Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ProtonLOTUS Satria Neo for UK/Europe

2 posters

Go down

ProtonLOTUS  Satria Neo for UK/Europe Empty ProtonLOTUS Satria Neo for UK/Europe

Post  karnevil Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:07 pm

Hello all,I am a new face to the forum but have been a Lotus fan for a good many years,well since as a kid,I saw this parked in my home town of Scarborough out side a then VERY POSH hotel the guy.A journalist IIRC came out,saw me drooling and gave me a ride in it WOW.................

ProtonLOTUS  Satria Neo for UK/Europe 12-26-2008_033

ProtonLOTUS  Satria Neo for UK/Europe 12-26-2008_035

So far all I have managed is a Proton Satria GTI with Lotus handleing but hey I'm trying!

Any how I digress.
Proton now own Lotus,a we all know,and I feel more than a little miffed that they,Proton,have not as yet put out an "Old style"Lotus make over of a mundane road saloon ala Cortina,Sunbeam.
Now for some years Proton have been making R3 versions of their production cars but they have not made it to this country.Presently they have a really good looking motor in the guise of the Satria Neo CPS

ProtonLOTUS  Satria Neo for UK/Europe Proton-satria-neo-cps4

Can you just imagine that with the Olive green stripe and Lotus badge?Providing it was done right an instant classic.

So I have started a Facebook campaign to try to persuade Proton there is interest for just such a beast

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=115913338424265

Please would you look and if you feel it is right join?

And just out of curiosity does anyone know of the Esprit that was YDO516T?It had no badges at all except for the Guigario on it.Was it a press car?

Hello everyone.Thanks for the welcomes and I hope you can help.

Andy.
karnevil
karnevil

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

ProtonLOTUS  Satria Neo for UK/Europe Empty Re: ProtonLOTUS Satria Neo for UK/Europe

Post  A7ESK Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:16 am

Found this on the car
Manufacturer: Lotus
Model: Esprit S1
Year: 1979
Colour: Black
Fuel Type: Petrol
Engine Size (CC): 1973
VIN: Not available
V5C Issued: Not available

Tax

Tax Status: Unlicensed
Expiry Date: 01/06/1986
Registration Date: 03/02/1979

Eddie.
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

ProtonLOTUS  Satria Neo for UK/Europe Empty Re: ProtonLOTUS Satria Neo for UK/Europe

Post  karnevil Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Yeah had seen that on DVLA.
However I do not know if that site can follow a change of registration number i.e if it had had a private plate on it.However that would mean it had a private plate on it for 24 years now so could be the same owner or that it has been in storage all that time.Or sold with a private plate on and now the present owner does not know its full history.
karnevil
karnevil

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down