Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Virgin vs Lotus

3 posters

Go down

Virgin vs Lotus Empty Virgin vs Lotus

Post  Trigger Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:16 pm

Virgin Racing have revealed their 2010 drive line-up: ex-Toyota driver Timo Glock and GP2 racer Brazilian Lucas di Grassi.

But a more interesting duel is revealing itself, between Virgin Racing boss Richard Branson and the Lotus F1 team. The latter’s boss, AirAsia owner Tony Fernades, said the other week that his first objective in F1 is to beat Branson’s outfit. “Otherwise I will retire and kill myself,” he added.

Branson has responded, saying that he likes Fernades a lot and hopes the Malaysian won’t have to kill himself. Branson then suggested a slightly less drastic challenge.

“He has an airline, we have an airline, and if we beat him he can come and work on our airline as a Virgin stewardess,” he told Reuters.

“I suspect that he might ask us to reciprocate. I’ll have to check how fetching his stewardess outfits are, but I’d be game to do it while totally confident of winning.”

So if nothing else, Virgin and Lotus are at least in with a good chance of winning something in 2010, that being the humiliation of a rival team boss. Will Force India team principal Vijay Mallya join in with his Kingfisher airlines? Tony Fernades has accepted Branson’s challenge, which has added an interesting little twist to the 2010 season!
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Virgin vs Lotus Empty Re: Virgin vs Lotus

Post  CAM Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:08 am

Just love these new uniforms much better than the old racing overalls and if they are aerospace approved they must be fireproof!!
Simples
Blue CAM
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:34 pm

Am I bovvered!
Even If Fly me to the Moon Branston bet his Airplanes & lost he'd still have his nice big Train Set to play with Virgin vs Lotus Icon_smile
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down