Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Gloucestershire

5 posters

Go down

Hello from Gloucestershire Empty Hello from Gloucestershire

Post  lisafrp Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi,

Just found the forum, even though my partner has been a member of LDC for a few years now. We've only managed to get to one meet which was a couple of years ago (a drive and a BBQ), but that was great fun and we hope to do more in the future.

My partner Toby uses his S1 Exige as his daily drive, and we are mad on Motorsport, hence the reason we don't have time to get to any meets. This year we have been sprinting and circuit racing, so most weekends have been away competing, next year we are planning to add rallying into the mix as well!

Pics of our Exige at Flow Images - http://www.flowimages.com/:

Hello from Gloucestershire Img13910

Hello from Gloucestershire Img13510

Hope to meet up with some of you again soon

Lisa

lisafrp
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-11-04

http://www.fordracingpuma.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from Gloucestershire Empty Re: Hello from Gloucestershire

Post  lisafrp Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:36 pm

This is a pic of the Exige from the Spring Drive Out 2007 (borrowed from the gallery - thanks Smile), next to the Elise Smile

Hello from Gloucestershire 008

lisafrp

Back to top Go down

Hello from Gloucestershire Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Hello and welcome Lisa. Where abouts in Gloucestershire are you from? Myself and Tash are in the Forest of Dean near Chepstow etc. Must say the photos and website look fantastic, Tash, our photographer I'm sure will love to see more and I may even need to ask you for some to go on our new website in a month.

Hopefully you will be able to make it to more meets in the new year, we are planning on some great weekends away in Wales and Scotland, plus the best motorsport events on offer and hopefully some track action.

Regards, CJ
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  lisafrp Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi thanks for the welcome Smile

We're near Stroud, so not too far away from you.

Our friends own Flow Images so we get to take our cars down there for sessions, they would probably do a car club deal if there are a few interested in getting their cars photographed in the studio.

Hopefully we'll have a few weekends free, we're changing to a different race series next year - CSCC Tin Tops, so once that calendar is finalised (along with the sprint/rally one), then we'll be able to pencil some meets in. The wales meet sounds good, I'll keep my eyes peeled for details on that Smile

cheers

lisafrp

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello Lisa,
Welcome!!!. We have many events during the year and I am certain we will have something of interest. Some local and somemore a bit of a drive.
Looking forward to meeting you both and seeing your lovely S1 Exige.
Have you considered the Xmas Dinner & Dance???. See website for details
Best wishes
Chris Mayhew
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:58 am

lisafrp wrote:Hi,

Just found the forum, even though my partner has been a member of LDC for a few years now. We've only managed to get to one meet which was a couple of years ago (a drive and a BBQ), but that was great fun and we hope to do more in the future.

My partner Toby uses his S1 Exige as his daily drive, and we are mad on Motorsport, hence the reason we don't have time to get to any meets. This year we have been sprinting and circuit racing, so most weekends have been away competing, next year we are planning to add rallying into the mix as well!

Pics of our Exige at Flow Images - http://www.flowimages.com/:

Hello from Gloucestershire Img13910

Hello from Gloucestershire Img13510

Hope to meet up with some of you again soon

Lisa

Great Photos could i use these photos to add on the DVD for the classic car show this week end .

Eddie . bounce
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Hello from Gloucestershire Empty Re

Post  Trigger Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 am

Looking forward to another DVD Eddie ... they bring the year together Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Atthelimit Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:21 pm

Hello Lisa & Toby and welcome.

Do tell more about your racing/rallying exploits, I go to watch a fair bit of classic racing and so if I know what to look out for I might see you!

What car is it and do you have a calendar for next year yet!

The Exige photos looks great by the way.

What kind of rallying are you doing and again in what car? I have done some low budget endurance/stage rallying and know it is great fun!

Anyway, all the best for the future.

Kim
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lisafrp Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi All,

thank you for the messages Hello from Gloucestershire Icon_smile

Eddie, you can use the pictures (if it's not too late) as long as you put a copyright to Flow Images on there Hello from Gloucestershire Icon_smile

I'll have to check the calendar for the Dinner Dance, but off the top of my head I think we are busy (we get booked up pretty early!!)

So to start with this is me (up to 2008) and most of my car history, but I'll add a bit more here - http://www.bwrdc.co.uk/driverprofiles/lselby.htm

We use a Ford Puma Turbo for sprinting and have been doing the ASWMC Sprint Championship for together since 2001 and have been fairly successful, the best result 5th (Toby) and 10th (myself) in the 2007 championship Hello from Gloucestershire Icon_smile

Hello from Gloucestershire Combeadjust2008

We have shared 2008/2009 season racing in the 750 motor club Stock Hatch Championship, until August this year when Toby was involved in a large crash at Mallory Park which destroyed our little Fiesta XR2i Hello from Gloucestershire Icon_sad

Hello from Gloucestershire 750_mo10

I'm in the white one #81 - this was taken at Brands Hatch earlier this year. At the moment we are building up a new one, which we have stripped an old 1.1 Fiesta down to the bare bones, and have taken out all the excess weight and have just had it painted. Work has now started to put it back together....

How it stood a couple of weeks ago
Hello from Gloucestershire ADSCF2606

This is my Ford Racing Puma which I bought new back in 2000 - I run the Racing Puma Owners Club with a few friends, and we have the 10th Anniversary of the car next year. I still love it to bits all these years on Hello from Gloucestershire Icon_smile

Hello from Gloucestershire Farpy_Thruxton
Taking it for a session at Thruxton

Me in the Exige going up Prescott Hillclimb on a "Cavalcade" day!
Hello from Gloucestershire Ziggy2

Toby driving up Prescott
Hello from Gloucestershire Ziggy1

Oh and this is my TDCi Focus that I used for a sprint when I managed to blow the gearbox on the puma in the first practise run - he done well, doing the fastest QTR mile in class

Hello from Gloucestershire ADSC_9028

So that's the cars....

We'll be doing the CSCC Tin Tops Championship in 2010 in the XR2i - Provisional Calendar here - http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/documents/2010%20prov%20Calendar.pdf

Rallying I will probably be doing such events as Colerne, Keevil and Abingdon - tarmac stage rallying in the XR2i, depending on Calendar - the circuit racing will come first. Similar sort of events for sprinting, Colerne, Castle Combe, Anglesey are all on the cards but the dates aren't out yet, so will have to confirm them later.

I would have liked to come up to the NEC this weekend, but I'm going to be working on the race car now, so won't be able to Hello from Gloucestershire Icon_neutral . The RPOC have a stand there so pop over and have a look at the cars if you haven't seen one before, and have a great show.

Hope to see some of you soon

Lisa

lisafrp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content