Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cornwall and Devon Area Meet

4 posters

Go down

Cornwall and Devon Area Meet Empty Cornwall and Devon Area Meet

Post  waghorri Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Firstly, to anyone who has not read any of my postings please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Richard and I am new to the Lotus Drivers Club and the Forum.

I live in Cornwall and own a GT3 Esprit, this is my third Lotus in around 24 years the first being an Éclat purchased for me by my father a 17 years old.

I have a passion for Lotus and now being older and wiser want to get more involved with other Lotus owners who share the passion for the breed. To this end I emailed the local area group and the email bounced back but not to be put off I went along to the location of the meeting only to find no one about.

After a few messages with other forum members it comes to light that the South West Group seems to have faded away and the contact details go to dead phone lines and email addresses.

RIGHT.... after the waffle I have volunteered myself to start a new group for members of the forum / LDC in the Cornwall and Devon area. I would like some input from members that would like to attend monthly meetings of the South West Group for ideas of locations / venues for the meeting. The old venue was listed as the Penhale Round at Fraddon. This does have ample parking but may not be the best location for everyone.

If a local group is going to work well then it needs to be in a good location that suits everyone, has ample parking, a room that we can use (if needs be) and on a night that is good for the owner of the venue as well.

Any other idea’s such as guest speakers that we may invite along, drive outs etc are also welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to hearing from other members soon.
waghorri
waghorri
Cornwall & Devon Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://ldcsouthwest.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Cornwall and Devon Area Meet Empty Re: Cornwall and Devon Area Meet

Post  TimS Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Good news, we look forward to hearing all about it as you get it going.

(CJ...any chance you can pull the members email addresses from the Devon Cornwall area and send them a note on this to respond?)

Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Cornwall and Devon Area Meet Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:00 pm

TimS wrote:Good news, we look forward to hearing all about it as you get it going.
(CJ...any chance you can pull the members email addresses from the Devon Cornwall area and send them a note on this to respond?)
On my list of things to do today Wink
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  A7ESK Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:12 pm

Well done Richard in joining the Area Meet Co-Ordinators .
Eddie King .
Midlands Area Meet Co-Ordinator

waghorri wrote:Firstly, to anyone who has not read any of my postings please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Richard and I am new to the Lotus Drivers Club and the Forum.

I live in Cornwall and own a GT3 Esprit, this is my third Lotus in around 24 years the first being an Éclat purchased for me by my father a 17 years old.

I have a passion for Lotus and now being older and wiser want to get more involved with other Lotus owners who share the passion for the breed. To this end I emailed the local area group and the email bounced back but not to be put off I went along to the location of the meeting only to find no one about.

After a few messages with other forum members it comes to light that the South West Group seems to have faded away and the contact details go to dead phone lines and email addresses.

RIGHT.... after the waffle I have volunteered myself to start a new group for members of the forum / LDC in the Cornwall and Devon area. I would like some input from members that would like to attend monthly meetings of the South West Group for ideas of locations / venues for the meeting. The old venue was listed as the Penhale Round at Fraddon. This does have ample parking but may not be the best location for everyone.

If a local group is going to work well then it needs to be in a good location that suits everyone, has ample parking, a room that we can use (if needs be) and on a night that is good for the owner of the venue as well.

Any other idea’s such as guest speakers that we may invite along, drive outs etc are also welcome.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to hearing from other members soon.
cheers cheers cheers cheers
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks very much, and as mydad used to say in for a penny and in for a pound.

Regards

Rich
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:21 pm

My website man has just emailed me a link to a little site he has put together for the South West Group. Comments on it, in the guest book and members page are welcome.

Cheers

Rich

waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:43 pm

waghorri wrote:My website man has just emailed me a link to a little site he has put together for the South West Group. Comments on it, in the guest book and members page are welcome.
Nice one ... I will get this information linked from our parent website as well. Hopefully come the summer this meeting will build up, and at least it's local to yourself.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 pm

There has got to be other LDC in the Devon and Cornwall Area, It is getting lonely arriving at the Penhale Round for a monthly meeting and there is just me and ME......

Come on owners lets make a local group to be proud off. My wife belongs to the local smart car owners club and theu average between 12 and 25 members a meeting !

I cant do it on my own it will take other members to join in.

Thanks

Rich
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:38 pm

CJ -could we do an email campaign to the members list we have for Cornwall area?

Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 am

Have you thought about going along as our LDC representative to the Lotus meeting which is held on the first Thursday of the month (19:30) at the Holland Inn, Hatt, Saltash? I know this is a bit far a field and doesn't cover the southern area of Cornwall but you may find others who make the journey up as well? I can't believe that there are a shortage of Lotus owners in Cornwall and Devon.

Keep at it Very Happy

Are you coming up for the Coleford event at Easter?
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down