Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am

5 posters

Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am

Post  A7ESK Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:39 pm

Car fanatic and Landlord of the Almanac in Kenilworth, Nick Skinner is starting up a Sunday Car Club gathering once a month in the town square. Each month a different car club will be invited to display their cars.

Nick spoke to Chris Mayhew and some members from the Lotus Drivers Club at the Country Fair @ Stoneleigh this weekend.
There will be Roast Meat Rolls being served outside (weather dependant) & I will probably do some free Hot Chocolate etc.
This will be a joint get together with both clubs MLOC and LDC please add your names to the list great to be at the start of a new event for Kenilworth.
Cars limit is 25 cars.

So far 5 cars from Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC).
1. Eddie King

Very Happy

Last edited by A7ESK on Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Re: Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am

Post  CAM Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:34 am

Count me in
2 Chris Mayhew
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Re: Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am

Post  A7ESK Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:47 pm

CAM wrote:Count me in
2 Chris Mayhew

Hi Chris what about Silverstone Lotus bringing won of there cars over free pr.
Eddie. alien
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:48 pm

A7ESK wrote:Car fanatic and Landlord of the Almanac in Kenilworth, Nick Skinner is starting up a Sunday Car Club gathering once a month in the town square. Each month a different car club will be invited to display their cars.

Nick spoke to Chris Mayhew and some members from the Lotus Drivers Club at the Country Fair @ Stoneleigh this weekend.
There will be Roast Meat Rolls being served outside (weather dependant) & I will probably do some free Hot Chocolate etc.
This will be a joint get together with both clubs MLOC and LDC please add your names to the list great to be at the start of a new event for Kenilworth.
Cars limit is 25 cars.

So far 5 cars from Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC).
1. Eddie King
2 .Chris Mayhew.

Very Happy
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:25 pm

A7ESK wrote:Car fanatic and Landlord of the Almanac in Kenilworth, Nick Skinner is starting up a Sunday Car Club gathering once a month in the town square. Each month a different car club will be invited to display their cars.

Cars limit is 25 cars.

So far 8 cars from Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC).
And 2 from LDC.
1. Eddie King

Very Happy
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Glad to hear about this. The Club has such a big presence in the Midlands that I'm surprised something like this hasn't been done before between the two clubs. Sounds like a great idea and well organised, I will see what the weather is like on that weekend and may come along, publicity for Chicane and both clubs.

So far 9 cars from Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC).
3 cars from Lotus Drivers Club (LDC).

1. Eddie King
2 .Chris Mayhew.
3. CJ aka Trigger
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:00 am

Update where we are with cars from both clubs .
3 Cars LDC after the meet tonight that should change.
Mloc have
1 - Mark H
2 - Con McL
3 - HRT ( Harvey )
4 - CHOPPA ( Andrew )
5 - Stockhome ( Sheldon )
6 - Eddie King LDC Midlands Area Meet Co-Ordinator .
7 - Matt C
8 - Martin R
9 - finefettlefilly ( Sandra )
10 - Lummo ( Guy )

Eddie King .

Trigger wrote:Glad to hear about this. The Club has such a big presence in the Midlands that I'm surprised something like this hasn't been done before between the two clubs. Sounds like a great idea and well organised, I will see what the weather is like on that weekend and may come along, publicity for Chicane and both clubs.

So far 9 cars from Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC).
3 cars from Lotus Drivers Club (LDC).

1. Eddie King
2 .Chris Mayhew.
3. CJ aka Trigger
Cool
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:39 am

We have a good selection of members cars for the Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th September 2009.
Cars for show please be their by 10.30 am so we can park you all up on the front of the Almanac parking area for 11.00 am.

http://www.thealmanack-kenilworth.co.uk/NewsEvents.asp?NewsID=322
http://mloc.net/forum/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-152-1250940281_thumb.jpg

Map:
http://www.thealmanack-kenilworth.co.uk/FindAndContactUs.asp

Lotus Drivers Club Cars.
1. Elise 4 off.
2. Esprit 3 off.
4 .Excel 2 off.
5. S1 Exige 1 off.
6. M100 Elan 1 off.
7. Elan Plus 2. 1 off.

Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC) Cars .
9 Cars on list .

Eddie King.

Very Happy
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:02 pm

A7ESK wrote:We have a good selection of members cars for the Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th September 2009.
Cars for show please be their by 10.30 am so we can park you all up on the front of the Almanac parking area for 11.00 am.

http://www.thealmanack-kenilworth.co.uk/NewsEvents.asp?NewsID=322
http://mloc.net/forum/uploads/monthly_08_2009/post-152-1250940281_thumb.jpg

Map:
http://www.thealmanack-kenilworth.co.uk/FindAndContactUs.asp

Lotus Drivers Club Cars.
1. Elise 4 off.
2. Esprit 3 off.
4 .Excel 2 off.
5. S1 Exige 1 off.
6. M100 Elan 1 off.
7. Elan Plus 2. 1 off.

Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC) Cars .
9 Cars on list .

Eddie King.

Very Happy
Is there is anyone I have missed or any who cant make it from this list?

There have also been a few questions regarding times etc so just to clarify a few things.

1. We have advertised the event to begin at 12pm.
2. Arrival from 11am to give us an hour to position everyone. A little early is fine but I wanted to avoid too much car noise early in the morning for the sake of the neighbours. If you can consider arriving anytime between 10.45 & 11.45 then hopefully everyone will not arrive at once.
3. To prevent blocking the road we will be using the top end of Abbey car park as a holding area if alot of you arrive at once. We will then bring you through from there to position in the square.
4. Please avoid unnecessary revving of engines, although i would be the first to ask to hear that beautiful rumble I have to consider the neighbours who are right above the square.
5. All cars will be marshalled on & off the square so if anyone needs to move/leave please let me know & I can arrange someone to walk you out.
6. I will have some sawdust on hand in case of any oil or fluid leaks onto the square.

I think that is about everything. Thank you to everyone who is taking the time to come. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I will!

Thanks

Nick

Eddie King .
Wink
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:52 pm

I won't be able to make this Eddie, been getting Tash moved in at Swansea and I won't be able to get back in time and sort the car out. Really wish I could come along, so hope to see some good photos from the day ...
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th September 2009

Post  A7ESK Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Thank you all for coming i hope you enjoyed the day.
Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am IMG_0170
Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am IMG_0172
Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am IMG_0180
Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am IMG_0178
Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am IMG_0181

Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Kenilworth

Post  finefettlefilly Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks to all concerned for an enjoyable day. Nice to meet you all. The weather was great and hope to see you soon in the not too distant future. FFF. Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_biggrin

finefettlefilly
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Well done Eddie, looked like a fabulous day Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_sunny , well worth the efffort the array of cars looked stunning, lets hope this can be made into a regular gathering.
Cheers, Tim. Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_smile
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Empty Nick_Skinner Landlord of the Almanac in Kenilworth

Post  A7ESK Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi all,

I just wanted to post a big thank you to all who contributed to yesterdays success. It was a great turnout & I could not have asked for a better crowd. It seems that fun was had by all & it was definitely enough to ensure that we get approval for the next one.

I appreciate everyone taking time out of their weekend to come down. I had several very nice comments on the success & organisation of the event so thank you all again for making it happen. A special thank you to Chopper for posting photos & maps etc. Jamie Jones for giving me the contacts & of course Eddie King for being such a great assistance on the day. I most certainly could not have done it without you. Thank you.

I hope to invite you back next year for another visit. In the meantime take care & I look forward to meeting you all again.

Thanks

Nick Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_biggrin Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_cool Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_cool Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Alien Kenilworth Car Sunday 20th Sept 11am Icon_bounce

Thanks Nick .

Just to let you no i had a great conversation with Mike Kimberley's sister who came along as you might not no Mike was the The Chief Executive of Group Lotus.
What a great surprise you never no who you meet at these events.
A7ESK
A7ESK

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down