Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alarm coding

4 posters

Go down

alarm coding Empty alarm coding

Post  pittech Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:53 pm

im working with a series 1 and the battery was changed in the car which has caused the alarm remote not to work with the car and it wont start , how do i code the remote back to the car

pittech

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Back to top Go down

alarm coding Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

pittech wrote:im working with a series 1 and the battery was changed in the car which has caused the alarm remote not to work with the car and it wont start , how do i code the remote back to the car
By the sounds of it by disconnecting and removing the battery and then replacing it, the anti theft system activated. If you arm and disarm it, it might reset. If this does not work using the remote, try locking and unlocking the driver side door with the key? On my Clifford Concept alarm once the battery is connected again, the headlights pop up and back down again and then arms the alarm.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

alarm coding Empty Re: alarm coding

Post  A7ESK Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Try This

Elise Alarm Tips

As you probably know, the Elise comes with the Cobra alarm and immobiliser as an option, some are different models. This week I discovered a bit of a trap and some information worth remembering to get you out of a pickle. I took the battery out of the key ring radio dongle to get the battery number ready for replacement. I was a bit concerned when I put the battery back in to find that the red LED (light) was constantly on when I pressed the large button rather than the usual flicker.

Worried, I went to the car and tried to disarm the car and found it no longer worked. I took the battery out and put it back in again to find the LED now flickered but still did not disarm the car system.

Potentially stuck in work without the battery-less disarming stick (left at home due to a broken key ring hole) I telephoned the manufacturer direct and found this interesting piece of information.
When changing the battery, the key ring dongle can become unsynchronised with the alarm system, I imagine the security codes become corrupt or lost. There is a simple procedure which resyncs the two together. Stand next to the vehicle and simply hold both large and small buttons on the key ring dongle together for around 10 seconds until the LED flickering stops. When it stops, let go. Now press the larger button twice. The two should now be re-syncronised and working again.

It's worth remembering, it could save you a recovery fee.

Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pittech Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:54 pm

thank u sooo much ill try it

pittech

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:07 pm

Let us know if Eddie's solution doesn't work, I might be able to shed some more light on the re-programming for you.
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down