Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

200 Members

+2
Paul D13
Trigger
6 posters

Go down

200 Members Empty 200 Members

Post  Trigger Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:36 pm

We have reached 100 registered members on the forum as of today. That is more than I expected in the few months we have been online but it is nice to see. Now all we need is some more input to the content ... keep those comments, stories and updates coming bounce

Last edited by Trigger on Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

200 Members Empty Re: 200 Members

Post  Paul D13 Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:33 pm

well done, soon be into the thousands
Paul D13
Paul D13
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:06 pm

lets get 2 200 first before the thousands...
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:10 pm

gotta think big. lol
Paul D13
Paul D13

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:25 pm

big er, not massive.. not just yet
tashuka
tashuka

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:24 am

200 members bounce keep them coming Lotus fans
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:46 pm

200 great work guys, but we had 465 lotus on track at sneterton so must be a few more possible members out there, have you got any mor flyers we can give out Chris?
Paul D13
Paul D13

Back to top Go down

200 Members Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:58 am

Paul D13 wrote:200 great work guys, but we had 465 lotus on track at sneterton so must be a few more possible members out there, have you got any more flyers we can give out Chris?
I will have some for Silverstone yes, as it seemed to give the site a boost last year. Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:14 pm

We have a yellow card that promotes the club and is free to anyone who wants to give them out, there will be a large quantity in the LDC trailer at the Silverstone Classic, so please feel free to give them out to anyone who is interested in the LDC.
Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

200 Members Empty Two hundred and rising.........

Post  the83man Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:48 am

Forums need a certain momentum to be successful. There is a critical mass that we are probably now capable of achieving and surpassing. Most of the credit for that goes to Chris and to Tash and I offer my sincere thanks on behalf of a grateful Club.

What must now happen is that every single member of LDC and this forum (not necessarily the same thing but that would be nice!) tells their friends so that THIS forum becomes THE Lotus forum of choice.

Keep up the good work!
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 pm

The advantage you have is that the forum is not model specific. The challenge you have is that you are competing against model specific forums that cater specifically for for Elises, Esprits etc.

Seloc has in excess of 12000 members the Esprit forum exceeds 5000 members and Lotus Elan Central has in excess of 2000 members.

To ensure future growth, you may well have to understand what these forums offer in order to grow the forum further.

This takes no account of the likes of Pistonheads who also have a significant Lotus forum membership.

It may be that, quality, rather than quantity is the key.

You could explore the opportunity of an affiliation or association to Club Lotus who have no forum whatsoever and are in the dark ages when it comes to the web. There is a potential membership of 14000 members that are quite possibly dormant or ignorant to the advantages of a forum.

Very much depends on what your expectations of the Forum are?
rocket63
rocket63

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=regist

Back to top Go down

200 Members Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:40 pm

Firstly thank you, Mike, we both really enjoy what we are doing. As per Paul's comment, I totally agree that we are up against alot of other forums that are indeed, in the majority, model specific. I for one reek the advantages of being able to find out everything I need to know from a forum such as Elan Central BUT with so much off topic chat it is difficult to keep up to date with the important info. One of the main reasons for creating this forum for the Lotus Drivers Club was to carry on the LDC theme of any Lotus model, age and colour lol. Indeed it will be difficult to rival the information available for every Lotus model but like you say, we are very happy with the quality of the topics on the forum so far. The Lotus Drivers Club organises meetings and events throughout the year and this is prooving easier to follow online and we hope it continues to do so. I have noticed that Club Lotus are lacking an online presence and to be honest so was LDC a few years ago. I will let you all in on a little secret regarding the Lotus Drivers Club Website .... watch the space in 2010 Wink
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down