Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final Countdown

+5
Pierre LP
the83man
Pesky
Trigger
CAM
9 posters

Go down

The Final Countdown Empty The Final Countdown

Post  CAM Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:55 pm

The Final Countdown.....cue music from Europe.

The car is ready even if it's a patchwork of different yellow's. I have just run out of time to make it look prettier.
Am I ready?? We will find out this weekend!!
If anyone is at a loose end, join us at Brands. We are in Qually B at 12.20 hrs Saturday and race B 12.05 hrs Sunday using garage 20.

Thanks to the team: Gill & Martin Edwards, Steve Edwards all Lotuspower.co.uk and of course Margaret.

Chris Mayhew
CAM Racing
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

The Final Countdown Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:07 am

Good luck Chris, really really wish I could make it to see your first race but I will later in the year! Don't forget to do those Twitter updates for us lap by lap Laughing
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

The Final Countdown Empty Re: The Final Countdown

Post  Pesky Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 am

Yep, all the best & good luck Chris The Final Countdown Icon_cool

You've got a top support team there, & I'm sure they'll look after both you & your mota this weekend! The Final Countdown Icon_biggrin
Pesky
Pesky
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:37 am

Good luck Chris. I'm working Saturday so probably I will not get to see you in action. Go for the finish and save the win for later in the season!
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:28 am

I am buzzing with excitement and simultaneously feeling gutted, but I'll be there on Sunday.

Make sure you get your tyre pressures right for quali. Good luck.
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-12

http://www.top-oils.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:26 pm

Good luck Chris - hope you have a good one. I guess you have your yellow/black target cross firmly stuck on the back..you know -the one that tells the others 'look out ...new boy on track' !
Anyway, I'm sure with your trusty team on hand and pit babes waving their pit boards at you you'll go like a bomb....in true Lotus F1 style...just bring it home for a finish first time out..forget about the points The Final Countdown Icon_exclaim
(Sorry, won't be at Brands -I will probably be doing the lawnmower GP and 50 or so other jobs, hope to get to others in the future).
Cheers, Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:56 am

All the best Chris, don't bend it!
Ian
Ian

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:34 pm

Come on Chris its just like driving around the ring road in Coventry your be all right or was that left ?

Eddie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnXDEw3gqhk
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Atthelimit Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 pm

Well?

Did you start on wets and have to change to slicks like Vettel and Co?

I managed to find the results as they were posted online, interesting reading.

Qualifying seems to have gone well, quali for the 1st time must have been quite daunting but I see you managed to more or less bring your times down lap by lap posting your best time and qualifying time on your 15th tour out of 19. A good solid approach and improving all the time.

B Race! Wow you must have been nervous on that grid 1st time out. There were some invitation entries in quick modified cars behind you and I'm sure you would have wished that you had no hot shoes behind you who were bound to pass you as soon as they got into their stride. It was not until lap 5 that they passed you but it seems to have worked out resonably well as your lap time only slowed by a second or so. Lap times look to be quite consistent but on lap 13 the turbo obviously kicked in and you set a race lap time that was faster than your qualifying time! Settling in nicely obviously but then disaster on lap 14! a lap some 24 seconds slower, what happened? After that it took a couple or so laps to get back to the same lap times that you set consistently early on. But like the Lotus F1 debut this was all about finishing and you did.

D Race. Looks like you started on row 7 with cars all around, the lap times in this race are generally slower than your first, but on the penultimate lap you set you best time of this race, saving the best until last another finsish and hopefully a signiature from the stewards on your licence so that you will be able to get that bulls eye off the back of the car.

Well done Chris on what must have been an interesting experience, lets have a blow by blow account from the drivers seat. Keep us up to date with race dates etc and at some point I promise to come and support in person rather than from my armchair.

Can I have your autograph please!
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 pm

The drivers have to use AO48's regardless of the weather conditions.

It was good to meet Chris yesterday who appeared relaxed and put in a respectable performance for his first race.......far better than my first race.

I'm looking forward to the Silverstone meeting on the 17th April, and hope to race against Chris at Castle Combe or Snetts.

Well done Chris!
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:40 pm

Well done Chris!!!!!!!!!
the83man
the83man

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Ian Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 pm

Hear, hear. Well done. Any photos...?
Ian
Ian

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:38 am

Well done Chris and thanks Kim for keeping an eye out for the results and performances on the weekend.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:27 am

All quiet on the western front Chris?
I guess you have been busy at the post race de-briefing and media interviews. Your physio must be busy massaging your weary body and preparing you for the next race when you'll need the strength in your legs to step up to the podium.
Maybe you have been arrested by the Met for spinning your wheels when leaving Brands...naughty boy!

Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:24 am

Sorry guys,
Got home late Sunday night and left early for Belfast on Monday morning. I will post something tomorrow nite.
CAM
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:55 am

I canconfirm that Chris wasn't still laying exhausted in the paddock at Brands today, unless he was under the 60ft car transporter. The Final Countdown Icon_lol
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:18 pm

The evidence is showing on Elise Trophy TV now! The Final Countdown Icon_biggrin
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 pm

Nice one! Watching the race now. Good interview Chris and well done on keeping calm in the first corner and clear of all the hectic action in your first race. Also congratulations to Andy Dolan for making the podium Very Happy

Last edited by Trigger on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 pm

I have another two months to wait until I get to race this year and against Chris too.
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 am

At last, finally some time to gather my thoughts.....it's been a hectic week at work.

You will know by now I raced for the first time last weekend at Brands Hatch in the LOT Elise Trophy. Qualifying on Saturday was interesting especially first time around Paddock Hill Bend, more like a roller-coaster. Druids is quite a slow corner at least for me as everyone else came storming passed. A previous race had left some oil on Surtees & Mclaren which was very slippy and scary. Otherwise all OK best lap under 60 secs.
Race day.
As some of you will know I must get 6 race finishes to lose my Novice X and I was determined to finish.
First start was an experience to be suddenly surounded by cars, anyway no mishap...yet. I continued to experiment with road position and line to judge the best for me. About 10 minutes in I lost concentration and entered Paddock Hill all wrong, too fast and spun out at the bottom of the hill. (My car thought it was a JCB....right colour).All I could think about was trying to keep the car on the road and not stalling it. I ended up just on the gravel with engine running. By this time most of the front pack had arrived and I must have waited 15 or 20 seconds for them to pass before I could get back onto the track. When I did I was dropping stones everywhere (Sorry Guys). The rest was uneventful and I finished near the back.

Final B on Sunday

We had some invitation drivers and cars some of which were Honda powered (much faster than me: Elise trophy is limited to 151 bhp at the wheels), which had been given the back of the grid behind me. The guy just to my left false started before the lights went out which made me move slightly and then stop after a few inches, by which time the lights had gone out and the race had properly started. The fast guys behind came flying passed having started correctly and not hiccuped. I carried on racing at the back and I moved off the racing line for all the other's being the new guy. Clearly, I was about 5-6 seconds off of the leaders pace about 1 sec per corner. I hope to improve as the season continues and my confidence grows. All in all a great weekend.
My great thanks to the CAM Racing pit crew: Gill & Martin Edwards, Hazel & Steve Edwards & Margaret for sreaming so loud. It was too cold for Lycra maybe next time.

I was interviewed for the TV and the link is www.elisetrophy.tv This has film of the race etc and my 30 secs of fame is in race 2 about 2 or 3 minutes in.
I have pictures but havn't downloaded them yet. Until then look at www.lotrdc.com/race-reports/brands-hatch-27-28-march-2010/

The car was set up with lots of negative camber and was very tail happy. The crew took some off and it was much better and we finally sorted the tyre pressures out after speaking with the tyre crew there.

I am tracking in Anglesey this Saturday but racing again 17th April at Silverstone. I know it clashes with Malvern but if you want tickets contact me and we can get them cheaper thro LOT.

Chris Mayhew
CAM Racing The Final Countdown Icon_cheers

Last edited by CAM on Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:32 am; edited 2 times in total
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Good stuff Chris.

I have two team passes spare for Silverstone if any of your friends or fans want to borrow them for the day.

My e-mail is peter@triserial.co.uk if the passes are required. If I can help you with anything else please ask and I'll try my best.
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down