Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station

4 posters

Go down

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Empty Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station

Post  A7ESK Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Looks good for the price.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week05Sunday10.htm

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station

£29. 99 each *

Boosts a ‘flat’ battery into life wherever you are; the air compressor function can inflate your tyres too.

• LED charging status indicators
  • Includes: 4 x 15A fuses, 2 x 12V 3W working lights, 2 x 12V 5W emergency lights
  • Air hose with different valves
  • USB connection

Eddie King.
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:22 pm

I was going to get one of these as all I have is a normal battery re-conditioner / charger. The charger works well of course but not in situations where I have forgotten to check the car the night before. 3 weeks seems to be the max in the cold winter that my battery stays charged for, beyond that it needs some more juice.

Thanks for the link ...

oh and look at the price of bloo fusions liquid rim ... 99p Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_lol
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Empty Re: Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station

Post  TimS Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:59 pm

I thought the 'liquid rim' was for cleaning wheel rims Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_exclaim Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_redface ...maybe not Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_lol the charger looks good though, but I keep mine connected up to an Aiflow charger /conditioner when not used for a week or more. These definately extend the life of the battery. They charge up - run down - charge up etc simulating the normal use of a battery. Modern batteries don't last long once they have been run right down flat, next time you need them on a cold morning/night they will let you down.
Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:11 pm

TimS wrote:I thought the 'liquid rim' was for cleaning wheel rims Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_exclaim Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_redface ...maybe not Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_lol the charger looks good though, but I keep mine connected up to an Aiflow charger /conditioner when not used for a week or more. These definately extend the life of the battery. They charge up - run down - charge up etc simulating the normal use of a battery. Modern batteries don't last long once they have been run right down flat, next time you need them on a cold morning/night they will let you down.
Cheers, Tim.
Thanks Tim I was meant to ask you what you use. I have an advantage with the S2 as it has a positive battery feed from the hood compartment to the bonnet so I don't have to mess around with the hood ... only found this out after nearly 2 years though.
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Empty Re: Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station

Post  TimS Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:56 am

Trigger wrote:
TimS wrote:I thought the 'liquid rim' was for cleaning wheel rims Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_exclaim Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_redface ...maybe not Jump Start with Air Compressor/Power Station Icon_lol the charger looks good though, but I keep mine connected up to an Aiflow charger /conditioner when not used for a week or more. These definately extend the life of the battery. They charge up - run down - charge up etc simulating the normal use of a battery. Modern batteries don't last long once they have been run right down flat, next time you need them on a cold morning/night they will let you down.
Cheers, Tim.
Thanks Tim I was meant to ask you what you use. I have an advantage with the S2 as it has a positive battery feed from the hood compartment to the bonnet so I don't have to mess around with the hood ... only found this out after nearly 2 years though.

I have a plug and socket which I have wired in so its easy to connect & disconnect without having to lift the carpet or battery cover, it just sits in the well where the hood goes.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  eclat22 Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 pm

I have got one of those aldi jump packs, have modified it so that it plugs straight into the anderson plug on the race car, hany bit of kit andat that price its a steal, that reminds me I ought to plug it in to give it a top up.
Regards Dan
eclat22
eclat22
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down