Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall

+3
rocket63
Trigger
waghorri
7 posters

Go down

Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall Empty Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall

Post  waghorri Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:21 am

Hello to all,

Just joined the online community as well as the club itself. Only my third Lotus in 24 years. At 17 years old Dad got me a Eclat that had seen better days but I loved and cared for her for nearly five years until someone else decided that it would look better with a the passenger side opened up!

Second Lotus was a White Esprit S2 which I got from a chap called Barry Ely in Leyton East London. Owned for a few years and then I got married and had a baby (not me the wife) but when you see me I look like I am about to give birth !!!!! So she had to go (The Esprit not the wife).

Now 15 years later, older, wiser, with a few more pennies I have treated myself to a 1998 GT3. Spent nearly eight months looking for the right one and I hope that I have found it, well its too late now its paid for. Its only got one little problem and thats the speedo, one minute it works the next it does not. Its been checked and I am told that because the previous owner kept the car in the garage covered over for nearly 9 months without using it then is damp, not 100% sure but if anyone can offer any ideas then I am all ears.

Well that's me, its good to be part of the club and I look forward to meeting other members both locally and across the country over the coming months.

All the best
waghorri
waghorri
Cornwall & Devon Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-12-24

http://ldcsouthwest.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:48 pm

Hello and welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club and our Online Community Forum.

I have had a look at the photo's of your GT3 and it looks very nice indeed, and sounds well looked after. It is also nice to hear from a member in Cornwall, you have some great driving roads, although slightly busy in the summer months. The Club is about to go live with a new Website which will have our full calendar for 2010, so hopefully you can come along to some events ... there is something for most enthusiasts.

Regards, CJ
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall Empty Re: Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall

Post  waghorri Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:56 pm

Trigger wrote:Hello and welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club and our Online Community Forum.

I have had a look at the photo's of your GT3 and it looks very nice indeed, and sounds well looked after. It is also nice to hear from a member in Cornwall, you have some great driving roads, although slightly busy in the summer months. The Club is about to go live with a new Website which will have our full calendar for 2010, so hopefully you can come along to some events ... there is something for most enthusiasts.

Regards, CJ

Thanks very much for the reply. Looking forward to getting involved and meeting club members.

Cheers

Rich
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall Empty Re: Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall

Post  rocket63 Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm

Welcome to the LDC forum. Nice to meet you.There are some great meetings this year, it would be great to see you Smile
rocket63
rocket63
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2008-07-28

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/index.php?&autocom=regist

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the greeting and I am looking forward to meeting club members over the coming year.

Cheers

Rich
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm

waghorri wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the greeting and I am looking forward to meeting club members over the coming year.
I have been thinking for a long time that we should arrange a meeting or event down in Cornwall. Do you know of or see much Lotus / Classic Car activity down there? I have been going to Cornwall for the past 10 years as my main camping holiday, very nice around the Hayle/St Ives area, and love the surfing ofcourse!
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:12 pm

I'll do some homework and see what I can come up with. I am not to far from Hayle or St Ives, Newquay is a 5 min drive from me ideal for the summer. Its dead this time of year (and bloody cold).

I see that there is a local group that meet's not far from me, I did go to the place last night but could not see anyone so either it was cancelled or I went to the wrong place !
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:27 pm

waghorri wrote:I'll do some homework and see what I can come up with. I am not to far from Hayle or St Ives, Newquay is a 5 min drive from me ideal for the summer. Its dead this time of year (and bloody cold).

I see that there is a local group that meet's not far from me, I did go to the place last night but could not see anyone so either it was cancelled or I went to the wrong place !
LDC used to have an area meeting in Cornwall which was listed as being just off the dual carridgeway near Fraddon but when I decided to check it out in the Summer last year and tryed to contact the area coordinator, no one turned up and his number was no longer in use so I advised we remove the meeting from the list. Club Lotus advertise a meeting at the Holland Inn at Saltash on the first Thursday of the month and with a few other area meetings we collaborate on the same date so they may all be meeting there these days, I will try to investigate this.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  tashuka Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:35 pm

Trigger wrote:
waghorri wrote:I'll do some homework and see what I can come up with. I am not to far from Hayle or St Ives, Newquay is a 5 min drive from me ideal for the summer. Its dead this time of year (and bloody cold).

LDC used to have an area meeting in Cornwall which was listed as being just off the dual carridgeway near Fraddon but when I decided to check it out in the Summer last year and tryed to contact the area coordinator, no one turned up and his number was no longer in use so I advised we remove the meeting from the list. Club Lotus advertise a meeting at the Holland Inn at Saltash on the first Thursday of the month and with a few other area meetings we collaborate on the same date so they may all be meeting there these days, I will try to investigate this.
Yea that was strange, his email didnt work either, maybe you could do some hunting in the area, and try the Club Lotus one, our other joint meets that do this work very well, its all lotus is'nt it at the end of the day?
tashuka
tashuka
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator
Club Photographer & Forum Moderator

Number of posts : 388
Registration date : 2008-07-15

http://www.tashuka.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:49 pm

I will try and make it the Club Lotus meeting ( I am a member of Club Lotus and have been for a while). I am more than happy to start a local group down here if there are people that want to come along. The Fraddon Inn is not far from me hence the reason I went last night.

If anyone can give me any guidance in what goes on at local group meetings etc then I can take it from there.

Cheers
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:55 pm

waghorri wrote:I will try and make it the Club Lotus meeting ( I am a member of Club Lotus and have been for a while). I am more than happy to start a local group down here if there are people that want to come along. The Fraddon Inn is not far from me hence the reason I went last night.

If anyone can give me any guidance in what goes on at local group meetings etc then I can take it from there.

Cheers
This is the website they have running for the Cornwall/Devon meeting ... it isn't brilliant but has some info on there: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/southwestclublotus/default.html

Area meetings seem to come down to what the coordinator and attendees enjoy. Eddie does a fabulous job at the Midlands Meeting with guest speakers, videos, drive outs etc. Eddie and Kim are both on this forum and are area coordinators so hopefully they will see this. Part of the quality of LDC is that it is all volunteer work, so if you want to take it on yourself to help with the Cornwall area we would obviously support you and it would give me a good excuse to come down Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall Icon_cool
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:00 pm

More than happy to take it on and organiser.

I will look toward getting a small website up and running in the next few weeks.

Are there many club members in the Devon / Cornwall area and would it be possible for me to "Mail shot" them?

I will have a look at the other site you suggest for some idea's.

Like you I enjoy the excuse to get and about !
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:09 pm

waghorri wrote:More than happy to take it on and organiser.

I will look toward getting a small website up and running in the next few weeks.

Are there many club members in the Devon / Cornwall area and would it be possible for me to "Mail shot" them?

I will have a look at the other site you suggest for some idea's.

Like you I enjoy the excuse to get and about !
I will look into what members you have in the Devon/Cornwall areas and let you know. I am launching the new Lotus Drivers Club Website @ www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk so I can certainly help promote the details for you.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  TimS Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Hi Rich,

A big welcome to you Hello from Rich with a GT3 Esprit in Cornwall Icon_exclaim nice to see your Lotus enthusiasm, this is what our club is all about and what has made it so great for all these years, welcome on board.
As editor of Chicane and having been involved with events and area meetings for some years now I can put together a few ideas etc for you, I'll have a good think about it and send you a PM with all my thoughts and ideas.
Cheers,
Tim.
TimS
TimS
Chicane Magazine Editor
Chicane Magazine Editor

Number of posts : 404
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:16 pm

'twas silly!

Last edited by GrumpyBodger on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Cheers Tim your a gentleman.

I have already got my IT chap sorting a website for me (well he has done nothing else for the past six weeks !!!!! ) and any other ideas you can put this way would be appricated.

Its great for me now as I have the time to do the things I enjoy and buying another Esprit and usingit was one of the things that I said I would do when time was on my side.

I am one of these people that does not do things by half, if your going to get involved then do it and mean it.

I have a few other "Car" hobbies that take me all over the UK, this will give more excuse for me to have weekends away instead of working !

Thanks once again.

Rich
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Is it just me making a mistake or reading it wrong.

The AGM is listed as Sunday the 8th March 2010 but according to my diary the 8th is a Monday. If it is wrong what date should it be please.

I've chceked 2 diary's and Outlook and they all read as the 8th being a Monday.

Cheers

Rich
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 pm

waghorri wrote:Is it just me making a mistake or reading it wrong.

The AGM is listed as Sunday the 8th March 2010 but according to my diary the 8th is a Monday. If it is wrong what date should it be please.

I've chceked 2 diary's and Outlook and they all read as the 8th being a Monday.

Cheers
Rich
Yes it's Monday the 8th not Sunday as was previously listed ... the AGM is to be run on the same evening as the area meeting in Shardlow
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  CAM Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 pm

Hello Richard,
Welcome to the LDC, good to have some interest from the South West. I am sure we could organise a run down to you, but not this week....brrrrr.

Best wishes
Chris Mayhew
CAM
CAM
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-10

Back to top Go down

Post  waghorri Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:18 pm

That would be great but the Summer months seem a far better idea and a long way off at the moment.

Its minus 1 here at the moment, BLOODY COLD........
waghorri
waghorri

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down