Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Coin puzzel

Go down

Coin puzzel

Post  elanman on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:15 pm

Whilst replacing the original carpets in my 1981 S3 I came across a 1981 one penny coin neatly placed under the carpet of the passenger footwell. Nothing outstanding in that I thought, just a nice gesture on behalf of the Lotus workforce, perhaps this is done to all new Lotus Cars. Then on lifting the carpet on the drivers side I found yet another neatly placed coin, this time a 1948 two shilling piece ! After a quick flick through a couple of reference books it came apparent that this was the year the first Lotus car was built, the MK1. Again is this just another nice gesture that is done to all new Lotus Cars or is mine a one off ? Any ideas out there ?

elanman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Coin puzzel

Post  GrumpyBodger on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:30 pm

When stripping the Carpets out of my Elan S4 I found over one pounds worth of small change & the gear change pattern that had dissapeared from the Gear knob.
It's truly amazing how the stuff manages to move around under the Carpets.
Some of the Coins were no longer valid but non were pre-Decimal.
Your 1948 Coin & your 1981 S3 are indeed a riddle. (FWD Elan I assume?)
PS Are you using the name of "Elanman" from a member of LotusElan.net?

Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  elanman on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:03 am

John

elanman is a bit of a red herring going back to the days when I had a +2 S130, the car I now have is a 1981 S3 Esprit, aka espritman on other forums

elanman

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  karnevil on Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Sorry but I cannot shed anylight on the coins but it may be something along the lines of what a laminator at TVR used to do.He painted the Tubeway Army album(just the image not the text) cover into the rear bulkhead of the bodies he layed up kinda sandwich style so ome fibre glass was over the paint so it could not come off,his trade mark I guess.The coins could be something similar.

karnevil
karnevil

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-04-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down