Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many times do you wash/clean your car?

5 posters

Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car?

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_lcap17%How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_lcap42%How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 5 ]
How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_lcap17%How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_lcap7%How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_lcap0%How many times do you wash/clean your car? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty How many times do you wash/clean your car?

Post  Trigger Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:12 am

As most will know there are alot of us out there who clean and clean some more our cars, but really how often do you clean/wash your pride and joy? Thats the question ... im guessing there will be alot of votes for more than once a week lol.

I do mine once a week at the very least... Laughing
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty Re: How many times do you wash/clean your car?

Post  dpr59 Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:06 pm

It's when I start to use brasso on the S/S tail pipes that Sue suggests I need therapy.
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty Re

Post  Trigger Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 pm

dpr59 wrote:It's when I start to use brasso on the S/S tail pipes that Sue suggests I need therapy.

hahahaha now thats something I never thought about. It must be said though I do spend alot of time on the wheels sometimes and every now and again I have a day polishing where every single mark that can be removed ... must be removed lol. I just wish I had a big enough garage to clean the car in ... that way I could keep going all night Laughing
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty Re: How many times do you wash/clean your car?

Post  Paul D13 Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:00 am

car does not go ouy in bad weather so usualy only needs dusting. usualy prior to going out and again on return when its back in its garage. prob gets a polish once a week.think i might be obsessed.
Paul D13
Paul D13
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:04 am

Paul D13 wrote:car does not go ouy in bad weather so usualy only needs dusting. usualy prior to going out and again on return when its back in its garage. prob gets a polish once a week.think i might be obsessed.

Crist ... wish I culd do that with Trigger. I am hoping by next year to have another Proton Satria GTI as my everyday car and then keep the Elan in my nans garage for the good weather and extra polishing lol. It's all about money though atm.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:17 am

tha van on the otherhand only gets a wash about every 2 weeks.unless we are away camping in it and cant be polishing lotus. typical workhorse
Paul D13
Paul D13

Back to top Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty 7 hours

Post  Trigger Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:37 pm

Finally a sunny day to get outside with the car and I have just spent the past 7 hours washing and polishing Trigger with brilliant results I must say. Only thing I found annoying is there not being enough hours in the day to carry on lol ...
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul D13 Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:39 am

only 7 hours my boy. in my day...........doesent get dark til 9ish, lotus had new rear boots fitted today, so had all the weels of for propper cleen, all ready for weekend.
Paul D13
Paul D13

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 am

Paul D13 wrote:only 7 hours my boy. in my day...........doesent get dark til 9ish, lotus had new rear boots fitted today, so had all the wheels of for popper clean, all ready for weekend.
lol ... unfortunately because I use my car most days its like starting from scratch every time it needs a good clean but with weather like today at least I was able to get out there for the day without it raining lol. Yea I did the same last month when I had some new wheel nuts ... gave the rims a proper clean.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Pierre LP Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:32 pm

My Europa goes up bridleways a few times a week, so needs regular attention. Fortunately my easy cleaning system takes under 15 minutes for the bodywork and glass and a further 10 minutes for the wheels. In the summer I have a bug and tar remover which means I don't have problems. How many times do you wash/clean your car? Icon_biggrin
Pierre LP
Pierre LP

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-03-12

http://www.top-oils.co.uk

Back to top Go down

How many times do you wash/clean your car? Empty car cleaning

Post  finefettlefilly Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 pm

At least once a week in the Winter for a wash and spray wax polish as its quicker. In the Summer at least twice a week and proper wax on wax off once a week and an extra one for special occasions. Then I clay it about once every two months. I use mainly Autoglym or Meguiars and Autosol stainless polish on the tail pipes

finefettlefilly

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down