Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Le Mans 2009

3 posters

Go down

Le Mans 2009 Empty Le Mans 2009

Post  A7ESK Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:14 pm

Le Mans 24 Hour - Le Mans 24 Hours schedule

Eurosport - Tue, 09 Jun 23:41:00 2009

The schedule for the 2009 24 Hours of Le Mans, to be held from June 10-14.
Le Mans 2009 Bf91072bfe03eae70a6630d91f6e4199

Wednesday, June 10
17:00 - 23:00 Free practice
Thursday, June 11
18:00 - 20:00 Qualifying 1
21:00 - 23:00 Qualifying 2
Saturday, June 13
07:30 - 08:15 Warm up
14:00 Start
Sunday, June 14
14:00 Finish
Eurosport

Any body going this year?

Eddie King
A7ESK
A7ESK
Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Le Mans 2009 Empty RadioLeMans.com

Post  A7ESK Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:56 pm

A7ESK
A7ESK

Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

Le Mans 2009 Empty Re: Le Mans 2009

Post  Atthelimit Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:07 pm

See whats going on with live streaming for those without Sky etc

http://stream.speedtv.com/24-hours-of-le-mans/
Atthelimit
Atthelimit
East Midlands Area Meet Coordinator

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Hough Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:40 pm

Hi Kim, this was good coverage as it also used the excellent Radio Le Mans track commentry which is always good at making you think you are there when you are not !!!

For the rest of the race that was not covered by speed or ITV4 I found this site...

http://www.justin.tv/

Which doing a quick search of Le Mans found Eurosport HD broadcasting their coverage but in French. I turned down the sound on that and ran a seperate browser with Radio Le Mans for the English commentry, worked a treat ! (Quality about the same as you tube). So this is one to remeber as it gaives full covereage of the full 24 hours !!!

The race was a gem, well done to the Pugs and AMR wasn't it very good to see the genuine delight that the Audi team gave in the post race celibrations to their rivals. No question about it, Le Mans is the best motor race on the planet and probably one of the best sporting events with such a high level of sportsmanship and respect for each other.

Good to see Mansell and Prost togeher again looks like some of the Le Mans magic rubbed off on them they embraced in support of their sons !

A trip again next year may be on the cards ! Very Happy

Simon Hough
Lotus Drivers Club Member
Lotus Drivers Club Member

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Atthelimit Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi Simon

Good comments but the best race in the world? Sure its right up there but for me......

It has to be home grown, the St Marys Trophy or the Tourist Trophy at Goodwood Revival. Every year without fail you get to see cars sideways, with barely a few inches between them and real sporting camaradarie.
St Marys Trophy is Mk1 Jags and Lotus Cortinas fighting A35s and the mighty mini if its wet. The TT, Ford Galaxies no not the MPV the big as a barge jobbies that look like their tale's going to swat another car like a fly as they try to get past, super quick lightweight E-types and american muscle cars, Ford GT 40s etc all aiming for the same bit of track and the winner is not normally decided until the last lap.

The cars are old, the drivers even older but the racing is fantastic, this is no gentlemens demonstration this is war with many a million pound car finishing the race with battle scars to prove it. The track is great, no wire fencing to obscure the view and the track is devoid or armco and the like, period racing at its best. I think the reason I like it so much is I can tell you what the cars are! When a LM1 or LM2 goes past, is it a Lola, is it a Pug is it Pescarolo I honestly would not know unless I looked up the number in the programme.

What do others think?

Is the best racing Indy cars, (not managed one of those yet but those that have say it's fantastic), the dogems that are called touring car races or even a club Mini Migla race where the entire field looks like a swarm of angy bees lap after lap, or could it be F1 or classics or vintage racing?

Kim
Atthelimit
Atthelimit

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down