Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi from Bournemouth

3 posters

Go down

Hi from Bournemouth Empty Hi from Bournemouth

Post  vadas1 Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Guys! My name is Ralph and I've decided to take the plunge and get a Lotus in the very near future. The money is in my bank account and I'm actively looking. If anyone out there has an Elise 111S or similiar in the region of £13k please let me know. I don't want to travel for hours but would if something really interesting popped up. I've got the cash and am ready to deal this weekend. My current cars are an E34 M5 3.8 and an ex Honda Revolutions CRX track car.

Cheers Hi from Bournemouth Icon_basketball

Ralph

vadas1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Hi from Bournemouth Empty Re: Hi from Bournemouth

Post  TimS Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi Ralph,
Welcome to the LDC forum...your in good company! Good luck with the Elise search. If you haven't already then go to PistonHeads.com you'll see loads there for sale, worth trawling around as there are lots for sale. Also worth looking at the dealers we list on our website - especially Allon White & Paul Matty's etc.
If you go after anything not from a dealer then pay the £19 for an HPI check before you go, I nearly got caught by a doggy dealer and the HPI check saved me the trip.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi Ralph,

Tim right on the places to look are you looking for a S1 or S2 111s.

What colour are you looking at ???.

But you could go for

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1508574.htm

or the 135

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1489058.htm

Eddie King. Basketball
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  vadas1 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 am

Hi Tim Hi Eddie

Thanks for your replies. I'm easy about the colours except for yellow, orange or turquoise. Black is pretty cool. The red one on Pistonheads looks good and I might well give him a bell. Pistonheads is very helpful and I'll keep looking. Allan White doesn't have any cars that I'm interested in at the moment ... the usual story, by the time I see one worth chasing it's been sold. I had no idea Lotus' were so popular, that's the 4th one I've been interested in that has gone before I could get down and have a look. Thanks for the friendly welcome and I'll keep looking!

Cheers Hi from Bournemouth Icon_basketball

Ralph

vadas1

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:28 am

I would wait until the Club Lotus Show and Festival

The 2010 Club Lotus Show and massive parts fair takes place at the Three Counties Showground, Malvern, Worcestershire, WR13 6NW on Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th April, 9:30am - 4:00pm

There always cars for sale there and a great place to see cars close up .

Plus were on hand to help .

Eddie. cheers
A7ESK
A7ESK

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  vadas1 Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 am

I've seen a couple of 111s in the Bristol area. One is blue 2002 with 34k going for 13,250 the other, a type 72 with 54k for 13995. Is the type 72 worth the extra?

Hi from Bournemouth Icon_basketball

ralph (vadas1)

vadas1

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:53 pm

Ralph, they both sound about right. The limited editions Type 72 etc usually fetch a premium, but its a matter of taste, the market is smaller for the black & gold - 72 but the red/white - Gold Leaf hold higher prices and are usually snapped up. Obviously condition, mileage, history are the main factors. Don't jump at the first one you see, try as many as possible to compare them.
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down