Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue

3 posters

Go down

Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue Empty Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue

Post  EAN Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:38 pm

I have a 1969 Elan +2 which is running now as negative earth with Lumention.
The revcounter which has worked without issue in the past, has now developed a fault where it comes alive after 45 minutes of the engine running. From cold it does not operate at all. I have checked all connections and earthing which tests out ok.
Before I look for a replacement unit does anyone out there have a view or has had a similar malady.

Thank You
EAN

EAN
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue Empty Re: Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:23 pm

It's the Luminition that's causing your rev' counter problems, a replacement Tacho' won't cure the problem but replacement internals that do function properly with luminition will.
There are wiring tricks that can solve the problem.
I'm not up to speed on the solutions but do know that you are not the first to encounter this problem..

Now I'm running scared; my Taxi will be here any minute so just use the info' I sent on the door lock thread.

Oh dear I fear a Forum lockout raising it's ugly head pale
Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:09 pm

It's okay John I view this as an appropriote and justifed link to another site and I think we all need to help point people in the right direction. Remember being a registered user of LDC Online is totally free for members and non members alike so all that I would ask/suggest is that feedback is posted as to the original question if you find a solution.

I would never ban you ... unless you post a bad joke Laughing
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:18 am

Trigger wrote:It's okay John I view this as an appropriote and justifed link to another site and I think we all need to help point people in the right direction. Remember being a registered user of LDC Online is totally free for members and non members alike so all that I would ask/suggest is that feedback is posted as to the original question if you find a solution.

Hi,
I've just taken a bit of unfair battering on the "other side" regarding this question. However I do feel that in this case the responsibility lies not with me but the "problem owner" to provide any follow up.

Have a good 'un
Cheers
John

P.S. got loads of "bad" jokes; wanna hear one Laughing Laughing Laughing
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Elan +2 Rev Counter Issue Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:22 pm

GrumpyBodger wrote:
Trigger wrote:It's okay John I view this as an appropriote and justifed link to another site and I think we all need to help point people in the right direction. Remember being a registered user of LDC Online is totally free for members and non members alike so all that I would ask/suggest is that feedback is posted as to the original question if you find a solution.

However I do feel that in this case the responsibility lies not with me but the "problem owner" to provide any follow up.

Sorry, that is what I meant to imply, that if the problem owner finds a solution that he/she shares it with everyone in response to the original question. Rolling Eyes Doesn't have to ofcourse Laughing
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down