Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap

+2
Trigger
A7ESK
6 posters

Go down

Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap Empty Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap

Post  A7ESK Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:59 pm

A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 pm

Wow ... good find Eddie! Must say although I have only made it to Donny a few times this new design is certainly something to look forward to and if they pull it off then it certainly looks like it will be worthy to represent the UK with a very English looking circuit. The Formula 1 Circuit at Sao Paulo, Brazil has been one of my favourites for many years because of its inclines and corners and I think Donnington will provide F1 with something similar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSVzpS03Ees&feature=related
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap Empty Re: Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Donington has been my favourite spectator circuit for a long time. I wonder how all of those new buildings & Grandstands etc. will effect the view of the circuit.
At the moment if you place yourself near or on the only existing "Grandstand" you can see a large majority of the circuit.
I doesn't look like that will be possible in future Neutral

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap Empty Re: Formula1 2010:Donington - Simulated Onboard Lap

Post  tashuka Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:40 pm

wow that looks amazing!
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dpr59 Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:27 pm

dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:31 am

This is not a surprise to me as I am intending to rent the circuit for a weekend in September for a major promoted race meeting and I am therefore pretty much "in the loop". However I probably know more than makes the headlines or than Bernie is prepared to 'come clean' on. The dispute is brought abour by another wrangle that is NOT being reported. Tom Wheatcroft is a great bloke and a cunning old B (read his book "Thunder in the Park" to find out more). I heard an intersersting quote from him very recently that basically sums up the mistrust that can be built up between two businessmen on a determined course.

On a slightly different tack, I was assured in writing on Tuesday of this week that the FIA, MSA and the contractors, Tilke, were now all working in unison to solve the track licence problem. This is a different issue to BGP but I'd bet my house that there will be racing at Donington in 2010 even if it does not host the BGP.

All IMHO of course.
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:40 am

Hey Mike,

you didn't leave too much space between the lines for me to be able to read Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Never mind, surprises are nice.

Cheers
John

PS Was on the phone to an old friend not long ago; Julian Bronson, said he also knew you from VSCC
A "Carrot cruncher" like myself is our Julian Laughing Laughing
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:24 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:Julian Bronson, said he also knew you from VSCC

Yes, we know each other well particularly after recceing about 1000miles of routes across the Pyrenees together. We had a Vaxhall Vectra hire car and took it back with no brakes! Laughing No doubt he had a moan about the VSCC racing sets this year!. Wink

I'm not sure what a "carrot cruncher" is (how naive am I? Sad ) but if it means that you are both donkeys I don't think you should belittle yourself in that way. Perhaps it means you are both bunny rabbits, although, knowing Julian, that can't be right! jocolor
the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:16 am

the83man wrote:
GrumpyBodger wrote:Julian Bronson, said he also knew you from VSCC

Yes, we know each other well particularly after recceing about 1000miles of routes across the Pyrenees together. We had a Vaxhall Vectra hire car and took it back with no brakes! Laughing No doubt he had a moan about the VSCC racing sets this year!. Wink

I'm not sure what a "carrot cruncher" is (how naive am I? Sad ) but if it means that you are both donkeys I don't think you should belittle yourself in that way. Perhaps it means you are both bunny rabbits, although, knowing Julian, that can't be right! jocolor

My deepest respect Sir; 1000 miles with Julian unless of course you where driving, in which case I'll retract that Laughing Laughing Laughing
No moans from him though; I've seen him being extremely positive whilst looking over 2 broken cars after just practice & a whole weekend of racing dissapearing into the Ether.
I'd have been devastated.

"Carrot Cruncher" a term I learned from a lovely Dartford girl many many years ago; a more endearing term for "Country Yokels"
An' I tell thee wot mee luvver, them wot lives down the "Smoke" d' think you'm a right idyut when thees opens thy gob oh aarr.
Thees got the 'ang of it now? clown Very Happy Very Happy
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:58 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote: My deepest respect Sir; 1000 miles with Julian unless of course you where driving, in which case I'll retract that Laughing Laughing Laughing

We shared the driving and during this trip I learnt a valuable lesson from an expert - always aim to be one gear higher than the other bloke - you'll be faster and put less strain on the motor. It's surprising how hard you can push a modern road car over those mountains. We did 8 - 10 hours in the car each day over 4 days and coverd (wrote tulips for) a ten day (pleasure) route in that time! If only I'd remembered that tip at Anglesey last weekend I might still have an alternator that works!
the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:02 pm

We shared the driving and during this trip I learnt a valuable lesson from an expert - always aim to be one gear higher than the other bloke - you'll be faster and put less strain on the motor.

If only I'd remembered that tip at Anglesey last weekend I might still have an alternator that works![/quote]

Ah but friend Julian races big sloggers with loads of grunt low down; he can afford to push a longer gear.
Isn't there a bigger pulley available to reduce alternator revs.
Cosworth used to do one for competition use on "Twinks" & 105E-116E engines for example.

Give the ol' bugger my best wishes when you see him (He knows me as Derek by the way)
Oh dear another of life's little secrets exposed Embarassed
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down