does contain the ability for users to upload and host photos, I would much prefer and advise members to upload any pictures onto free image hosting sites such as Photobucket, Photobox, Flickr and a few others. The reason for this is that if too many photos are uploaded onto the sites image hosting then I will be forced to delete some therefore the user loosing this picture online.

Online image hosting sites are FREE and very easy to use.
Simply register, upload the image you wish, and then copy the Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI  tag into the main post code or add the direct link address (ie. https://2img.net/h/i280.photobucket.com/Signiture.jpg) into the little box as displayed below:

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Screenshot

When you press send ... your image will appear in the post and is hosted on an external site.

www.photobucket.com
www.photobox.co.uk
www.flickr.com
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Empty A few of Johns pictures

Post  Trigger Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:00 pm

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Efiready002

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Efiready003
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI Empty Re: Lotus Elan Plus2-with ABS,shortly to be EFI

Post  dpr59 Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi,

I've read a few bits about putting EFI on Excel but I've not had an issue with the carbs.
Looks a nice job thought.

Would be good to know if it makes much difference to the power curve.
Will you put it on a dyno?
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  john.p.clegg Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:13 am

I'm not really interested in dyno readings,someone once said you can talk all day about BHP but what really matters is Torque,what I'm after is total control of the mixture and spark,with petrol now costing over £1.0s.0d a gallon Wink ,I'd like this to be my daily user and am aiming for 40+mpg and why not...lightweight....low CD....small (efficient) engine....
And only when I need to put that smile on my face will I return to 27mpg....All I have to do is press the LOUD pedal.

John Wink

john.p.clegg

Back to top Go down

Post  john.p.clegg Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:14 am

P.S.
thanks for the photos Trigger,will spend more time brushing up my IT skills when I've the time..

John Wink

john.p.clegg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down