Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula1 chat

+14
Spunky
the83man
rocket63
Atthelimit
dpr59
eclat22
GrumpyBodger
NickO
Trigger
Simon Hough
TimS
Paul D13
tashuka
A7ESK
18 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 3 Empty Schumacher

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 am

Hamilton had better keep an eye on his mirrors now!
Schumi doesn't take prisoners, just ask that Hill bloke Smile

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 3 Empty Re: Formula1 chat

Post  A7ESK Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:02 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Hamilton had better keep an eye on his mirrors now!

Cheers
John

Good news the stig is back . Basketball
Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:34 pm

[quote="A7ESK"]
GrumpyBodger wrote:Hamilton had better keep an eye on his mirrors now!

Cheers
John

Good news the stig is back . Basketball
Eddie.

What a master stroke by those Ferrari boys ! he should certainly stir things up a bit, I wonder if the good luck that seemed to stick with him before will still remain, anyway I'm looking forward to seeing him having a go again.
Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

I am sure that Hill bloke also thought even I can ram people off a track to win a title.
rocket63
rocket63
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=regist

Back to top Go down

Post  dpr59 Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:58 pm

Do you think they asked Damon first......

Think it'll be good for the end of season races.
Might make Buttons run in a bit easier if Herr S takes points away from the Red Bulls.

Now, with KR contract out at end of year who do you think will be in the red cars next season.
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  dpr59 Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 am

Oh, my tip..

Herr S, average showing in Valencia. Three days practice.
But to win 2 races by end of season. Spa and Suzuka
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Oh what a pain in the neck.
You can breath out again now Hamilton Wink
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 3 Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:48 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Oh what a pain in the neck.
You can breath out again now Hamilton Wink
My thoughts exactly! I was so looking forward to seeing him back in action for at least a few races. It would have mixed up the season and given those boys something to think about! Button and Lewis can think themselves lucky.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Formula1 chat - Page 3 Empty Fisichella joins Ferrari in dream move

Post  Trigger Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Giancarlo Fisichella today realised a life-long dream by signing for Ferrari. The Italian has signed for Ferrari for the final five races of the Formula One season after being released from his current contract with Force India, and will be the team's reserve driver in 2010.

The 36-year-old replaces Luca Badoer after his torrid time in the European and Belgian Grands Prix in which he qualified at the back of the grid and was last of those that finished.

With Ferrari this week confirming Felipe Massa requires plastic surgery after his horror smash in Hungary and will not return until next season, the team desperately needed a more experienced driver as stand-in for the remainder of the year.

Following extensive discussions between the two teams over the last 24 hours, Force India owner Vijay Mallya reluctantly agreed to part with Fisichella.

It means the 36-year-old will become the first Italian to drive a Ferrari at the team's home race at Monza - the next round of the season on September 13 - since Ivan Capelli in 1992.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Hough Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:24 pm

So the name could still be back in F1 !!!!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78284

Simon Hough

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:03 am

I don't think the purchase of the BMW team & putting the Lotus name on it would work.
In fact it won't work for anybody.
Maybe the Sauber side of the team may work but the Powertrain side would be incapable of further operation due to the heavy involvement of the BMW main manufacturing & some development facilities in Engine parts.
That would leave any concern who takes over searching for an engine.

Cheers
John

PS It would be fun to see the Lotus flag flying just down the road from the BMW development centre in Munich though Wink
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:32 pm

Keep us posted if you see the flag go up John...(as you are our Lotus 'guru' in Germany!) maybe Maclaren will do the engine for them, after all its built in Brixworth Northants.
Interesting times ahead?
Just to make you feel sad you are still over there rather than in the sunny UK...I'm off to Donington for the VSCC See Red tomorrow -you would love it, I've seen the entry list, over 400 fabulous cars, including a lot of Lotus Cortina's. I'm sure you will find it on the web or somewhere after the weekend.
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm

Oh how I hate you Tim Steel.
The fact that See Red is taking place would have gone completely over my head without your kind reminder.
A fantastic race meeting & the weather's usually good, you lucky people.
I'll be the first souvineer hunter if the Lotus flag flies in Munich Very Happy
Oh, by the way, let me know if you feel the odd twitch this weekend.
I'd like to know if the pins in the Voodoo Doll do their job Wink

Cheers
John Smile
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:17 pm

John, I wondered what that stabbing in my back was, maybe it was your pin !
We had a great day, the Lotus Cortin's flew and took first place. There were three Elite's in the race as well, one driven by Malcolm Ricketts.
I enjoyed my day marching up and down the pit lane checking passes and watching what was going on, then in the control room in charge of the pit lane siren! great fun. I'll post you the program when I've finished reading it.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 pm

Aha, so you have an official capacity at such meetings, that's nice, makes the event even more interesting.
I always make apoint of having a chat with Malcomb & his wife whenever it's possible.
We have a mutual friend in Munich; the man that re-introduced me to all things Lotus.
(Cost me a bloody fortune, that move Crying or Very sad )
Malcomb's race Elite is a work of art to be marvelled at or even eat your dinner off.
(I'm hoping to find him in an over generous mood one day Rolling Eyes )
I look forward to the Program, a very kind offer Smile
I assume you'll want it back?
Oh & I must go to Spec' Savers or get a bigger doll; the pains you felt should have been lower down Laughing

Enjoy your day at the Grindstone.
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:03 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Aha, so you have an official capacity at such meetings, that's nice, makes the event even more interesting.
I always make apoint of having a chat with Malcomb & his wife whenever it's possible.
We have a mutual friend in Munich; the man that re-introduced me to all things Lotus.
(Cost me a bloody fortune, that move Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_cry )
Malcomb's race Elite is a work of art to be marvelled at or even eat your dinner off.
(I'm hoping to find him in an over generous mood one day Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes )
I look forward to the Program, a very kind offer Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_smile
I assume you'll want it back?
Oh & I must go to Spec' Savers or get a bigger doll; the pains you felt should have been lower down Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol

Enjoy your day at the Grindstone.
John

Hi John try LEGO
It was showing two lego men with overalls on ?

Eddie. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_tongue

Last edited by A7ESK on Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
A7ESK
A7ESK

Number of posts : 581

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:13 pm

"Try LEGO"

'fraid you've lost me there Eddie.
Probably because I've been out of the country for so long (living language an' all that 'innit).

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:39 am

Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_redface LEGO - Lost me as well....I thought it was plastic building bricks for kids...well it was when I was a kid.. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_exclaim Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:52 am

TimS wrote:Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_redface LEGO - Lost me as well....I thought it was plastic building bricks for kids...well it was when I was a kid.. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_exclaim Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Oooh you're treading on Holy Ground a bit there Tim, expect a couple of fiery responses!
e.g. I have a Cousin who is 4 years older than me (so really ancient Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol) & he's crazy about the stuff Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
(He also has a B.Sc. in Bio-Chem, plays bril' Chess & Tennis, so not completely "bonkers")
Nevertheless, no substitute for "Meccano" or "Scalextric" hey Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_wink

Talk about a thread going sideways!
So what's the betting that Schumacher gets "back in the saddle" before the end of the season?
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:54 pm

[quote="GrumpyBodger"]
TimS wrote:Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_redface LEGO - Lost me as well....I thought it was plastic building bricks for kids...well it was when I was a kid.. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_exclaim Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Oooh you're treading on Holy Ground a bit there Tim, expect a couple of fiery responses!
e.g. I have a Cousin who is 4 years older than me (so really ancient Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol) & he's crazy about the stuff Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
(He also has a B.Sc. in Bio-Chem, plays bril' Chess & Tennis, so not completely "bonkers")
Nevertheless, no substitute for "Meccano" or "Scalextric" hey Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_wink

Talk about a thread going sideways!
So what's the betting that Schumacher gets "back in the saddle" before the end of the season?

You could be right there, afterall he's allways on the pit wall keeping a watchful eye on everything, a bit of fitness training on his neck and I'm sure he'll be in there, lets face it, Ferrari would love to have him back if only for a bit of PR. Monza should be good anyway, another 'proper' circuit.

Yep I was there with Meccano and Scalextric, if fact I had an official Scalextric driving licence and competed in a competition at Lewis's in Leicester around 1970. The cars were shhh!! as I recall so I didn't win!
Now what about the model traction engine with meths and real fire to get it going...can't remember who made it but I even had it going in the bedroom and burnt the carpet....fantastic days!
You'll have me going on about my Chopper next...the Raleigh bike I mean, -oh maybe not then.
Cheers, Tim. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Best left alone that one Tim!
We now have 2 Ldies watching Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
My, you were a lucky lad. The maker was "Mamod" I think?
Yes Meths can get a bit out of control when it starts to boil can't it!
My Nose marks are probably still on/in those Toy Shop Windows Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_cry
You should take another look a Scalectrix.
I got my first set only a few years ago in a mad moment of lost youth; the Cars are phenomi?? err great.
Try the cars now!
Talk about poor Workmen blaming their Tools Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol

I understand that "Schumi" is doing more than leaning on Pit walls & undertaking intensive training.
Hah back on topic.

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:07 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Best left alone that one Tim!
We now have 2 Ldies watching Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
My Nose marks are probably still on/in those Toy Shop Windows Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_cry
I got my first set only a few years ago in a mad moment of lost youth; the Cars are phenomi?? err great.
Try the cars now!
Talk about poor Workmen blaming their Tools Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol

I understand that "Schumi" is doing more than leaning on Pit walls & undertaking intensive training.
Hah back on topic.

What a memory you have John, yes it was Mamod, if I think of something else I can't remember from my childhood then I'll ask you...now what about the Apollo luna landings - on second thoughts lets not go there, we'll be known as those 'old sad cases' on the forum. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_redface
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:41 pm

TimS wrote: on second thoughts lets not go there, we'll be known as those 'old sad cases' on the forum. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_redface
Is that a request for a title Tim? Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:17 pm

TimS wrote:
GrumpyBodger wrote:Best left alone that one Tim!
We now have 2 Ladies watching Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
Try the cars now!

Hah back on topic.

What a memory you have John, yes it was Mamod, if I think of something else I can't remember from my childhood then I'll ask you...now what about the Apollo luna landings - on second thoughts lets not go there, we'll be known as those 'old sad cases' on the forum. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_redface

Oh yes I ws on an 18 -30 club Holiday in Palma Nova, Majorca at the time; I left one of the prettiest Girls I have known to watch that event (in Black & white) on the TV in the Hotel bar.
No we don't want to go there Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_cry
Yes the long term memory's still intact but for goodness sake don't ask me why I've just gone uptsairs.
Who'd you say you were?

Last edited by GrumpyBodger on Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:33 am

TimS wrote:[You'll have me going on about my Chopper next...the Raleigh bike I mean, -oh maybe not then. Cheers, Tim. Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_smile

You might be intersted in this then.....

http://www.classic-auctions.com/auctionlistings.php?saleid=103D

Happy bidding!. Bet you wish you had kept them now. I'm going to this sale so would you like me to bid for you???????? Formula1 chat - Page 3 Icon_lol
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next