Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Lotus hopefully

3 posters

Go down

New to Lotus hopefully Empty New to Lotus hopefully

Post  rawlings2 Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:31 pm

Hi, i just thought i'd say hello, been a Landrover man ever since i could drive, but have decided to widen my scope, so been having a look at a Lotus Excel, bit of a project.
Read the books and this seems to have many of the maladies these cars seem to get, she has been pretty much neglected, headlining, interior is pretty tatty (grey tweed) the upper body is quite faded, the door frames are a little rusty and the windscreen is slightly milky on the passenger side.
Sounds bad but it runs quite well has 70,000 miles and is probably no worse than some of the Landrovers i've bought in the past, you guys will probably know more than me but i like a challenge, but any advice will be welcome, i always think that i will learn a lot more about the car by the time i finish.

Which Lotus club would be the best to Join?

Will post some pics if i get her

regards

Ian

PS Thanks for the welcome message Trigger

rawlings2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

New to Lotus hopefully Empty Hello and welcome

Post  Trigger Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:39 pm

Hello and welcome along Ian. Can't say I've had any experience with Landrovers but indeed for someone in your position an Excel project sounds like a fun investment indeed. As for joining a Lotus Club, why not join us at the Lotus Drivers Club. The Club is entirely run by volunteer members and we have a full calendar of national events, local meetings, track days, social events etc. New to 2009 is also not only our website but also this Community Forum which is serving to bring together the wider Lotus Community. Membership is £27 for the year and you will receive at least 3 issues of our Chicane Magazine, full of articles, reviews photos and more, in fact you could provide an article if you so wish. You will also receive a full membership pack when you join us.

To download a membership form or subscribe online visit our website:
http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk/JOIN.html

Anyway hope to hear more from your project and enjoy your time here Very Happy

CJ (Trigger)
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

New to Lotus hopefully Empty LDC

Post  rawlings2 Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:59 am

Hi Trigger,

i realised after i posted the question that the LDC is not just an online forum, i will download the membership form and sort it this weekend,

regards

Ian

rawlings2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-06

Back to top Go down

New to Lotus hopefully Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:05 pm

rawlings2 wrote:Hi Trigger,

i realised after i posted the question that the LDC is not just an online forum, i will download the membership form and sort it this weekend,

regards

Ian

Welcome to the Club then Ian ... Very Happy Very Happy
Trigger
Trigger

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

New to Lotus hopefully Empty Re: New to Lotus hopefully

Post  dpr59 Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:11 pm

And welcome from another Excel owner.
Although I do believe we've chatted elsewhere.

Any help of info you need, let me know.

Dave
dpr59
dpr59

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-07-18

Back to top Go down

New to Lotus hopefully Empty Re: New to Lotus hopefully

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down