Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Lawson

3 posters

Go down

Michael Lawson Empty Michael Lawson

Post  adele Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Whilst surfing the other day, I came across a message on the LOTUS site, about a car, which Michael Lawson had built, now if this person could please get in touch with me, here in NZ, I could possibly put him in touch with a lady in Surrey who may be able to help.

My late father, Gerard Pentony, worked alongside Michael Lawson, of Moss & Lawson., London Road. Thornton Heath, for many years after WW2. They did car trials together, I can remember Dad talking about Lotus.. Dad built a car for trials as well, and managed the other year to actually trace one of his MGs still being driven around Leatherhead today, Dad was the second owner in 1930s, used for muddy trials, those were the days!

I have many of Dad's silver tankards he won with Car Trials, my sister has some, and his sister in Sussex has a few as well..

The lady in Tadworth, is getting on in years... but her memory of Trials etc are still clear in her head, I ring her from time to time for a chat...her late husband also worked with Michael, latter died some years ago, he lived near Westerham.Kent.

I have had to join this group to put this message out!

Thank you.
Adele

adele

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-11-16

Back to top Go down

Michael Lawson Empty Re

Post  Trigger Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Hello and welcome ... best way to get your message out to the Lotus Community my friend Wink
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Michael Lawson Empty Re: Michael Lawson

Post  the83man Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:57 am

As far as I know, Michael Lawson bought LMU 4 from Colin Chapman in 1952. It was the sole Lotus Mk IV and the first car produced by the newly formed Lotus Engineeeing Co.

It has recently been completely restored by Martin Halliday and regularly appears at shows and the like.

In period Lawson did indeed trial it extensively.
the83man
the83man
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman
Lotus Drivers Club Chairman

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Michael Lawson Empty Re: Michael Lawson

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down