Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500

+2
TimS
Atthelimit
6 posters

Go down

Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Empty Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500

Post  Atthelimit Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:57 pm

I came across this short film on another forum. It's brilliant, well it is for those of a certain age.

I counted 4 different Loti racing cars in the film. One of them is a famous car worth shed loads of money now. How great racing was back then when a Ferrari LM car turns up on a trailer towed by a Ford Transit.

http://meilenzwerg.de/D10/10/index-Dateien/BOAC.htm
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Empty Re: Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500

Post  TimS Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:56 pm

I recon there are quite a few of us "of a certain age" who just love these films -(John, Mike etc) well done for finding it - what were you looking for on Google - 'girls in sixties gear' Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_exclaim Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_smile
Was that Pat Thomas's snorkel Europa I spotted?
Cheers,
Tim
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Empty Re: Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500

Post  GrumpyBodger Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:55 pm

TimS wrote:I recon there are quite a few of us "of a certain age" who just love these films -(John, Mike etc) well done for finding it - what were you looking for on Google - 'girls in sixties gear' Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_exclaim Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_smile
Was that Pat Thomas's snorkel Europa I spotted?
Cheers,
Tim

Ha gotta larf 'aint ya!
I made a rather similar comment about Mini Skirts & Hot Pants on that "other Forum"
Those were the Days though; 25 GBP entry Fee for a 10 to 15 Lap Club Race.
Free Oil, Spark Plugs & Brake bits from the Manufacturer's Vans in the Paddock.(Well for the price of putting one of their Stickers somewhere on your Car)
At the "big" events you could still walk around the Paddock, kick Tyres & talk to the Drivers.
But it's a better World we're living in today Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_wink

Grumping well today Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_lol
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Brilliant! The Brands GP circuit is my favourite and I'm fortunate that I have the opportunity to do 4 races there this year.
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-12

http://www.top-oils.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  eclat22 Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:40 am

Great bit of film, I love all the old racing, always seems to be far more going on than in F1 nowdays, I feel like I've missed so much when I see the old films, I wasn't born until 2 years after that race! but love hearing stories of what it was like before racing became corporate. That was the Pat Thomas Snorkel car, he has it up for sale at the moment £175000 if you have got some spare cash. It came 9th overall and won its class in that race.
Dan
eclat22
eclat22
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post  DustyM Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:25 am

Excellent video, love that kind of thing Lotus racing in period at the 1967 BOAC 500 Icon_cool
DustyM
DustyM

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-24

http://www.classiccar.ie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down