Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMPORTANT: We're moving

4 posters

Go down

IMPORTANT: We're moving Empty IMPORTANT: We're moving

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 am

Due to the growth of the forum over the past year I have decided to move us to a new Community Forum which will cater for our needs far better and also provide users with a greater experience of using the site.

Why are we moving?

The current forum was initially setup in place to provide a free solution to the club not having a forum. This has worked brilliantly in the case of displaying not only the need for a forum but also the information which can be collated on it, and furthermore benefit all of ours users. This has though caused an issue. Because of the current setup we can not claim ownership to any of the documented topics/posts etc. Nor can this be exported into a new system. This is one of the main reasons why a new solution was needed as I believe the posts are an asset to the club and the forum users and should be ours to backup and export.

The new community will be ever more flexible in its capabilities whilst at the same time remaining simple and quick to use. The new layout will provide novice users with one click links to their favourite topics whilst allowing others to indulge in creating their own galleries, profiles, garages, blogs etc etc.

Inserting larger photos and attaching files will also be available. One of the problems with the current solution was the limitation on the dimensions of any images which were linked. Users will also have the option to upload files (less than 2mb) to attach to posts and be downloadable by other users.

Joining the club and keeping up with your membership renewal will also be simple. Membership to the club will also include several advanced features which are not available to free users of the forum. Exact details will be confirmed.

How will the move take place?

The new Online Community is already in the later development stages so will be ready to use by next week. All user accounts will be transferred and your password will be reset to the email address from which you registered.

Post counts and profiles will unfortunately be reset but the old forum will remain available to read so that you may copy over any old posts which are of value. Upon your first visit you will see that several of the latest topics will have been created so feel free to add to them and also add old topics.

How will you know

You will receive an email confirming your username and password to your account on the new Community Forum. Once you have received this you will be able to log on and enjoy the benefits.

The old forum will remain online and will display a link to the new site.

I will be on hand 24/7 during the migration process so feel free to contact me at lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk if you have any problems/issues.
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT: We're moving Empty Re: IMPORTANT: We're moving

Post  TimS Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 am

OK, looking forward to it...'a change is as good as a rest' as they say, will be good to see the benefits and if easier then it will hopefully get more enthusiasts on board.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Oh dear, all sounds a bit scary to me; I never got the hang of this present Format with Attachments, Photos etc.
Hope the new Format will make life simple for old freaks like me IMPORTANT: We're moving Icon_smile

Good luck with the swap over!
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  DustyM Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Good luck with the change over, I'd say there is a fair amount of work involved. Which Forum software did you choose, vBulletin?

Cheers
Jon
DustyM
DustyM
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-11-24

http://www.classiccar.ie

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 pm

DustyM wrote:Good luck with the change over, I'd say there is a fair amount of work involved. Which Forum software did you choose, vBulletin?

Cheers
Jon

Luckily enough a few hard days of work will just about do it. The new forum software is IPBoard.
Thank you all for the support.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Posting on this forum has now been deactivated. You will receive your new login and password to the new site within the next 24 hours. Thank you for your support during this process.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down