Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M100 will not turn over

4 posters

Go down

M100 will not turn over Empty M100 will not turn over

Post  M100DavidM Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:31 pm

M100 will not turn over Icon_lol The sum was out. M100 will not turn over Icon_lol It was not raining. M100 will not turn over Icon_lol The battery was charged. M100 will not turn over Icon_lol The alarm turned off. M100 will not turn over Icon_cry Then the car would not start.
It has stood since December under a complete cover but the engine will not turn over even when I connected up jump leads from another car.
Any ideas/ suggestions/ advice welcome.
It will by dry and sunny tomorrow some i will try again with your help.
# M100 will not turn over Icon_cry 1990 M100 elan M100 will not turn over Icon_cry #

M100DavidM

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

M100 will not turn over Empty Re: M100 will not turn over

Post  A7ESK Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:44 pm

A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

M100 will not turn over Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:03 pm

Sorry to hear this. Is there any sign of life from the battery i.e interior lights, dials lighting up etc? If the battery is working, do you get any response from the starter motor upon trying?
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:26 pm

Sounds realy silly put have you looked
at the main fuse.
Eddie
A7ESK
A7ESK

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  M100DavidM Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm

Lights working. gauges show readings, but no movement of the starter motor and no sounds.
Could the motor be jambed?. Would trying to push start the car free everything? Is this a common problem of a car that has not been used during the winter? Do I need better protectrion next winter or a hard top so that I can use it all the year around?

M100DavidM

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:48 am

It could be so many things having been laid up for so long.

You say it will not turn over - I presume you mean that there is simply no juice to the starter rather than the engine is seized?

If the starter isn't turning it could easily be jammed. Put the car in top gear , all electrics off and rock the car back and forth - that might free it up.

Mice could have eaten the wiring....

There are so many possibilities.

If and when you do get it started you may find the clutch is stuck to the flywheel and will not disengage. Leaving the motor to run with the gears in neutral until everything is thoroughly warm will usually solve this one.

Good luck anyway....

Last edited by the83man on Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spellin, as usual. I can think faster than I can type.......)
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  M100DavidM Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:10 pm

HI all
I will start with the fuse, which one covers the starter motor in which fuse box?
The sum is out today so i need to drive please.

M100DavidM

Back to top Go down

Post  the83man Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:45 pm

David,

Have a look here M100 FUSE DATA
the83man
the83man

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Good link Mike. If the battery does not have enough juice to turn over the starter motor you will either get no response at all or the motor will give off a clicking sound. Have you got anyway of checking the status of the battery? Hope you get her going today ... the sun is out here too in South Wales of all places!
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  M100DavidM Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Everyone
The SUN was out. The Hood was down. I played around with the fuses. The car started. You have no idea how pleased I am tonight. My wife and I had a blast around a few favorite roads. Life is great with an Elan. M100 will not turn over Icon_lol M100 will not turn over Icon_lol
Thanks to you for your advice without your suggestions I would still be trying to start.
regards
David.

M100DavidM

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:53 pm

M100DavidM wrote:Hi Everyone
The SUN was out. The Hood was down. I played around with the fuses. The car started. You have no idea how pleased I am tonight. My wife and I had a blast around a few favorite roads. Life is great with an Elan.
Thanks to you for your advice without your suggestions I would still be trying to start.
Glad to hear you got it started ... must have been the sunny weather Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content