Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People with more than one car, insurance solution.

4 posters

Go down

People with more than one car, insurance solution. Empty People with more than one car, insurance solution.

Post  Atthelimit Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:52 pm

Hi all,

It's a while since I wrote anything on insurance so here goes.

Home Fleet Insurance. Question

These policies are designed for people who own more than one vehicle, the more you have the better the premiums get, but, even on two vehicles this can work out to be cheaper than insuring two seperately. Very Happy

The vehicles can be a mix of "ordinary cars" , classic cars, motorcycles, vans used for business etc. (for this purpose an Elise would be considered an ordinary car, how dare they!)
The vehicles can be owned by insured or spouse and the bonus on each vehicle is taken into account from each vehicle and then a fleet discount is applied. But if you have a bump in one car it WILL NOT effect the bonus on the others.

The good news is that you don't have to do it all at the same time and cancel existing policies etc. Very Happy

It works like this, you provide all the details up front, vehicles, drivers, bonus, use, etc and a quote for the whole year is calculated and a premium breakdown for each vehicle is given. It is most likely that only one vehicle is due for renewal when you get the quote so that vehicle is insured now. Then, as and when the other vehicles fall due for renewal they are added to the master policy keeping the common renewal date. You then pay the pro-rata additional premium up until the renewal date.

So, if you are fortunate enough to own a number of vehicles this could be a solution, it reduces administration with only one renewal date to remember and deal with and it will most likely save you money. The rule of thumb for this is that there should be more cars than drivers or at least the same number and inurers will not look kindly on husband and wife with lots of young drivers on the same policy.
scratch

As with all insurance you must make sure that the policy provides what you need and require but it worth a look. This is not widely available yet but the market is ever expanding, of course if you cannot find a broker who can quote you for this I know a man who can!

I hope this might be of interest to some of you out there and if you do need any help or more information please fell free to e-mail me or call me at work.

Kim

kim.eaton@abbotinsurance.co.uk
Tel 01162 333559

Last edited by Atthelimit on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

People with more than one car, insurance solution. Empty Re: People with more than one car, insurance solution.

Post  TimS Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks Kim, I'll be in touch about our cars.

Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

People with more than one car, insurance solution. Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:19 pm

Think I will be too for next year Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

People with more than one car, insurance solution. Empty Insurance

Post  CAM Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:15 am

To all LDC members!

I can recommend Abbot Insurance and especially Kim Eaton (long standing LDC member). I am lucky enough to own 2 loti as well as every day cars so I decided to contact Kim to see if we can get a deal. I saved a significant sum on both Loti and he was only slightly dearer on the every day one.
Clearly, I haven't had need to claim so I can't comment on that side of it, but certainly all the up front stuff went smoothly.
Those members with older cars have an even greater challenge as the cars " Book Value" reduces the repair costs often increase. Make sure you have the policy written properly to reflect this. (See Mike's Musings Spring 2008 Chicane).

If your car insurance is up for renewal don't call 118 118, call Kim.

Chris Mayhew
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

People with more than one car, insurance solution. Empty Re: People with more than one car, insurance solution.

Post  TimS Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:41 pm

CAM wrote:To all LDC members!

I can recommend Abbot Insurance and especially Kim Eaton (long standing LDC member). I am lucky enough to own 2 loti as well as every day cars so I decided to contact Kim to see if we can get a deal. I saved a significant sum on both Loti and he was only slightly dearer on the every day one.
Clearly, I haven't had need to claim so I can't comment on that side of it, but certainly all the up front stuff went smoothly.
Those members with older cars have an even greater challenge as the cars " Book Value" reduces the repair costs often increase. Make sure you have the policy written properly to reflect this. (See Mike's Musings Spring 2008 Chicane).

If your car insurance is up for renewal don't call 118 118, call Kim.

Chris Mayhew

I too totally endorse what Chris says about Kim at Abbot Insurance. I've just renewed mine with them and got a substantial saving over my present renewal. I'm very pleased not only with the cost saving but its certainly good to insure with someone like Kim who has been in the LDC for more years than we care to remember, and has a wealth of experience with all things Lotus and certainly knows his stuff.
If your's is up for renewal soon then don't delay ...get a quote from Kim at Abbot - you maybe pleasantly surprised.
Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down