Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hello from corsica

4 posters

Go down

hello from corsica Empty hello from corsica

Post  orsatelli Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:51 pm

i am corsican ,53 years old , and looking to buy an M100 .I don't know which one is the best for couple of years ...the SE or the S2?
have a nice day driving yours lotus.

orsatelli

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-10-09

Back to top Go down

hello from corsica Empty Re: hello from corsica

Post  A7ESK Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:45 am

Welcome to the LDC forum are leave that question for the Elan owners to answer .

Eddie King. alien
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:55 pm

CJ will soon reply when he sees this I'm sure.
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

hello from corsica Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:12 pm

orsatelli wrote:i am corsican ,53 years old , and looking to buy an M100 .I don't know which one is the best for couple of years ...the SE or the S2?
have a nice day driving yours lotus.
Hello and welcome. I have owned my M100 for coming up to 2 years now and have an S2. I have never owned an SE but there are about 100-150 differences between the models I believe. Some changes were made to the interior and exterior styling, I believe that the S2 looks that bit more modern and special but it is about 5bhp down on the SE as they had to conform with newer regulations, hence fitted an additional catalytic converter after the main pre cat. Personally I think its all down to what you are after, the S2's are limited editions and a bit more refined whereas the SE is simpler, slightly quicker and cheaper! Is there anything special you would like to know??
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

hello from corsica Empty m 100 second hand

Post  orsatelli Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:43 am

merci merci for your answers , i was thinking

1ST about the catalyst exhaust of the s2, it would coast less if you have no , for the futur
2D about the fuel tanck is there any probleme on the s2 ,
3 COROSION the s2 is best or not ?
4 handling and breaks are same ?

have a nice driving day

orsatelli

Back to top Go down

hello from corsica Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:49 am

orsatelli wrote:merci merci for your answers , i was thinking

1ST about the catalyst exhaust of the s2, it would coast less if you have no , for the futur
2D about the fuel tanck is there any probleme on the s2 ,
3 COROSION the s2 is best or not ?
4 handling and breaks are same ?

have a nice driving day
Regarding the exhaust, there are several companies which produce a larger bore system (2.25" & 2.50") which can be used without a cat or by using a sports cat (if you desire). I know of several people with an S2 who have removed the cat and has had it pass MOTs without a problem. I have certainly not heard of any issues with the fuel tank on the S2 or SE but the S2 did come with galvanised wishbones, whereas the SE did not and would be advised to get done at some point. As for the suspension, I think there were very few upgrades done and the brakes are standard on both, although upgrades are becoming more and more available.
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

hello from corsica Empty m100 second hand

Post  orsatelli Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:18 am

The cat is very important for french MOTS , and it is not mandatory for the car before 1993, so the SE loock much nicer for that .., i am going to investigate in germany for a second hand , i am not confident with the italian one and the french one are realy more expensive ( in france a good one start around 13 0 00 Euro for a SE with 80 000 km ) , sorry i can baught in england (is very very difficult , long and expensive to get the french registration with the right drive side).
i heard that the engine is very strong so for you 40000 KM or 80000 KM make a big difference ?

orsatelli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum