Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Normally a Celica fan

3 posters

Go down

Normally a Celica fan Empty Normally a Celica fan

Post  inishindie Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:36 am

Hi
I have been a bit of a fan of Celica's since the late 70's but fancied getting something a bit special and thought of Lotus. My brother had a 2+2 Elan bought new back in about 69 and used to pick me up from school in it...best ever feeling....

inishindie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-29

http://www.gardening.ie

Back to top Go down

Normally a Celica fan Empty Re: Normally a Celica fan

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Amongst the Elan crowd the +2 is very highly rated & considered to be undervalued on today's Market place.
Well worth getting hold of one & hanging on to it.
A top handling & comfortable Sports car, even by today's standards.

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:26 pm

It's definately worth getting one of the books about the Elan +2. I suggest the Paul Robinshaw & Christopher Ross book 'Authentic Lotus Elan & Plus 2' this will give you a good start, but there are many different books and reference guides available. Also have a look at PistonHeads classifieds under 'Lotus Classics' and you can see what they go for and start to build up an idea of what's around.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content