Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to remove software (AVG8)

3 posters

Go down

How to remove software (AVG8) Empty How to remove software (AVG8)

Post  A7ESK Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:35 pm

Hi Chris .

I have Kaspersky Anti-virus 2007 which needs updating to 2009 but when i try to do this it finds AVG 8 on my pc which i have removed .
When i seach for that programme its not their.
Is there any software out their that would help me with this issue so i then can update to version 2009.

Eddie. scratch
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

How to remove software (AVG8) Empty Re: How to remove software (AVG8)

Post  dpr59 Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Could have left traces in the registery.

Do you have a registery cleaner.
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi dpr59.

Yes Reg Cure have run that put still have the same issue.

Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

How to remove software (AVG8) Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:36 pm

A7ESK wrote:Hi Chris .

I have Kaspersky Anti-virus 2007 which needs updating to 2009 but when i try to do this it finds AVG 8 on my pc which i have removed .
When i seach for that programme its not their.
Is there any software out their that would help me with this issue so i then can update to version 2009.

Eddie. scratch

Shouldn't be too easy to solve ... he says Wink

First thing I would do is check that AVG 8 has been correctly un-installed from the machine by going to the add/remove programs or programs and features control panel as it is known these days in Vista. If it is still installed then it will display in the list as AVG ... if it does, right click and select un-install.

Second I would make sure that the system files and folder is no longer present on the drive. If it is it will be present under > My Computer > C: > Program Files > AVG 8???

Spybot is a good free registry cleaner that is available from http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
You may want to remove this once it has run ... but worth a try.

Let me know how you get on.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:41 pm

It is apparent that there could be a know cause for this:

AVG Removal

AVG free comes with an un-installer. Go to Start, All Programs, hover your cursor over AVG and the un-installer will appear. Run this to un-install the software. Do not use the Add/Remove programs. If you are trying to install the new version 7.0 then this is an not necessary. It will install over the old 6.0 version. I also use AVG free edition and think it is the best. Better than any pay version except maybe Panda.

In trying to update from AVG 7.5 to AVG 8.0, I used add/remove and found a whole lot of trouble! It is highly recommended that you use the Programs > AVG > Uninstall method. Also "restart" is important BEFORE trying to install the next version (8.0 as of today May 2008). AVG keeps finding "other" anti virus programs on my system-it is finding the older version of AVG that I tried to remove via the Control Panel method-and won't allow a new install (or a reinstall of the old one!).

This applies to XP and below. IF you have Vista, please check the latest information on AVG's forum (free.grisoft.com). You will need admin rights and to have the latest Window's Updates, etc. Regardless of what you do, before doing anything, write down (!!!) your AVG version (as in 7.5.245) and the db update. These can be found in the lower right corner of the AVG Control Center (click the AVG icon on your task bar to access). I also think crossing one's fingers and looking skyward might help (I believe only a very minor number of people experience problems, but if you're one of them, you'll understand my point).

I would recommend trying to download and re-installing AVG 8, even if it asks you to repair it upon installation. Once it is properly installed again I would then uninstall it using the uninstall option in the program list on the start menu.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  dpr59 Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:00 am

I've an old Dell Latitude with a 440 processor (I drive a 19yr old Lotus what else would you expect).

Run horrid recently until a full format and operating system re-install.

It turned out that AVG was the program killing it.
I've got avast on now and the old girl runs fine.
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:34 am

dpr59 wrote:I've an old Dell Latitude with a 440 processor (I drive a 19yr old Lotus what else would you expect).

Run horrid recently until a full format and operating system re-install.

It turned out that AVG was the program killing it.
I've got avast on now and the old girl runs fine.

I have started to loose faith in AVG nowadays as well and I'm not prepared to pay over the odds for expensive anti virus software ... would rather do a complete format and operating system install every year to keep things clean and free from junk.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks for the help as Chris said soom times is a pain in the ... but found this info on the web now fixed.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/07/11/fix-remove-avg-incompatible-software-error-when-installing-kaspersky-kis-and-kav/

Eddie.

Last edited by A7ESK on Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:50 pm

A7ESK wrote:Thanks for the help as Chris said so times is a pain in the ... but found this info on the web now fixed.
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/07/11/fix-remove-avg-incompatible-software-error-when-installing-kaspersky-kis-and-kav/

Eddie.

Nice one Eddie, as I say if you ever have a technical problem, chances are someone else has had the same problem or is a known issue so it is always my first port of call to check the web for questions and answers.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum