Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Germany trip to 'The Barn'

+2
the83man
Trigger
6 posters

Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty Germany trip to 'The Barn'

Post  Trigger Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:29 pm

Following on from Britta's post I thought it would be an idea to have a running page that we can all keep up to date with on the details?

Britta wrote:Thanks for all your sympathy, it helped a lot and kept me going.
I’m now more or less settled and in the middle of rebuilding our house. It is an old farm house with a huge barn. And one part of the house will be a café. It will be an English style café with cream tea and real cooked English breakfast. It will be called “The Barn” and will have an art gallery with it. There are pictures and drawings and paintings of old cars, motor cycles and ships or what ever you would like to see or to buy.
And at this place I would like to invite everybody for future LDC – meetings. It is still early days, the planned opening is May the 1st next year, but I would like to invite every Lotus Driver or just friends of Lotus to come and meet. We will meet every second Sunday of each month (starting with Sunday the 10th of May 2009, at 02.00pm).
In the meantime I would be pleased to be contacted by all German members of LDC (of course also every other member of LDC or just a Lotus driver), maybe we can meet before and have a nice drive-out. If there is any interest, I would love to organise an autumn drive-out this year in this area. So please contact me and we will get something sorted (Britta Frank, Im Sinke 1, 31185 Söhlde, Germany, (phone: 0049-5129-299928, Mobil: 0049-1520-1848846, e-mail: britta-ldc@arcor.de ).
I’ll keep you updated about the building works and the opening of the Café “The Barn”. See you soon!

http://www.kunstcafe-thebarn.de
our new website (sorry only german)

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Britta
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty Re: Germany trip to 'The Barn'

Post  the83man Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:08 am

A long time ago in galaxy far away..........

In a previous life I lived in Herford, near to Hannover. My preferred ferry route in those days was either Dover/Zeeebrugge or Felixstowe/Zeebrugge. The continental journey was about 315 miles across Belgium and Holland into Germany and across the top of the Ruhr valley. I reckon Britta's place is about another 60 -70 miles so nearly 400 in all. I used to be able to do the 315 miles in about 4 hours (all autobahn) but things may have changed now.... I'm still wanted in Holand for non-payment of a speeding fine, but hopefully they've forgotten by now???!!!

Once you get off the autobahns in Germany there are some great roads. Should be fun.
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:15 am

Yes I think Chris M mentioned it was in the region of 400-500 mile cross trip through Holland into Germany and I will be sure to pester him at the NEC for some of those details. All in all sounds like a fantastic trip and with it being my first driving experience abroad and far further than i've ever driven (to cornwall so far Embarassed ) I really can't wait and i'm saving up the pennies. I also have around the figure of 8 long range walky talkies that us IT Geeks use at work which I thought might be an idea for a few of us on the long trip ... or have I been watching too much Top Gear and i'm showing off my youthful ideas Laughing
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:30 pm

Trigger wrote:..... I also have around the figure of 8 long range walky talkies that us IT Geeks use at work which I thought might be an idea for a few of us on the long trip ... or have I been watching too much Top Gear and i'm showing off my youthful ideas Laughing

Now, they're a good idea (but possibly illegal in other countries as the frequencies will have been issued by the UK authorities). We used some on our last Le Mans trip and they dfinitely helped in those difficult traffic situations where you all get split up!
the83man
the83man

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:16 pm

Chris Mayhew wrote:At Last!! I have managed to get onto Community Lotus. Dear all, the details for the trip to Germany are beginning to materialise. Leave Harwich Thursday night 30th April 2009 return May 4th afternoon Stena Line cost £210-240 total. Britta has a small hotel with 10 rooms reserved @ 32 Euro single or 54 Euro double incl breakfast per night. I suggest you book the ferry ASAP and let me know about the hotel by middle of Jan 09 latest. Check out www.stenaline.co.uk and www.ottilienhof.de
We will then have a short meeting in the New Year to fill in more details route, stops, mobile phone nos, maps, insurance, breakdown cover, do's and don'ts etc.
Finally, wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas and prosperous New Year in work!!.
Chris Mayhew 20/12/08
ps feel free to contact me if you have any questions
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty German Trip

Post  Gill E Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:46 pm

We have just booked our ferry crossing with Stena Line. Harwich to Hook of Holland outbound Thursday 30th April 23.45 departure. Return Monday 4th May 14.30 departure. Come on everybody now Christmas is over lets get on with activities for 2009. Happy New Year to our Lotus friends. Martin and Gill Edwards Very Happy

Gill E
Regalia Secretary
Regalia Secretary

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty Booked

Post  Trigger Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Gill E wrote:We have just booked our ferry crossing with Stena Line. Harwich to Hook of Holland outbound Thursday 30th April 23.45 departure. Return Monday 4th May 14.30 departure. Come on everybody now Christmas is over lets get on with activities for 2009. Happy New Year to our Lotus friends. Martin and Gill Edwards Very Happy

Booked ferry crossing today ... Very Happy Bring on April ...
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty TomTom XL Europe 22

Post  Trigger Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:53 pm

Ordered a new TomTom last week with the Western Europe maps on, a larger screen and a louder speaker which will be good with the roof down although most the time I have the voice off as I find it highly annoying lol. Tried to plan a route from home to Söhlde but it won't accept a ferry crossing at Harwich so will have to work out the mileage in two steps.

Germany trip to 'The Barn' TomTomXLEurope
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Germany trip to 'The Barn' Empty Trip to Germany

Post  Gill E Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:51 pm

We got a route from google earth from the Hook to Sohlde. Its very detailed. Going to get a good road atlas as well. You can lead if you like with your TomTom!!!

Gill E
Regalia Secretary
Regalia Secretary

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:10 am

Gill E wrote:We got a route from google earth from the Hook to Sohlde. Its very detailed. Going to get a good road atlas as well. You can lead if you like with your TomTom!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing I hope that was a joke! Definitely going to be getting a good map too but we use the SatNav a lot so wouldn't go without it. We are both getting really excited now although I'm trying to make sure everything is sorted in time, car and everything else.

See you at Coleford in just over a week Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:50 pm

Bags packed, car ready and starting the journey tomorrow to Hereford ... in the opposite direction Laughing
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Trigger wrote:Bags packed, car ready and starting the journey tomorrow to Hereford ... in the opposite direction Laughing

its no my fault, and its not totally the wrong way, least your not going west!
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:28 pm

Trigger wrote:Bags packed, car ready and starting the journey tomorrow to Hereford ... in the opposite direction Laughing

Now watch out for them BMWs with there sat nav up the mountings .

Have a great time say hello from me .

Eddie cheers
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  rocket63 Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:45 pm

Have fun eurotrippers Very Happy