Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Spilt Milk !

Go down

Spilt Milk !

Post  TimS on Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:15 pm

My colleagues daughter has spilt 2 lts of milk in their car ...you can image the stink! I recall somewhere there is an odor eating canister that you set off in the car, shut the doors and leave it to work for 24 hours. Anyone know about this and where to get one from?
They have tried all the general things like vinegar, bicarb soda etc. but it still stinks.

Any ideas would be of interest,
Thanks,
Tim.
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spilt Milk !

Post  Ian on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:02 pm

I can sympathise, as I did this in a Cortina many many many years ago! I think I sold the car with the smell. Your Ďbombí idea is similar to the system used for de-odorising air-con in cars Comma do an aerosol (Halfords). However, the milk will have run everywhere under the carpet and seats, the bacteria in milk will take some killing before the smell goes. At least itís the winter, just think how much worse it could have been in the summer!!
Ian
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-07-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum