Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car

3 posters

Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Lotus F1 Website and T127 car

Post  Trigger Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:39 pm

Last edited by Trigger on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty LDC Exclusive from Lotus F1

Post  TimS Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:36 pm

As you must be aware by now, today is the official launch of the new Lotus F1 car. Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Icon_biggrin

The LDC are very honoured to have our Chairman - Mike Stripe at the launch this afternoon in London.

He reports the following detail:

The new team is now officially called Lotus Racing.
The green with brilliant yellow livery is confirmed and looks truly stunning.
Various new sponsors adorn the car from many different companies.
The car number will be 18 and presumably 19 on the second car.
Tony Fernandes confirmed that the Chapman family are all fully behind the new team.
And good news.... Mike Gascoyne confirms the car has been given the next Lotus type number...127 !

The new website will be www.lotusracing.my

I'm sure Mike will report more detail when he returns from London...watch this space.

Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Photos of the T127

Post  Trigger Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:16 am

I have uploaded some of the photos if you haven't yet seen them:
Photos of the Lotus T127

I'm waiting for them to release their merchandise now Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Re: Lotus F1 Website and T127 car

Post  Trigger Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:18 pm

Yes, I was fortunate enough to get an invite to the launch party. It was the usual glitzy affair but so important for so many Lotus fans who all now have a clear focus for the 2010 F1 season.

There were several significant revelations as far as I was concerned:

1. The colour scheme - absolutely spot on for the historic moment in motor sport. Maybe it will have to change in due course but this was a PR masterstroke.

2. I was lucky enough to speak to all sorts of people but I mostly treasure a long four-way discussion between Hazel Chapman, Mike Gascoyne, Malcolm Ricketts and myself. Having spoken briefly to Clive Chapman beforehand it was absolutely clear that Hazel and Clive were fully behind the project and that Mike Gascoyne is well aware of the importance of their support. The family connections and the magnitude of the Lotus history is not lost on Mike and it was totally heartwarming for a 'died in the wool' Lotus nut to have this fact confirmed because, somehow it seemed to be so important. There is no doubt in my mind that the project transcends the commercial realities of being a F1 team and is driven just as much by true passion. Mike has promised Hazel a finish in the first race! (brave man!).

3. The fact that the car has been given the next type number in the Lotus sequence. This has all but closed the DNA link. No, it's not Team Lotus but it is Lotus Racing and this Lotus has a Lotus type number. I think that proves that the whole Lotus Group is now behind the project. It's certainly a long way from their initial press release when the idea was first mooted. It also means that the history books of the future will have a continuous set of type numbers to that will cover the cars used by Lotus Racing as well as Team Lotus. It may well also answer te question of whether results from this team will be added to the Team Lotus records but I think the jury is still out on that one.

I regret not having a camera with me but I was in London for other reasons really but by now you will all have seen the photos, videos and the like. I like the new logo which, again, homes in on true Lotus DNA.

Testing next week will be very edgy I'm sure. Currently there is only the one car so they will not risk it too much I suspect so don't expect earth shattering times from Jerez. More important is to get some decent miles on the car to discover any weak points. If it's really quick 'out of the box' that will be a bonus.

I can't wait......
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:27 pm

Just found this as well......

the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:29 pm

....and this.....

the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Latest Press Release

Post  the83man Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:27 pm

Hingham, 16th February 2010

LOTUS RACING CONFIRMS DEPUTY TEAM PRINCIPAL APPOINTMENTS

Following the unveiling of the Lotus Cosworth T127 on Friday night, Lotus Racing has this morning announced a strengthening of its senior management team. Team Principal Tony Fernandes has confirmed today that two of the team’s shareholders, S M Nasarudin and Dato’ Kamarudin Meranun, will be joining Tony as Deputy Team Principals. These appointments give Lotus Racing’s leadership team a strong base from which to lead the company and assist each other through the challenges that lie ahead in driving the team from its current status as a newcomer to the grid to fight for victory on and off track.

Commenting on the appointments, S M Nasarudin said today ““We made this dream possible, turning it from a simple Malaysian dream to reality. This was all made possible through passion, hard work and team spirit. As with all the challenges that we have had to face to get to where we are now, we embraced these challenges as a team and now are even more determined to finish what we have started. We are realistic of our goals and by no means will it be easy from this point onwards, but the belief is there. We will consistently bring with us a professional and confident set up to each of the races for this season. As team owners, and in our Deputy Principal’s roles, it further reflects our continued belief and commitment to this team.”

Dato’ Kamarudin Meranun added his thoughts, saying “One may have the money, but not necessarily the opportunity to invest in an exciting and challenging venture, especially with a team of dedicated and highly committed people – to sum it up, this is unity in diversity at its best, under a legendary name, Lotus Racing. We still have a long road ahead and who knows what the future holds, but we are underway and we just have do the best we can. We have delivered a great product in such a short time period, in one of the most competitive motors-sports platform in the world, and I strongly believe we have the drive, determination and most importantly the passion to see it through - God willing."

Dato’ Seri Tony Fernandes welcomed the appointments, commenting “Our goals and objectives are clear but, as mentioned earlier, there is still a huge task at hand. We have 19 races to go through and, with the three of us assisting each other in our roles, we believe that the management has all the necessary resources to bring the team to the forefront.”

Lotus Racing hit the track in anger for the first time this week, joining the FIA test in Jerez, before moving on to Barcelona next week. For more information on the team keep an eye on Our Website
-- Ends --
the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Jerez test schedule

Post  the83man Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:45 pm

This week will see Jerez hosting two batches of pre-season test sessions with the Andalusian track open for four days from Wednesday.

As far as we know the Lotus schedule is:

Wednesday: Fairuz FAUZY
Thursday: Heikki KOVALAINEN
Friday: Heikki KOVALAINEN
Saturday: Jarno TRULLI

......however, as the F1 fraternity welcomes Lotus, flood warnings look likely to throw a huge spanner into the works.
the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:23 am

Tick tock .... click here
(a nice countdown to look forward to the first race in Bahrain)
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty 1/43 Scale model of the Show car available soon

Post  the83man Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Last edited by the83man on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add title)
the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Lotus F1 Website and T127 car Empty Latest Press Reease - First Day of Testing

Post  the83man Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Wednesday 17th February 2010

LOTUS RACING DAY ONE JEREZ TEST

Lotus Racing has enjoyed a successful first day of testing at Jerez with driver Fairuz Fauzy completing 76 laps without problems, and completing the 300 kms needed to gain his Super Licence, subject to FIA approval.

The team was among the first cars on track in wet conditions, and, despite a lack of power steering, due to supplier issues, Fairuz successfully fulfilled all his and the team’s objectives for the day.

Mike Gascoyne, Chief Technical Officer, said “It’s been an excellent day for the whole team. Firstly I want to say a big thank you to Fairuz who did an excellent job today with the first proper day of running. With so much going on, such as doing systems checks, it can be a pretty disjointed day for the driver. When you add into that the changeable conditions, and also the fact we were running without power steering today, it could have been a tricky day for Fairuz but he didn’t put a foot wrong so well done to him and a big thank you.

“With the car we had no major reliability issues – a few niggles with overheating which were quickly solved and then the car ran pretty faultlessly. The power steering issue will be fixed for tomorrow so all in all a very successful first day and a busy evening ahead preparing the car for tomorrow.”

Fairuz Fauzy was also delighted with his first day behind the wheel of the Lotus Cosworth T127, saying “First of all I want to thank the team. To arrive here and complete 76 laps is fantastic. It was a big challenge, both to complete the 300kms I need for the Super Licence, and with no power steering it was difficult to drive in the dry, not so bad in the wet, so I was driving a bit conservatively but I am just very pleased.”

Finland’s Heikki Kovalainen takes over driving duties for the next two days (Thursday and Friday) before Jarno Trulli joins the action on Saturday.

-- Ends --
the83man
the83man

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down