Lotus Drivers Club Online
The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Lotus Drivers Club, The Friendly Lotus Club

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community. Please register yourself below with a username and password to allow you to add topics, post information and more. If you are already registered log in below.

Visit our new website at www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk and check out our events calendar for 2009 along with all the latest news, photos and information about the Club.

If you have any queries or questions please email them to lotusdriversclub-cj@yahoo.co.uk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

elan s4 door lock

3 posters

Go down

elan s4 door lock Empty elan s4 door lock

Post  don jones Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi, I'm Don Jones
Long term Elan s4 owner and just recently was stupid enough to crash into my gge door post causing a lot of damage to my door which popped open whilst reversing out of gge.
Several months later, I just cannot remember where everything goes, door locks and mechanisms, rods, striker plate rods you name it , it does not make much sense visually, even w/shop manual does not show all the parts and locations !! help ! anybody out there got a decent diagram ?
by the way left hand side door is no help as I lazily lefty some of the parts off last time I had to dismantle it. HELP ?
Anybody live in Surrey ?

don jones

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

elan s4 door lock Empty Re: elan s4 door lock

Post  GrumpyBodger Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:20 am

Sorry I'm a bit too far away to be of practical help.
The workshop manual is not much help visually but if you can get hold of a copy of the "parts list" there are some great illustrations that help with that type of problem.
Also highly recommended is the "Elan Bible" how to restore & rebuild Lotus Elans by Brian Buckland.
A tip for the future, take photos of everything, they're invaluable.

Good luck
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

elan s4 door lock Empty elan door lock

Post  don jones Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:21 pm

Many thanks for your response John, at least somebody bothered to reply ! Sad

don jones

Back to top Go down

elan s4 door lock Empty Re:

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Welcome to the Lotus Drivers Club Online Community Don,

The best I can offer is to try and search the deepest places of the web where some useful information may be found to help you. The LDC Online Forum is relatively new and so there are limited online users who own different models so as you can tell help is a little further round the corner until we grow in online users. This doesn't mean do not ask the questions as this is exactly what the online community is here for and along with time and other users knowledge we will try and solve questions like this.

In the mean time though it would be good to see some photos or hear of some past experiences you have had with your Lotus(s), some of us are still new to this way of life Very Happy

www.LotusDriversClub.org.uk
Trigger
Trigger
Website and Forum Manager

Number of posts : 1246
Registration date : 2008-07-14

http://www.lotusdriversclub.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  don jones Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks Trigger
had the elan since 1975, as time goes by parts seem that little bit harder to come by !
Will try and do a write up when time permits, Thanks again for your response.

don jones

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:59 pm

don jones wrote:Thanks Trigger
had the elan since 1975, as time goes by parts seem that little bit harder to come by !
Will try and do a write up when time permits, Thanks again for your response.

I'm sure if you keep an eye out on this site that someone will be able to put you in touch with the right people as and if problems occur with your Elan. Feel free to ask the questions and even better to offer advice to others Idea

CJ
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  GrumpyBodger Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:12 pm

OK so here goes & here's where to place your question Don:- LotusElan.net
We're a hole load of Elan nutters from all over the World, a large bunch of them spread all over the UK.
You'll get a more precise answer than mine from them & probably some kind chappy not too far from you may offer more practical help..
Good luck, I'll keep an eye open for your posting

Coats already on & I've called myself a Taxi Trigger Embarassed
Cheers
John
GrumpyBodger
GrumpyBodger
The phantom thread killer

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Trigger Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing I have no problem with this John, specific car forums are a good place to be in with. I myself am registered with ElanCentral.com as they offer the same level of knowledge that I expect LotusElan.net do as well and several group buys keep the cars up to date with parts etc that may otherwise be unatainable.
Trigger
Trigger

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down