Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall

+2
A7ESK
MikeM
6 posters

Go down

Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall Empty Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall

Post  MikeM Sat May 02, 2009 12:44 am

Hello! Just thought I would put one of these introduction thingy posts up.

Not quite sure what to say.. But I'm 23, a welder/fabricator by trade but love playing with cars. I recently bought a silver Lotus Elise 135 Sport named 'Elsie' from my Dad. Dad bought her new in 1999 and I have been waiting for the day and counting pennies to lovingly adopt her as he's more interested in bikes anyway (well that's what I tell him), hence only 23000mls in the clock in 10 years! And I think I put most of them on anyway..

Apart from the odd 'bits and bobs' like uprated suspension, oil cooler, magnex manifold and system, she's mostly standard but has been left idle for a couple years. She's home in my garage now, I just MOT'd her and currently in the process of treating her to an engine flush and Mobil 1, rad flush, all new filters, a Hurricane induction kit (would be rude not to), plugs and leads, and lots of other service parts before heading out on the road again, and track!

As time and money allows I'll be restoring her as she's collected the odd scrape in storage and usual wear and tear but nothing major. (inc. passenger window and the winder mechanism from hell and stuck windsceen/floor blower vent)

Sorry for the ramble, but I hope to see you soon at your meets, events, and track days! Are there many members and events in the Southwest? I'll hopefuly meet you in Fraddon soon.

Congratulations on the great website, and the pics look great!

Cheers all.
Mike.

MikeM
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall Empty Re: Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall

Post  A7ESK Sat May 02, 2009 9:59 am

Welcome Mike to the LDC Forum.

Good history on your car .

Eddie King . Very Happy
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall Empty Re: Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall

Post  dpr59 Sat May 02, 2009 10:15 am

Hello.

Long time since I've been to Cornwall, however I do remember some nice coastal roads for the Elise.
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Mon May 04, 2009 10:57 pm

Hello Mike, Smile

I have a number of relatives down there in Cornwall so often popping down to see them but generally in the boring every -day car as I always seem to need to carry too much.
Anyway, the LDC does have a regional meet as you say at Fraddon, so make sure you try and meet them on 1st sunday of the month at 6.30pm. Nick Mathews is the contact, please let us know if you get to meet up and let us know what they are up to.
Cheers, Tim. Smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue May 05, 2009 12:02 pm

Hi Mike,

here's a welcome & a word of warning.
Be careful where you point that welding torch:
"Mr Kimberley's cars burn extremely well" affraid

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Hello All! From, Mike and my Elise, in Cornwall Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue May 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Hello and a warm welcome Mike. I go down to Cornwall every year for a couple of weeks of surfing (although it's not too useful getting the board to C'wall with the softop) and would be interested in meeting up this summer at Fraddon or elsewhere? Nice to hear you have got your hands on the Elise and enjoying it to the full. Thanks for the comments on the new website Wink
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:43 pm

Mike, just out of interest do you know or attend any local meetings in your area? We have lost contact with the person who used to organise the Club meetings in Cornwall and Devon and I'm trying to find out what interest / members we have down your way, especially since Cornwall has such lovely scenery Cool
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  MikeM Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:31 pm

Hello. I can't say I have attended any of the meetings as about a week before heading to my first meet, I had an unfortunate incident with the car.. to put it politely.. Sad

That was a couple months ago now and I'm still putting the car together again after my little *cough* mishap and using it as an excuse to give the car an overhall.

I have taken some pictures and will be posting them with some well thought out excuses (including banana skins, oil slicks, and inconsiderate badgers) shortly for all your amusement! Wink

MikeM

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:37 pm

MikeM wrote:Hello. I can't say I have attended any of the meetings as about a week before heading to my first meet, I had an unfortunate incident with the car.. to put it politely.. Sad

That was a couple months ago now and I'm still putting the car together again after my little *cough* mishap and using it as an excuse to give the car an overhaul.

I have taken some pictures and will be posting them with some well thought out excuses (including banana skins, oil slicks, and inconsiderate badgers) shortly for all your amusement! Wink

Hi, and sorry to hear about your mishap ... we've all had at least one, luckily mine wasn't in the Lotus. Glad to hear you are on the road to regenerating the Elise though, and I look forward to some photos. As for the Cornwall/Devon area meeting, the Club is in the process of sorting/arranging the area meetings available and I defiantly think that there should be one down your way, gives me a good excuse to come down lol. Would be nice to see you at some of the National events we hold as well.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down