Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Wheatcroft Dies

4 posters

Go down

Tom Wheatcroft Dies Empty Tom Wheatcroft Dies

Post  the83man Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:54 pm

SEE HERE

What a great shame. I got to know Tom quite well over the last ten years or so. What a pity that Bernie the B'stard wouldn't/couldn't arrrange for Tom's dream to come true before he died, i.e. a regular F1 race at Donington.

The whole Donington/Grand Prix thing suddenly doesn't mean very much. Truly sad.
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Tom Wheatcroft Dies Empty Re: Tom Wheatcroft Dies

Post  TimS Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:28 pm

What a shame...one of the 'old school' proper motorsport men. He will be sadly missed, but he leaves behind a list of fantastic achievements - the Donington collection and all the fabulous racing plus so many more wonderful events and happenings that made Donington such a great place to visit. Tom Wheatcroft Dies Icon_cry
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:25 pm

Sad news indeed; I only chatted with him once & it was a pleasure, what an unassuming Gent he was.
Agree with your sentiments Mike; it's time that the B'stard stuck his hands into his own pockets for once.
He can't take it with him can he!!

John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Atthelimit Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:56 pm

Tom was a real enthusiast, I once rented a shop he owned and when the tri yearly review came up and the rent had jumped very substancially I went for a meeting with him. I got him onto the topic of cars and racing etc and spent a great hour in his company. He reduced the rent, (a bit) and it was a real pleasure to hear some of his stories.

A real shame.
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down